Action thriller Fifth Column adds Jung Woo and Ryu Seung-ryong
Action thriller Fifth Column lost Kang Dong-won, but is possibly on the verge of gaining Jung Woo (Himalayas), which is not at all a bad alternative. Chungmuro veteran Ryu Seung-ryong (Dorihwaga) has also joined the cast of this much-anticipated movie. Song Kang-ho (The Throne) will be headlining as the main character, an internal affairs investigator in the army that has decided to pursue one last case before his discharge.
The title Fifth Column refers to an organization within an organization which seeks to destroy the larger organization from within. A good example would be Hydra from the Avengers movies, which was the secret criminal organization that infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D to undermine its greater purpose of helping humanity.
Similarly in Fifth Column, once Song Kang-ho starts digging into his case, he’ll discover layers that suggest the existence of a shadow group that has gained power in the top ranks of the army. Jung Woo has been offered the role of Song Kang-ho’s sidekick, who helps him get to the bottom of the conspiracy, and Ryu Seung-ryong will be playing the powerful antagonist who blocks Song Kang-ho at every turn.
Directed by Won Shin-yeon who made The Fugitive a success, Fifth Column will start production in the latter half of this year.
- Kang Dong-won considers movie reunion with Song Kang-ho
- Song Kang-ho to appear in new conspiracy thriller Fifth Column
- Youths Over Flowers bros Jung Woo, Kang Ha-neul consider movie reunion
- Youths Over Flowers in Iceland: Episode 1
- Suzy transforms into Joseon-era singer in Dorihwaga (Sound of a Flower)
- Jang Dong-gun joins revenge film opposite Ryu Seung-ryong