Production in full swing for Temptation
Time to check in on SBS’s Temptation, which has been busily filming away in preparation for its premiere mid-month. I was actually expecting a bit more buzz from the promo machine given the high-profile reunion of Choi Ji-woo and Kwon Sang-woo, two of the mainstays of Hallyu 1.0, but perhaps there’s still time to build that up. (And overhyping has its own set of downsides, as I’m sure we’re all aware.)
I have to say that I find the initial tone set by the teasers to be promising, considering that this drama’s premise could easily skew tawdry and cheap: Rich woman decides to toy with a struggling everycouple just to prove how easily their love can be destroyed. But instead of going sexy and salacious, the promos seem to be taking a more highbrow approach to potential infidelity—more Secret Love Affair, say, and less weekend makjang extravaganza. (Take this assessment with a grain of salt, of course, since we don’t actually have that much material to judge on yet.)
The stills picturing Kwon Sang-woo in the company of Park Ha-sun, who plays his loyal wife, were taken on a location shoot to Hong Kong. I’ll admit that this doesn’t sound like my kind of drama, but I’m intrigued enough to give it a whirl, mostly because it looks pretty and I’m a sucker like that.
Temptation will be a Monday-Tuesday drama and premieres on July 14.
Via Star News
- Choi Ji-woo tests love with Temptation
- Park Ha-sun completes Temptation’s love square
- Lee Jung-jin courted for Temptation
- Choi Ji-woo gives in to Temptation
- Choi Ji-woo considers reunion with Kwon Sang-woo in Temptation
- Yoon Eun-hye tempted by Temptation
- Kwon Sang-woo takes the lead in SBS’s Temptation
- SBS schedules Temptation to follow Doctor Stranger