Hyun Bin courted to be a con man for revenge film
Hyun Bin (Hyde, Jekyll, Me) is looking at a revenge movie for his next project, and while that does mean he won’t be back to doing dramas for a while, I do like that he’s trying on darker roles in films. He’s considering the lead role in the new movie Con Man, in which he’d play — what else — a con man. It still doesn’t make him the villain though; one of these days, we’ll make a scary baddie out of you, Hyun Bin, and it’s going to be great.
The new movie comes from director Lee Jun-ik’s production company Tiger Pictures (Sado) and will be the feature film debut of Lee Jun-ik’s assistant director, Jang Chang-won. All we know about the plot is that it’s about a con man, and a man who loses his father and stages a con in order to get revenge. So one man turns into a con man to avenge his father, while the other man in the story is already a notorious con man. I think.
If he signs on, Hyun Bin will play the hero who becomes a con man for his revenge. I just wish I knew what kind of crime was involved. Are we talking heists, fraud, a gambling sting operation? Is the other con man an enemy or a mentor? In any case, the con movie seems to be another trend these days (along with prison movies, for some reason) — there’s also Im Shi-wan’s One Line and Lee Byung-heon, Kang Dong-won, and Kim Woo-bin’s Master on the way. May the tricksiest con win.
Con Man plans to start shooting this year, once casting is finalized. Meanwhile Hyun Bin has the action thriller Alliance due out sometime later in the year.
Via Star News
- Yoon-ah, Yoo Hae-jin to join Hyun Bin in action thriller
- Hyun Bin to headline action blockbuster movie
- Hyde, Jekyll, Me: Episode 1
- Hyun Bin returns to dramaland with split personality
- Jo Jung-seok out for Hyun Bin’s blood in The King’s Wrath
- First teaser and posters for Hyun Bin’s thriller sageuk The King’s Wrath
- Hyun Bin chooses army comeback project
- Hyun Bin returns from military service
Tags: Hyun Bin