Jang Dong-gun joins revenge film opposite Ryu Seung-ryong
Jang Dong-gun (Crying Man) is in final negotiations to star in the new revenge film Seven Years’ Night, the newest outing from director Chu Chang-min of Gwanghae, the Man Who Became King (or Masquerade). Ryu Seung-ryong (Guest) has already signed on to reunite with the Gwanghae director, which makes this a pretty snazzy two-top cast to look forward to.
The movie is an adaptation of a bestselling novel of the same name by writer Jung Yoo-jung, about a man who accidentally kills a young girl, and the girl’s father who then plots a seven-year revenge scheme to kill the first man’s son. Yeesh, that sounds dark. I think it’s the seven years of careful, methodical murder-planning that gives me chills.
Ryu Seung-ryong will play the man who accidentally kills Jang Dong-gun’s daughter, and suffers enormous guilt as a result. Jang Dong-gun has been cast as the dad who spends seven years plotting the perfect revenge against Ryu Seung-ryong, and sets out to kill his son. I… don’t know who I’m supposed to root for in this scenario. May the best, least murderous dad win?
Seven Years’ Night plans to start shooting later this year for a 2016 release.
Via Star News
- Unwanted visitors bring bad juju in fantasy-horror Guest
- Roaring Currents continues to smash records
- Ryu Seung-ryong and Suzy cast as teacher and student in sageuk film
- First posters and trailer for Crying Man
- New posters and trailer arrive for The Target
- Ryu Seung-ryong headlines Point Blank remake
- Jang Dong-gun returns to the big screen with Ajusshi director
- A Gentleman’s Dignity: Episode 1
- Jang Dong-gun returns to television
- Jang Dong-gun and Go So-young become parents