Open Thread #518

Happy Friday everyone!

Here is your Open Thread, which is here for you to chat about anything you want, whether it be drama-related or not. Nothing’s off-topic here! Spoilers may be rife, so proceed accordingly.

OT week 33. I’m literally living in a dream right now, sipping a latte in the Goblin’s hotel (Fairmont Le Chateaux Frontenac). Across the way is the grassy knoll that Kim Shin and Eun Tak met for the final scene, of which I have a panoramic view from the 14th story lounge window. If any of you have the means and opportunity to come here, please do. It’s beautiful, and not for just fans of the show. We are here with another couple, who are world travelers, and she has said that this is one of the best hotels she’s ever stayed. The service is impeccable, the rooms luxurious, and really, this is a dream come true for me. For everyone else in our group, this is a tour of authentic French Canadian cuisine, with an emphasis on the “French.” Really, the best food I’ve ever been blessed to eat.

And although we’ve been touring Old Quebec City, we’ve still had some down time to watch kdramas, because this week was the finale of “The King Loves.” And what a finale it was. It hit all the right notes for me and I breathed a sigh of relief when all our favorite characters made it to the end in one piece, more or less. Poor Yoona looked so haggard by the end, though, her youthful vitality was gone, so I was glad to get a flashback of the three friends in happier times.

And on the trip between Montreal and Quebec City, I took a couple hours watching “Temperature of Love,” and I think this is my favorite OTP this year. Their banter is priceless— witty, cheeky, with just the right amount of playfulness to make them both so endearing to me. AND. THAT. KISS! The camerawork and editing in this is excellent and I loved how we were whisked away from that kiss as the train sped on, making me long to see more. I reminded me of a romantic old movie—where they do romance right. Now, I just need to get my husband to watch this with me, but he’s hesitating. I need them to cook more to get him hooked, I think. Don’t worry, though, I’m pretty resourceful, and convincing.

Last weekend, I spent an evening at a charity benefit with a dear friend. The last time we talked, I introduced her to Dramabeans, although she has never seen a kdrama. As we were walking back to our respective cars…

Friend: Oh, that website! I still think about it often, what you showed me was hilarious! *referring to the Park Hae Jin oppa-wars*

Me: We still have to watch “Man to Man.”

*Husband catches up, overhearing our conversation and trying to nip it in the bud—he knows where this is going*

Husband: *speaking to friend, while rolling his eyes* Be careful, you’ll get addicted like she is!

Friend: Oh, I think I’ll be even more! *Laughing, as we leave her*

Me: *Waving, while shouting back at her* Give me a time to watch “Man to Man” with you!

Husband: *Bemused, but a little annoyed* What was that? I didn’t know she watched dramas? Are you proselytizing again?

Me: Oh my goodness, she thinks Park Hae Jin is the end all, be all. And...

...don’t tell her husband!

Husband: So you’ve conveniently given her Park Hae Jin while you keep Gong Yoo?

Me: Of, course. You can keep Rachel McAdams. Were both not interested in her! *Laughing*. So, really, don’t tell her hubs, ok?!

Moral of the story: COME TO QUEBEC CITY! It’s so charming!

2nd moral: Share the drama love! Wherever you are!

3rd moral: Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh @ally, that sounds romantic and dreamy and lovely. Continue having a great time and stay safe in your travels!

This is so cute! Thank you for sharing @allly.
That kiss you described in ToL, it was really a magical scene, it was like a dream for me. I didn't even handle and had to hide my eyes with my hands.. It was really romantic.

You're KDrama journey with your husband is really cute. Wondering if I'll have one too who'll keep up with my addiction. Hihihihi. 😂❤😍😁💞

I’m so in love with Temperature of Love. Or maybe just in love with Yang Sejong and Seo Hyun Jin being in love. I haven’t figured it out yet. 😍

me too Ally! They're so lovely together.. Kyaaaah. 😍❤😁💞

This made me smile! I am so happy to hear people enjoying their visits in my little part of the world :) And also discovering my culture :O I didn't even know they made such tours! I hope you keep enjoying your stay in Canada. Are you planning to go somewhere else after Québec City? If you are interested in French Canadian Cuisine, may I suggest taking a trip to the north east of New Brunswick for some great Acadien meals (If you love seafood that is).

Oh! Thank you for the recommendation! We’ll just be in Montreal after this. However, we are planning another trip to Canada with our children next time!

Just saw the iconic “red door!” Squeeee!

Aww how awesome! It really looked like a lovely hotel. Glad to here it's just as nice as it looks.
Yes! “Temperature of Love" does have that classic vibe to it and yet it's able to feel quite modern as well.

