Glimpses of a happy future with a stranger in Tomorrow With You
I really love the dreamy tone of Tomorrow With You’s latest teasers—they take on the same feel as the first poster for the drama, highlighting a fated encounter between our leads Shin Mina (Oh My Venus) and Lee Je-hoon (Signal). I wasn’t expecting such a moody, contemplative vibe from the PD of laugh-out-loud comedies Oh My Ghostess and High School King of Savvy, and of course, there’s still the fact that tvN teasers are often completely unlike the shows they represent, but I’m definitely pulled in by the look of these.
The new tvN Friday-Saturday drama stars Lee Je-hoon as a time-traveler who goes back and forth from the present to the future via subway train, and uses his knowledge to make a fortune in investments. Co-starring is Shin Mina, playing a former child star who’s now a struggling but sunny photographer. Lee Je-hoon sees something in his future that makes him speed-court Shin Mina and marry her without really getting to know her, and the drama is about their backwards romance where they get married first and then fall in love later.
In the first teaser below, Lee Je-hoon rides his time-traveling subway and flashes forward to different visions of the future—one where someone puts down memorial flowers on train tracks, one where he and Shin Mina are happily married, one where they don’t recognize each other. He breaks into a run at the very end like he’s urgently trying to get to her, and she turns to look at him. The running to stop a future from coming true is very familiar… but I can’t say I don’t like it.
In the second teaser, they walk past each other as perfect strangers, their hands grazing as they pass. He sees visions of them as a loving couple in the future, and then in the present, she turns back to look at him, and he raises his camera to capture the moment. I’m partially scared that I’m in for heartache now, but it seems like it might be the good kind of heartache that’ll have us swept up in the love story. Okay, I’m ready! Sweep me up!
Tomorrow With You follows The Lonely Shining Goblin and premieres Friday, February 3.
- New Year’s resolutions to spend Tomorrow With You
- Funny first winks in Tomorrow With You teasers
- Smiling along with Tomorrow With You
- Oh Snap! The time-traveler and his wife
- Shin Mina, Lee Je-hoon practice their bickering skills for Tomorrow With You
- Fantasy romance Tomorrow With You adds Kim Ye-won
- Lee Je-hoon, Shin Mina confirmed for Tomorrow With You
- Lee Je-hoon offered time-travel romance Tomorrow With You
- Lee Min-ki, Shin Mina up for fantasy romance Tomorrow With You
- Savvy, Ghostess PD comes back with time-traveler’s romance