Han Ji-min confirms Jekyll and Me opposite Hyun Bin
We’ve got a leading lady and a title change for Hyun Bin’s new drama Hyde, Jekyll, Me, now going by the shorter title Jekyll and Me. That isn’t an indication that they’re dropping the split personality angle, since it’s still a rom-com about a woman who ends up in a love triangle with one man’s two personalities. I think I prefer the thematically relevant title a little more, since it evokes more of a Me-Myself-and-Irene kind of feel.
In any case, Han Ji-min (Rooftop Prince) has now signed on to the romantic comedy, where she’ll play the leader of a circus troupe. Well points for originality. Hyun Bin plays a third-generation chaebol who runs a theme park called Wonderland, and she’s the head of the circus troupe that’s such a money pit that the hero wants to get rid of it, figuring there’s no difference whether it stays or goes.
We’re not told what kind of act she does (she’s just called the troupe’s headlining actress), and she’ll go up against the hero to save her poverty-stricken circus and revamp the show. Hyun Bin’s character is an odd boss who doesn’t ever drink, drive, gamble, or leave home, which I guess means that he lives at Wonderland too.
He harbors a trauma from his childhood, which resulted in a split personality — one the coldest meanest man in the world, and the other the nicest, sweetest man ever. He’s vowed to never date or marry, but that’ll change when the heroine learns to love both men and tame his wilder unruly side. Yes, but does it count as cheating if she dates both of them?
Jekyll and Me will be a 20-episode drama directed by the PD of 49 Days and Yawang, and penned by the writer of Alice in Cheongdam-dong. It follows Pinocchio on Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning in January.
Via Wow TV
- Han Ji-min courted to romance Hyun Bin(s) in Hyde, Jekyll, Me
- Hyun Bin returns to dramaland with split personality
- Solid ensemble gathered for heartwarming family movie Jang-soo Company
- Han Ji-min up for potential drama reunion with Uhm Tae-woong
- First teaser and posters for Hyun Bin’s thriller sageuk The King’s Wrath
- Jung Jae-young and Han Ji-min’s rom-com Plan Man
- Han Ji-min cast as Hyun Bin’s political rival
- Han Ji-min does Americana, sort of
- Rooftop Prince: Episode 1
- Padam Padam: Episode 1