Way to go with your friend...hahah you know sharing is caring. :)

I’m in love with father is strange . There is not one couple I will not route for In this 52 episode series. Lee yoori is love and so are the others . Kudos to the whole team for an a.ma.z.i.ng show🙏🙏

Text Message Break Up.

2016 was such a great year for kdrama. This year its all about crime, prosecutors and time travel drama.

Totally agree! I'm currently rewatching Shopping King Louie and I can't believe I forgot how fluffy the OTP was ^^

They were so cute. They were both so clueless, but clueless together. Adorbs.

I want to talk about how louie is a wonderful update to attic cat. I also want to talk about how great it is that I've been watching dramas long enough to recognize recycled plot.and when there's just something completely different, but still endearing sucking you right back in. I'm still catching up on 2016

Never got a chance in watching Attic Cat. Is it any good?

Agreed! 2016 was the year I first started watching kdramas and I didnt realise what a great year it was. This time last year we had Moonlight, Moon lovers, W, Doctors, Uncontrollably Fond...

This time last year is when I first started watching currently airing dramas--the girl who introduced dramas to me only introduced me to the old stuff. I didn't even know watching currently airing dramas was a thing. And then when I discovered it---whoo boy. All at once Jealousy Incarnate, Lets Fight Ghost, W, Another Oh Hae Young---Gosh. I remember for a stretch I was watching EVERYTHING that was airing and would literally sit in my room and flip a coin to decide what to watch next because everything was practically the same level good I was totally spoiled for my first experience watching currently airing dramas and it hasn't been the same sense.

I started watch Ng live dramas last year as well! I’m so picky now! I only watch things that I know will have good acting and have not been disappointed.

My favorite gotta be 2015 with Healer, Oh My Ghostess, I Remember You.

2016 was also quite good, while 2017 is just bleak.

This is the first time where I haven't watched any kdrama (live or no) in weeks! After Best Hit and Fight My Way ends, I haven't found any crack drama, in fact I just haven't been finishing the dramas I watched. I was quite excited by School 2017 and Forest of Secret but lost interest midway. Now I am just waiting for Live Up Your Name to end to marathon it, I hope it's as good as the rave, I miss having a crack kdrama!

For some strange reason, despite having many dramas to catch up on, and some previously done airing dramas to finish and the soon to be airing dramas to start- Somehow I have instead started watching Healer for the 5th time.

Send help.

I know the feeling. I am way behind on Save Me and trying to catch up on Strongest Deliveryman. The latter is really quite good, but I don't feel compelled to watch it for some reason. The one show that might change all that might be Temperature of Love. But I know the feeling of preferring to rewatch a drama as opposed to finishing a currently airing and recently finished one.

I still haven't watched past the 3rd episode of Strongest Deliveryman, which makes me feel like a failure (Huge Go Kyung Pyo fan). I don't know why I can't watch it, I enjoyed it very much, but I just somehow have trouble clicking the play button. And Save me is just generally a really hard drama to binge.
I think it's also because I'm slightly scared of how it will end?? I mean, the last couple finales (School 2017, Bride of the Water God etc) I have found less than satisfactory, so I think my subconscious is wanting me to watch something I know has an ending I am happy with.

Same here @aardvark. It's like having a KDrama watching block. I don't have any drive too to watch the currently airing ones except for SD and ToL. Looking forward however to This Life is our first and Revolutionary Love. I miss rom-coms reaallyyyy.

Now, I'm just thinking on re-watching my faves like Secret Garden or any RomCom. What do u think? 😞😓😂

I got my eyes on quite a few of the soon to be airing dramas, but as soon as they start I will probably end up dropping most of them (unfortunately). I am looking forward to Black, While you where sleeping, Revolutionary Love, and This Life is Our First (The poster is my wallpaper, no joke.) but I don't know if I will actually get past the 3rd episode of any of them which slightly kills my motivation.

But if you're feeling overwhelmed with all the new dramas, just put everything on pause and pop it in. Do a quick little binge of Secret Garden until you feel recharged. (I myself am probably going to rewatch 2 more dramas once I'm done with healer, despite the busy schedule)

Hehehe good luck to our recharging phase so we could come back great for the new dramas to come. Hahaha. 😊😁😂

It's the way it is! For one: healer was a good drama. And two: sometimes it feels better watching something you enjoyed before again, rather than taking a risk with a new drama. And sometimes just watching something that you know can also be more relaxing because you don't need the same level of cocentraton.

