Song Joong-ki to cameo in Descended writer’s new drama Man to Man
I guess Entourage isn’t the only showbiz drama lining up the star cameos, because JTBC’s Man to Man just scored a guest spot from Song Joong-ki (Descended From the Sun). The actor confirmed that he’ll be making an appearance in support of the new drama from Descended From the Sun’s co-writer, Kim Won-seok.
Man to Man stars Park Hae-jin (Cheese in the Trap) as a black ops agent who goes on a secret mission to protect a Hallyu star, played by Park Sung-woong (Remember–Son’s War). Park Sung-woong’s character is a stuntman-turned-actor who made it big playing villain roles, and he hides a dark secret from his past. Yeon Jung-hoon (Mask), Kim Min-jung (Master of Trade–Inn 2015), and Chae Jung-ahn (Entertainer) co-star.
Song Joong-ki has been cast to play an assistant director, and he’ll be acting alongside Park Sung-woong. I’m actually disappointed that he won’t be playing himself in the cameo, since you’ve got a chance to make fun of a real Hallyu star in a drama about a fake Hallyu star… Oh, the possibilities! But I’m pretty sure that the writer who was even partly responsible for Song Joong-ki’s unforgettable wisecracking soldier in Descended won’t waste the cameo, right?
Song Joong-ki just picked up a Daesang at the APAN Star Awards over the weekend, and is due to co-star in the film Battleship Island next. Man to Man is planning to broadcast in 2017 on JTBC.
Via My Daily
- Kim Min-jung considers becoming a fangirl for Man to Man
- Yeon Jung-hoon considers going villainous for Man to Man
- Chae Jung-ahn in talks to romance Park Sung-woong in Man to Man
- Park Sung-woong goes Man to Man with Park Hae-jin
- Character info revealed for Park Hae-jin’s “ghost agent” in Man to Man
- Oh Hae-young PD in talks to helm Park Hae-jin’s Man to Man
- Confirmed: Park Hae-jin returns to dramaland for Man to Man
- Descended writer attached to Man to Man, Park Hae-jin in talks to star
- Descended From the Sun: Episode 1