Go Hyun-jung suffers third-degree burn, filming pauses on Dear My Friends
Eek, Go Hyun-jung had to take some time off from filming her new drama Dear My Friends when she sustained a third-degree burn on her hands and feet a few days ago. Producers clarified that the injury was not sustained while filming — it was something that happened off the drama set in her private life — but the actress is now out of commission while she gets treated for her burns, and filming halted today because she was unable to make it to set.
She’s reportedly doing okay and recovering, and wants to return to set as soon as possible. But… third-degree burns! The producers stated that they aren’t worried about changing the schedule to accommodate Go Hyun-jung’s recovery, since the show is half pre-produced. I’d say it’s another strong argument for filming ahead of schedule, even if it’s halfway. Go Hyun-jung’s reps stated that she’s being treated for her burns and will be returning to set soon, and that she will attend the show’s press conference next Wednesday, May 4.
Dear My Friends is tvN’s upcoming Friday-Saturday series from acclaimed writer Noh Hee-kyung (It’s Okay, It’s Love) about a group of seniors living youthfully in their twilight years. It stars veteran actors Kim Hye-ja, Yoon Yeo-jung, Na Mun-hee, Joo Hyun, Shin Gu, Kim Young-ok, Go Du-shim, and Park Won-sook.
The series premieres May 13 on tvN.
Via Sports Chosun
- Love triangles and mother-daughter wars in Dear My Friends
- Daniel Henney makes guest appearance in Dear My Friends
- Seniors Over Flowers in warm human drama Dear My Friends
- Jo In-sung and Go Hyun-jung’s whirlwind romance in Dear My Friends
- Dear My Friends teases humorous take on growing old
- New Noh Hee-kyung drama Dear My Friends lines up cast
- Three-way cast reunion for new Noh Hee-kyung drama
- Go Hyun-jung courted for new Noh Hee-kyung drama on tvN
- It’s Okay, That Winter writer Noh Hee-kyung wooed by tvN