I think that's the way it is for several of us right now. The way the Melona bars swept over the Beanieland I feel like dramaslump has slowly taken its toll on a big chunk of us as well. :( Its not nearly as fun as the Melona Bars. I've rewatched in just the past couple of weeks like--5 dramas. And kept up with like 2 currently airing dramas. In my part I needed the familiarity while navigating my new state. But, still. At one point I thought to myself: what if I don't really like kdramas and I only like the few that I've seen and I'll never like another one again?!

That last part I understand. When I was fading out of the 'Honeymoon' phase of drama watching, I thought that maybe I didn't actually like them as much as I thought I did. But then I just realized that perhaps I just needed a change of pace/genre. A couple of the new dramas that haven't started yet seem nice and 'fresh' so I'm hoping it gets me out of the rewatching groove.

Also, Melona bars? Did I miss something while I was gone?

OOOoooh. Yes. Yes you did. There's been a sort of madness on the boards. It all started with @sicarius's outrage that on Strongest Deliveryman three of the bars were dropped. And that lead to like a site wide search for Melona bars in a locale near you. I want to say it took (I think it was) @raonah like 9 visits to stores around their country to find the melona bars. If you go back a few pages on the Fanwall (I can't imagine you'd have to go back further than 2-3) you'll find the latest conversation about the bars. Each thread gets like 10-20 comments. Its insanity. Those bars are damn good though.

My comment is awaiting moderation. So.. It'll pop up eventually. In the interim you should look at @sicarius wall. Or go back a few pages in the fanwall. Thats where all the Melona madness started.

These creamy fruit ice cream bars are DELICIOUS! I posted something on my wall as well and @sicarius did mention her original post there. (Mine might be easier to find since i don’t post too often. http://www.dramabeans.com/members/ally-le/?page=fan_wall

ICE CREAM!!!

BTW, you can get the link to a specific fanwall post or comment by clicking/tapping on the three vertical dots at the top right side of the comment and copying the url "Permalink" points to. Like the ice cream post you mean here: http://www.dramabeans.com/members/ally-le/activity/242395/

The fish-shaped ice cream is my favorite. :D

*posts a lot* *sorry you have to scroll alot*
BUT THANK YOU MARY FOR THE TIP I'VE BEEN WONDERING HOW TO DO THAT PERMALINK FOR AYGES AHHH

Yup, I think the drama slump is inevitable. I mean, we watch a ton of these shows a day, a week, a month, and a year. I've completed 15 k-dramas this year alone. That's not including other types of Asian dramas like C/J/T etc., the shows that I dropped at various stages, and the dramas I'm currently watching. Then there's Western shows. Damn, I watch too many shows. I need a break soon or I might really burn out.

Do you work? How do you support your habit!?!

@ally-le: I do work. It's just that I have very little life outside of that at the moment. 😭

I also made a conscious effort to watch as many dramas as I could this year to see how my end of the year review would turn out. I'm sure there are people who've watched way more than me though.

I have the same disease.....

I watched healer twice but only because there's a lot of it I didn't pay attention to the first time. I rewatched a lot of shows that aired from 2011to 2013. I think those were very good years with the new cable offerings.

I'm halfway through Forests of Secrets and Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. Let's just say I'm presently having the best of both worlds :). I am also all caught up with Age of Youth 2 (and the preview?!! Yay!!!!), and on Temperature of Love. Eagerly anticipating While You were Sleeping (for ljs of course), and Revolutionary Love. I'm also curious, has anyone else had problems with their theme of the month posts not getting posted? This is the second time I'm writing an entry for the theme of the month and my write up doesn't get put up :(.

Absolutely love Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. It was the first cdrama I watched and it was so lovely and the love story was sooo beautiful. I binge watched it in about 2 weeks and was left craving more.

That's the reason why I am terrified of finishing the drama because I will have to say good bye to Ye Huan, Bai Qian, Mo Yuan, Zhe Yan, Bai Zhen, Bai Feng Jiu, Dong Hua, Li Jing and all the others and I can't afford to say goodbye to them yet :(.....

Omg I live watched 10 Miles and I was at the Daiso when another girl was standing next to me staring at her phone. All of a sudden I heard a voice and I was like Ye Huan?!?!?! So yes the loss will be great when you say goodbye. I suggest watching the BTS to comfort yourself.
That Mark Chao was brilliant. The subtly he used to play both character was so well done.
Yang Mi as Bai Qian was awesome. I love how she wasn't a perfect character.

