Lee Won-geun, Sooyoung confirm JTBC web drama Someone You Might Know
Actor Lee Won-geun, who is currently starring in Mystery Queen as an adorable rookie police officer, and SNSD’s Sooyoung (Police Unit 38), who was just confirmed to be in MBC’s summer weekend drama Man Who Sets the Table, have been announced to be the leads in a new web drama called Someone You Might Know. It’s JTBC’s first web drama, and the anticipation is high especially after the huge success of the station’s last drama, Strong Woman Do Bong-soon.
As of yet, no character details or plot synopses have been released. Even the filming and production schedule is undecided because Lee Won-geun has to finish Mystery Queen, but we do know that the web drama will consist of ten episodes containing some sort of loveline between him and Sooyoung.
I’ve been trying to imagine their chemistry, but somehow can’t picture them in the same drama together. Despite both being relatively green to the industry, I consider them to be both pretty solid, although not blown-out-of-the-water-fantastic yet; but they’ve both been warm and approachable in their past roles, and Lee Won-geun has been gaining experience in films in between drama projects.
Someone You Might Know may be broadcast on television and released online at the same time, but the schedule has yet to be determined.
- Sooyoung confirms MBC weekend drama Man Who Sets the Table
- Sooyoung to don a white coat for new youth medical drama Polyclinic Doctor
- Police Unit 38: Episode 1
- Mystery Queen: Episode 1
- Pretty boy cop and adorable ajumma make a puppy-dog team in Mystery Queen
- Lee Won-geun up to play cop to Choi Kang-hee’s Mystery Queen
- An illicit student-teacher affair in Misbehavior