Jang Hyuk’s potential reunion with Han Chae-ah in Money Flower
Jang Hyuk is looking to take on a new drama series less than a year out from his last, OCN thriller Voice, and one of the strongest contenders is MBC’s Money Flower, a weekend drama about those who believe they have ultimate power over money, when in reality it’s the greed for money that controls them.
Jang Hyuk is considering the role of a character who grew up as an orphan, but rose through his own efforts to become a successful lawyer and the leader of the strategic legal planning team of one of the largest corporations in Korea. Both he and Han Chae-ah (Introverted Boss) are carefully reviewing the offer to be the male and female leads. Lee Da-hae’s name was initially mentioned as well as a potential lead, but so far there have been no updates on her status.
Han Chae-ah and Jang Hyuk have a history together, having worked with each other in sageuk Master of Trade—Inn 2015. They played star-crossed lovers, who had one of the most makjang-y relationships (she was his boss and archnemesis’ wife). So if they do decide to sign on, it’ll be interesting to see how differently they rekindle the chemistry again in a new modern setting.
MBC’s weekend drama Money Flower will air starting November, after Thief-nom, Thief-nim ends.
- Han Chae-ah offered lead role in MBC weekender Money Flower
- Lee Da-hae considers new weekender Money Flower
- Cha Tae-hyun brings in several high-class cameos for The Best Hit
- News bites: January 21, 2017
- Voice: Episode 1
- The chase is on for a killer with a smile in spine-tingling Voice teasers
- The sound-catching, crime-solving duo of OCN’s Voice