Ha, don't get me started on the stunning brilliance that is Mark Chao and how he played such identical characters so well that even if you dress them in the exact clothes i can tell by their different mannerisms who's Ye Hua and who's Mo Yuan. And yes and yes. Yang Mi as Bai Qian was awesome!!!! I was an absolute puddle. I will definitely go searching for the BTS and urgh, I might just go watching the movie version: once upon a time, even though I know there is no way it will be able to measure up to its predecessor. Temperature of love is stunning. it hits me with the feels every time I watch it. I can't wait for the next episodes!!!

ahhh FoS and 10 Miles <3 at the same time?
Lucky! Love those two.
Temperature of Love siiigh it's so beautiful.

Hi Beanies !

2nd week in Germany. Now I think I understand why some people like fall. Not too hot but not too cold.

I'm currently organizing my classes and I sent my choices to my department's responsible professor of my home university. She said everything seemed like under my control and that I should look for a higher level for translation class. In reality, I forgot to send a document as soon as I arrived in Germany to my home university's International Office. A week doesn't make a big difference I guess. I'm kind of scared to go to these classes. My German level might not be as good as the professor thinks and I have to read 4 books for literature class !

An other concern is managing my budget. Even if I got several scholarships I don't want to use all of them. So I decided to keep track of my monthly expenses and to set a budget for food, shopping, activities and travelling. May I not be tempted by whatever comes to me.

On a positive note, German people are really sweet and friendly. I was at the Bürgerbüro to register my place and people took their time to explain the proces. However I was surprised to be asked for my religion for administrative papers.

They're sweet but always in a rush. Cashiers at the supermarkets are really fast. It's so crazy I can't even pack my things properly o.o Must be why they have these kind of shelves at the side and next to the exit.

I rewatched Fated to Love You. It was my first exposure to Jang Hyuk and I found him handsome the first time. Now I find him really sexy ! Something that didn't change is me laughing at Choi Jin Hyuk's character's name. The scriptwriter couldn't think of anything else than Daniel Pitt ? Really ?

Since I can't watch dramas other than those I've downloaded, I'm turning to books. I read The Woman who stole my life by Marian Keyes, an Irish author. The German title's translation is more optimistic, something along the line "Middle age's super luck". A woman has a rare illness, is thankfully cured and publishes a book about it. She gets divorced, starts a new life in New York with her neurologist and her two kids but her book doesn't reach the publishing company's expectations so she ends up coming back to Ireland. It's quite easy to understand and good to train my German. Even if I'm not a fan of this kind of book.

@swunnie Are you free this Monday ? Or we can meet up an other day if it doesn't suit you :)

Happy Friday :D

Fall is the best whether season. Mornings are chill.

I really like fall :D

Ahh fall :) The only season I thoroughly enjoy! Wish fall lasts longer where I'm from. And good luck and have fun in Uni :)

I don't have fall where I'm from so it's mew for new.
Thanks I'll enjoy it !

You're in Europe so you can watch all the dramas on lots of streaming channels, download addblock to prevent lots of popp up windows and ask your teacher or classmates if you have problems with anything. The student department is always helpfull. First three weeks might be hard but after time will flow... In which city are you?

Accessing to streaming sites is no problem I just need Internet ha. I'm in Düsseldorf.

The fall and winter time are so fun in Germany! Some nice beer in autumn and mulled wine in winter. That was my treat as a student.

No way! I had a friend who lived in Düsseldorf! She send me pictures and I thought the town look so beautiful. Straight out of a fairytale lol Now she lives in Marbourg.

Seasons affect the mood, don't they?

I'd never know because I am one degree north of the equator. Does it mean I should have less mood swings? I only get more pensive when it's raining outside.

Fall is indeed the best!

I hope you will enjoy studying in Germany. I must admit that I am a bit envious. It has been one of my dreams to study or work in Germany. Sometimes I really miss living in Europe. Und ich muss mein Deutsch üben, um es zu verbessern... Ich wünsche dir viel Spass im Deutschland :) Please do share your experience!

And also love the book recommendation! I am also stuck only watching pre-downloaded dramas and I have been reading a lot more. Right now I am reading various versions of classic fairytales and, let me just say that my "childhood is officially ruined" hahaha However, I must say that the original version of Sleeping Beauty is far more interesting than the Disney or the Brother Grimms versions. Too bad that Sleeping Beauty has little to no agency.

That reminds me that my German literature teacher used to give me Grimm fairytales to practice reading in German. I remember my teenage self being quite shock by the gruesome depictions in Cinderella...Can't wait to read it again and see how the English translation compares.

Oh yeah I have read all of them tales and it's interesting that they were more like warnings for children than cute fairy tales !
Dein Deutsch ist schon gut !

