Moon Sori added to fantasy romance Legend of the Blue Sea
As if the Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho vehicle were lacking in A-list wattage, acclaimed film actress Moon Sori will be taking a supporting role in Legend of the Blue Sea, joining Shin Hye-sun (Five Kids) and Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street). Her role is described simply as that of a “rich wife of Daechi-dong,” an upscale neighborhood of Gangnam district.
This would be her first drama project in three years, and what a project to come back to! Moon had a small albeit unforgettable role in Park Chan-wook’s period drama-revenge thriller Agasshi, which captivated audiences at Cannes this year. Her last TV project was the 2013 MBC drama special Haneuljae’s Murder, but she hasn’t been in a full-length drama since 2008’s Golden Age of My Life.
The hype continues to mount for Legend of the Blue Sea written by My Love from Another Star scribe Park Ji-eun, with City Hunter PD Jin Hyuk signed on to direct. Based on a mermaid story from Korea’s earliest collection of folktales, but set in modern-day Korea, Jeon Ji-hyun will play the mermaid opposite Lee Min-ho’s con artist. Park had the two charismatic leads in mind while writing the story so here’s to hoping there’s more than enough fodder for amazing performances all around, on land and sea.
Legend of the Blue Sea will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama premiering in November on SBS, the follow-up to rom-com Jealousy Incarnate starring Gong Hyo-jin and Jo Jung-seok.
- Shin Hye-sun follows Five Kids with Legend of the Blue Sea
- Lee Hee-joon joins Lee Min-ho as a con artist for Legend of the Blue Sea
- Jeon Ji-hyun, Lee Min-ho team up in new SBS drama Legend of the Blue Sea
- Jeon Ji-hyun in talks to star in new drama from You From Another Star writer
- News bites: May 9, 2015
- Moon Sori, Kim Hye-ja for new KBS drama Unkind Women
- Movie Review: Forever the Moment (2008)