Kim Soo-hyun courted for split-personality crime thriller
So I guess this means the split-personality trend isn’t going to die anytime soon? I’m starting to think that a leading man without dissociative identity disorder is becoming the rarity in film and television, because I just can’t seem to get away from it. Kim Soo-hyun may have turned down the split-personality drama Dr. Frankenstein, but he’s now considering an offer for the movie Real, where he’d play a man with multiple personalities. If this has to happen, can one of them be a teenage girl?
The new movie from writer-director Lee Jung-sub of Romantic Island and Lost in Love and the producers of New World is an action crime thriller about a man with dissociative identity disorder. That’s all we’re told at this point, so the possibilities are quite endless. Is he a mastermind by night and a mild-mannered man by day who doesn’t know that his alter ego has committed crimes? Wouldn’t it be awesome if he were the detective AND the criminal?
Kim Soo-hyun’s last movie was Covertly, Grandly in 2013, and he’s currently shooting his new drama Producer, which is due out in May. It’d be nice to see him going back to darker movie roles where he could bust out more action skills (or okay, I wouldn’t say no to more workout scenes either), since we know that he’s got the romantic lead down pat.
Real is still casting and plans to start shooting later in the year.
Via IS Plus
- Kim Soo-hyun considers reteaming with You From Another Star writer
- News bites: December 6, 2014
- Oh Snap! Happy birthday, Do Min-joon
- Kim Soo-hyun embarks on eight-city Asian tour
- You From Another Star: Episode 1
- Superpower meets superstar in You From Another Star
- Movie Review: The Thieves
- Poster and stills for Covertly, Grandly
- Kim Soo-hyun’s Paris shoot for Marie Claire
- Kim Soo-hyun piggybacks The Thieves’ 10 millionth moviegoer
Tags: Kim Soo-hyun