Fall is my most favourite season ☺ If you have time, you should visit the Nordpark or Schloß Jägerhof, the parks there are beautiful right now!
And don't be scared because of the classes. The professors in Düsseldorf are normally very understanding towards foreign students and their eventual language problems.
I hope, we will see each other on Monday ☺ Have a nice weekend!

The one I was waiting for since forever has been posticipated. Why 20th Century Boy& Girl, why?? 😣😢😢😢

Btw, the f#$& will happen to the 2nd week of October?
3 slots of TVN, 3 slots of KBS, OCN and JTBC, all of them are starting new dramas that week.
And it's sort of weird considering Save Me, Strongest Deliveryman, end this week. And Manhole + Argon + LUTYN + Criminal Minds (the neverending story) end next week. So it's a 1-2 week break for those timeslots 😮😮😮

Aw, I was looking forward to 20C Boy & Girl too. But I'm actually glad they're pushing it back, because it looks promising and it'll be sad if it gets botched up.

And more than that, the last thing I want is for the production team and staff to suffer under an inhumane shooting schedule. Pushing it back really doesn't affect viewers, aside from a temporary sense of disappointment and some impatience.

Wow, really? That's a heck of a lot of dramas to come omg 🙄🙄 Pretty scary tbh.
Why do they all like airing together in a row so much? Reminds me of the buses in my neighbourhood, always coming together in groups 😍😍

What's that, you say? 20th century Boy&Girl have been postponed? I'm not hearing anything lalalalalalala

Only for a week thankfully. It will start on 2 October instead of 25 September 😊

that's shcoking @gledis-sotiri. i didn't realize it until i saw your post. OhEm. Thanks for the reminder. It's like that line-up are the ones we're looking forward to. Fighting! 👊💪😀

Save Me ends this week? Finally someone can send Father Baek to hell? I have fallen behind this show, I need to catch up to see this monster get his comeuppance.

Aaarrrg.....gone. Argon the show which I never even got started because of no subs is ending? At the same time as Criminal Minds which seemed to be airing for eternity.

For those of you who wants to know which upcoming dramas are going to be aired soon, you can check it here: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Upcoming_KDrama
I always check it to see the list of upcoming dramas and yes the second week of October is crazy! When I checked those dates before, I was surprised by that week's dramas premiere because I think this is the first time that 8 dramas premiere in the same week! But I kinda like it this way as I could put them as Fall 2017 dramas group.

Wait, I just realized that all the upcoming dramas in Oct and Nov will be in modern setting. No saeguk for about three months or more? I guess I'd just rewatch TKL and SDQ whenever I need my saeguk feels for the time being.

I used to look forward to this time of the year in Dramaland. Celebrating the Chuseok holiday with my Korean friends and watching a long epic sageuk that would last till the following year.
"Goblin" kind of make up for it last year. That feeling and the Goryeo part of it was worth the discussion.

I have nothing to look forward to except for "Bad Guys: City of Evil"
It'd be great to see Kim Moo-yul and Yang Ik-june.

Andante is starting this week, isn't it?
Mad Dog and those revenge seeking ahjummas.

Suzy's voice isn't as much annoying as i expected it to be.

@sancheezy Oregairu vol 12 is chaos.

"Suzy's voice isn't as much annoying as i expected it to be."

So you didn't even stick around to rate UF's first episode last year?

Her voice isn't bad at all, but the editing will be highly blamed if they don't work with her strong points like her natural cheerfulness this time!!!

I wasted 20 hours of my life on UF.

Some say i have good taste and then i show them my watchlist.

Happy Friday Beanies 😊
Highlights of this week :
◾ New features made a quick appearance 😲. To @Mary and all DB staff : aja aja hwaiting 💪😉
◾ I found out this site “kvarietybgms.blogspot.fr “ where they listed all BGM used in Hyori homestay and 3 meals a day S4 😲, they even made youtube playlists. I’ve listened to Hyori homestay ep1 BGM playlist and found out 3 songs I’ve heard a lot in K-shows. I’m going to listen to their playlists : a lot of time with good music 😎 and new discoveries 😁 : oh yay 🤗
◾ New milestone : 11,000 upvotes reached 😎😁

The new features tease is killing me!!! I want, I need, I must have!!! 🙏🏽

I must be really behind, what are the new features??

Just finished The King’s Love. Yay, for once a pair is able to chuck it all and run off.

Watching several C dramas, King’s Woman, Not Easy Being King and Rakshasa Street.

Did watch Ep1 of Temp of Love.

