Lee Jung-jae, Jung Woo-sung consider movie reunion
Lee Jung-jae (Big Match) and Jung Woo-sung (Madam Bbaeng-deok) in one movie? Is it called Hot vs. Hot? The real-life friends are being courted to reunite on the big screen for the first time in 16 years, since 1999’s City of the Rising Sun, when they were both 26-year-old rising stars. It would obviously be a huge get for the production if they could convince both actors to sign on; I know I’d watch it just to see their bromantic reunion.
The project is a spy action movie called Dandong, set in the border city of Dandong, China, which is separated from North Korea by the Yalu River. It’s about a high-level North Korean officer who chooses to defect, and the fight that breaks out between a South Korean intelligence agent and an undercover North Korean spy (posing as a pimp in the field, who knows why) who each want to get to him first. Aw, sad — does that make the two leads enemies?
Directing is Park Hee-gon, of Perfect Game and Insadong Scandal. Some reports say that Jung Woo-sung is a lock while Lee Jung-jae is still considering, and other stories say that there’s still so much time before the film starts shooting that nothing has been decided on either side. C’mon guys, sign on so I can watch you out-spy each other and then root for you to ditch both missions and just walk off into the sunset together.
Dandong plans to start shooting in March or April of next year.
- Guns blazing and plots in motion for period action movie Assassination
- Lee Jung-jae is a fighter on the run for Big Match
- Madam Bbaeng-deok to set screens ablaze in October
- Jung Woo-sung’s game of life and death in God’s Play
- Jung Woo-sung and Kim Haneul pair up in amnesia romance-melo
- Movie Review: Cold Eyes
- Jeon Ji-hyun considers her next project with A-list team
- Jung Woo-sung becomes homme fatale for reimagined folktale
- Movie Review: The Thieves
- The Thieves breaks more records, climbs all-time charts