Ahn Jae-hyun offered role as Yeo Jin-gu’s rival in Reunited Worlds
Mr. Gu Hye-sun, aka Ahn Jae-hyun, may be returning to television in SBS’s Reunited Worlds. He’s been keeping busy through reality shows like Na PD’s Newlywed Diaries and New Journey to the West, but if he confirms, this will be his first acting gig since his marriage, as his most recent drama, Cinderella and the Four Knights, was pre-produced and shot beforehand. Reunited Worlds is a fantasy romance about two childhood best friends born in the same year who meet again when the girl is thirty-one years old, but the boy is somehow still eighteen.
Currently, Lee Yeon-hee (Hwajeong) and Yeo Jin-gu (Circle) have confirmed that they will be starring as the main couple, and IOI’s Jung Chae-yeon (Drinking Solo) will be playing Lee Yeon-hee’s younger counterpart. For Reunited Worlds, Ahn Jae-hyun has been offered the part of a chef-restauranteur who’ll be Yeo Jin-gu’s rival for Lee Yeon-hee’s affections. Their love triangle will be the key source of conflict in the drama.
It’ll be produced by the same PD-writer team that created the fluffy rom-coms Girl Who Sees Smells and Beautiful Gong Shim so I’m expecting a lot of meet-cuteness and adorable bickering antics. In addition, Ahn Jae-hyun is no stranger to this genre, having been in two supernatural romances so far (Blood and You From Another Star), so my hopes for this are rising.
Reunited Worlds will begin sometime this July, following Suspicious Partner on Wednesday-Thursday.
Via IS Plus
- IOI’s Jung Chae-yeon to join Reunited Worlds
- Yeo Jin-gu, Lee Yeon-hee up to become friends-turned-lovers in Reunited Worlds
- Beautiful Gong Shim team returns with fantasy-romance Reunited Worlds
- News bites: December 31, 2016
- Celebrating 10 years with the tvN10 Awards
- Cinderella and the Four Knights: Episode 1
- Cinderella is determined to turn her knights into a happy family