So my partner was like "we are not watching anything together for so long time, what you would like to watch with me?" "There's something I want to watch with you. It's little bit like first Twin Peaks series (his favourite), but it's korean." Yeahh! We are watching "Save me" together. It's funny because he doesn't see OK Tacyeon as a bad actor and he is like "why it needs to be like 1 hour long? They could dynamise it by cutting it shorter. " I know what you mean, but I'm so happy that he accepted to watch something other than american shows. :-D :-D :-D

Oh, Dong Chulyaa you're so good!

That's great that he s willing to give it a chance! I haven't tried making my boyfriend watch anything yet.

I know! :) Mine is a typical french guy - most of the time grumpy, no to little compliments, complaining a lot, sometimes I wonder why I love him. So his work, our child, my work, gardening, reconstruction of our next house, friends, all takes lots of time and we are like cats and dogs most of the time, so we tried at least to watch a movie together and this was his first moove towards my current peaceful obsession with asian tv. He insisted to watch french series to improve my french, but there's nothing really that great right now, oh there was "Engrenages" (the sixth one came out right now, it's done with BBC colaboration and it's really good) and Les Revenants (I didn't watch this one, just some of parts of it, but it's a good one). I don't have a TV - refuse to have one, internet and streaming is enough, I should be more active, but I discovered kdramas and tv shows and I'm terrible. At least there is one in so many I can make him watch.

Awesome! Yeah I use he language thing as a justification for watching chinese dramas all the time xD

I don't understand why taec gets such flack about his acting. Oh ji ho is much worse. Of course he does well in the shows as a ghost seer. But he's baaad. I also think Kwon Sang woo could do with some acting lessons or better direction. I think taec tries and is likable, he's still a little closed off, but he doesn't deserve negative appellations.

Yaaay, this is only like the second time I've caught an open thread before it was a day or two too late! Usually it gets put up while I'm sleeping (resists the urge to make a pun involving Lee Jong-suk's upcoming drama) and by the time I wake up there's already 100 comments, which is daunting.

I've been so busy this week, I haven't had time to watch the most recent episodes of Rescue Me. I did start Temperature of Love, I think to get a break from the relentless stress my other show is putting me through. I know fall is rom com season but I'm looking forward to another thriller like Circle or Forest of Secrets--although dramas like those don't come around so often, at least in my opinion. (And I'm still not over either of them, btw)

I have to go scan bones for four hours today, and then go to class, but after that it's a Friday night with no plans, which means I'm definitely curling up with some food and my computer to watch dramas all evening. Maybe I can finally make some headway in my ten-mile long to-watch list

Scanning bones? Are you an anthropologist?

Not yet, but that's the plan! I have an internship with the anthropology department at my school to scan and model animal bones from the zooarchaeology collection

That's awesome! Do you watch/like the American show Bones?

It's funny you mention that, because that show was the first thing a friend of mine referenced when I told him about the internship. I haven't actually seen it, although I should

I’ve saved Secrets for when I don’t have a drama to watch. Circle was amazing! Still not over it either.

Hello Beanies!

First week of work and I'm already tired. 🤣 I only got a chance to watch The King Loves during weekdays. So I need to go on kdrama marathon mode on to watch Temperature of Love, Age of Youth 2, Live Up to Your Name and Girl's Generation 1979 this weekend! I'm gonna watch ToL tonight and the rest, I'll watch it tomorrow on Sat. Ahhh I can't wait to have my date with Yang Se-jong and Kim Jae-wook. 😍 Not to forget weekend dramas Strongest Deliveryman and Save Me finale this week! So excited for both dramas, but I'm sad that it's gonna be over soon. I still need my weekly happy pill of Jin Gyu's dimple and stressed-but-satisfied pill of queen Sang Mi.

Enjoy on your catch up @hannahmustafa. Will miss SD too once it ended. Huhuhu. 😭😭

I started Temperature of Love today but didn't get to finish the 1st episode. 1st 30 mins is kinda slow but I think I should love it since Yang Se Jong is in it. I was so bummed that I couldn't bring myself to continue Duel, I'll still try to get back to it one day since his performance in it was so well received.

I found myself distracted while watching TOL, I think I need The King Loves effect to wear off first or once I get hooked on TOL, I can leave my TKL behind.

I watched ep 1-2. It's a bit slow, but it's because the power of Yang Se-jong, I enjoyed it. Anyway, I'm already missing Rin. I might do TKL rewatch soon, or just replay swoony Rin's scenes.

I just opened Temperature of Love video to continue from where I've stopped and found myself thinking of TKL again. *sigh*

My drama watching has gone haywire.

