Man to Man confirms April premiere on JTBC
At last, we have a confirmed airdate for Park Hae-jin’s new drama Man to Man, which will be JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday series this April after Strong Woman Do Bong-soon ends. JTBC’s other pre-produced drama The Package was initially being considered for the timeslot, but it went to Man to Man instead, which does seem much farther along in production considering all the stills and posters we’ve seen. It’s great news for me, since I’ve been dying to see Park Hae-jin in action as a super-secret ghost agent.
The new comic-melo-spy-action drama stars Park Hae-jin as a mysterious black ops agent who becomes a bodyguard to a Hallyu star, played by Park Sung-woong (Remember–Son’s War). Bromance and action have been promised in abundance, so I’m pretty hyped about the bromantic pairing. Also on the star’s staff is Kim Min-jung (Gap-dong), as Park Sung-woong’s biggest fan who eventually became his manager.
Yeon Jung-hoon (Mask) co-stars as the villain, a chaebol heir with insatiable ambition. Yeon Jung-hoon and Park Hae-jin reunited on set nine years after their epic melodrama East of Eden, where they played two men swapped at birth: That time, Yeon Jung-hoon was the poor, hard-working one and Park Hae-jin was the chaebol rival, and this time, Park Hae-jin will play the hero to Yeon Jung-hoon’s chaebol villain, which is a fun little reversal.
Additional stills show Park Hae-jin in multiple disguises as an agent, so I’m anticipating some pretty cool secret identities every time he’s on a new assignment. We don’t know yet why an elite agent would become a Hallyu star’s bodyguard, but the curiosity is killing me, so their plan seems to have worked.
Man to Man premieres April 21 on JTBC.
- Hidden backs and handholds for Man to Man
- Park Sung-woong gets decked out in a batsuit for Man to Man
- Park Hae-jin a captive in chains for JTBC’s Man to Man
- Park Hae-jin makes orange the new black in Man to Man stills
- Relaxed smiles on the set of JTBC’s Man to Man
- Park Hae-jin is tall, dark, and mysterious for Man to Man
- JTBC’s Man to Man holds first table read
- Song Joong-ki to cameo in Descended writer’s new drama Man to Man
- Kim Min-jung considers becoming a fangirl for Man to Man