I've been doing the same thing! Withdrawal symptoms. Might have to do a rewatch since I can't get into any of the new stuff yet.

You’ve got TKL syndrome and RINitis bad. Take your time to recover. Get all your thoughts out with the last recap. You can catch up with TOL once you do! Doctor’s orders!!!🌡💊👩🏻‍⚕️

so i am not alone in missing TKIL and Rin.....i am not able to watch anything new just cause i am still staring at my Rin 😂 and HJH...😄

Maybe you're still in TKL's severe withdrawal. 😉 I don't know how great TOL is, but since I started mainly for casts especially Seo Hyun-jin and already promised to stay until the end, you would see me keep saying positive things mostly until the end. 😂

Hello to everyone, have a nice weekend.

I am planning to start watching Temperature of Love today.

There's been a long time since I completed a romantic drama (my last one was either Surplus Princess, which I think is more comedy than romance or The Master's Sun, both back in 2014, I guess) because I'm not a huge fan of the genre. Though all, when I saw the teaser about two weeks ago, I sort of fell in love with the cinematography and I'm hearing a lot of positive comments about it, so I decided to give it a chance. I really like Jo Bo Ah and I've always wanted to watch another drama with Kim Jae Wook (I watched Who Are You). Also, there are some great comments about the leads.

I have never watched anything in this new mini episode format, but for me, as a student who has tons of university things to do, the idea of watching something with 30 minutes sounds great (:

Same about the appeal of 30 minute episodes for university students. Just enough time for me to watch one between classes, on a day I'm not too busy.

I'm not usually big into the romance genre either, but I did enjoy the first episode of Temperature of Love, so I think for the time being I'll stick with it

Ooh as someone who is a big fan of romance, I'm interested in what non-romance fans like. What is your favourite genre?

I'm just waiting for While You Were Sleeping to start airing and take me out of my kdrama comatose.

crossing my fingers that it turns out good.. I didnt find the trailers compelling at all... they were pretty but that's about it... it's only the power of past LJS performances that's gonna get to me start watching it.. it's been too long since we had him onscreen!

I'm looking forward to it as I loved both dream high and i hear your voice (i have yet to watch Pinocchio) but the trailers haven't particularly interested me.

Currently having no drive to watch the currently airing ones except for SD, AoY and ToL. Any advice beanies on what to watch? Preferably RomComs. Thankiiie!! 😁❤❤

Me too, am truly thankful for Temperature of Love that started this week. My fav genre is also RomComs. Its a good start to end my kdrama slump. Although a bit sad that SD will end tomorrow :O Looking forward to While You Were Sleeping too!

Yeah right rachel. Romcoms just puts all the stress away that's why it is my favorote genre along with slice of life dramaaas. Am on board with ToL coz of the leads. They are so cute together! Kyaaaah. 😊😍😄

No such thing as a kdrama romcom. There are comedies of course, but there at there are more melos than anything else. I always thought melodrama was a negative connotation, but I never thought tragedy as a genre description to be negative. Other people's tragedies are the funniest things, after all.

No worries, sometime around the corner, maybe in two weeks, there will be a lot of upcoming dramas and most of them are ROMCOM!

Cant wait any longer hanna. Especially for revolutionary love and this life is our first. It is my first exposure to Lee Min Ki. I have heard a lot about him. So excited! 😊😊

I'm excited for Revolutionary Love and The Package! Both of them are romcom! It's been lack of romcom lately after FMY ended, so I'm glad most of new ones are romcom!

Harvest Villa is a off beat sort of RomCom. Lee Bo Young & Shin Ha Kyun star. A man inherits an apartment building rumored to have treasure stashed there. Give it a try for something different.

Oooh. Never heard of thus title. Will check this out and see. Thanks for the recomm. ^_^

I'm not sure if you've already seen these but here's my list:
- Let's eat (1 and 2, I personally found 1 funnier but they're both good)
- Drinking Solo
- Master's sun
- Marriage not dating
- Shopping King Louis
- Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
- Jealousy Incarnate
- Kill me, heal me
- You Who came from the stars
- Reply 1997, 1994, 1988 (I found the first half of 1994 and 1988 the funniest.)

Some definitely have more comedy than others. I tend to watch the first half when it's the funniest, then move onto another drama until I'm in the mood to finish it.

Thanks for the list rene! I've seen them all except for Let's Eat S1. Will add it now on my to watch list. Thankieeee. ^_^

Yay we have a similar taste in dramas. What did you end up watching or are you still browsing?

Hahaha yeah. I end up watching Youth over Flowers in Iceland. Maybe I'll just wait for the upcoming ones. 😊😊

For some reason I can't seem to reply to your another comment so I'll reply here. I watched the Iceland one too but then got distracted by the Africa one so I haven't finished it. Will be on my finish list 😀

Izz okay rene. Update me once you finish it let's squeal about it! LOL. Their bonding was really great. I love their singing moments. Will rewatch Africa this weekend. 💻💻

Does anyone know where I can watch "If we were a season" with subtitles?

So far no subs yet. It might out after several weeks at KBS world YT channel.

Great! thanks for letting me know so i dont keep checking websites for it.

also i keep seeing your comments on the first few comments of many posts!

I underestimated the effect The King Loves has on me. Yeah, the drama ended but I am still in a daze.

I can't say it's the best drama and there were imperfections but you know when you are in love, the heart rules the mind. And I don't even like romance dramas!

I never expected Hong Jong Hyun to have this kind of effect on me. His Rin is such a dream material. I've been wondering why there's no HJH interviews since the drama ended. I hope it's not because most Korean viewers are mad with his character and it extended to him. There seems to be this golden rule that the main lead must get the girl or else all hell breaks loose.

I had hope this will be Hong Jong Hyun's breakout role although he's been in the industry for quite some time. But the ratings weren't impressive and with the fallout from the ending, I'm not sure if it's working well for him. Next time, just don't cast this guy as a second lead in a romance unless drama wants to break the rule.

I started TKL after u recom in prev OT sis, I'm at ep 3, I couldn't reach more, not just bcs I don't have time yet, but I sense a really wrenchy feeling that this triangle love could pouch my heart...
I scare to continue this.. oh no..

Don't be afraid of pain....it can be soooo good 😉

Keep watching TKL, it's worth it to feel all those feels. Haha

Haha..
The last time my wrecked 6th sense worked up was in SDQ ep1 yeongsangun's lonely gaze &
Signal ep1 when they talked in assylum.

It all ends up in tragic lmao. Otw buying Klenex ~~

I like your Hong Jong Hyun-ing, your fan wall lately is probably the most f-ab-ulous!

Don't worry he is yours, though, keep him safe!

I'm worried about the ending fallout effect on him, too. I hope the Korean audience isn't extending the backlash to him as well, and that he gets a new role soon! He definitely gained a ton of international fans, and I hoped he gained some on the domestic front too.

I know where I need to go to get my HJH fix! Hopefully, he’ll get more good roles because he deserves them.

just watch all his variety show all over again, he is very quirky & funny haha

I wasn't really into sageuks. The last that I really followed and watched in full was Jewel in the Palace. I watched bits of Moonlight for PBG but couldn't really get into the story. I am also surprised by how much I loved The King Loves. HJH wasn't also on my radar before and I wasn't really into aww shucks nice guys in kdrama but I totally fell in love with him as Rin.

I was supposed to start Temperature of Love but I found myself re-watching scenes from The King Loves. Man, I still can't get over how beautifully done and executed that bittersweet ending was.

finally i found ur comment on OT.. and am so in same boat as you. cant let go TKIL and Rin.... just get this feel that Rin will remain at one corner of my heart forever and so will HJH. And to get more of HJH dose m watching all his movies ( lead or side character, already finished 2).
just as yoona mentioned in Vlive Rin was a character to make women fall in love... i guess HJH dint go wrong in portraying the role to make women fall in love with both Rin and HJH.

Happy Friday beanies!
I'm slowlw workng my way out of the k-drama slump I've been in. With some help from Doctor Who and Stranger Things I'm making my way back into watching something. Bad things: I now have no idea where to start.

Kdrama Todders style:

The Toddler shop: boy 4 (shopkeeper): "this is an special spade shop! Where everything is so expencie that we cannot buy anything!" (wonder where he's heard that one....)

Boy 3 upon seeing the new girl "so cuuuuuute!". Will say this everytime he sees her, and is starstruck everytime he sits beside her.

Girl 5: " you can hae hte green crayon if you want. But you ahe to gie me a kiss if you want the yellow one"

😆 so darling! I don't know how you can keep a straight face.

Sometimes are easy sometimes are hard :p And sometimes I do just turn my back t them so I can laugh without them seeing it :P

Like when one of the children told me "You can't be an adult. Because you don't have grey hair. And you are too silly for an adult." I asked what I was then if I wasn't an adult and got this answer "I don't know.. you are not a child cause you are to tall.. so you have to be... a book reader and music player!" xD

Oh my goodness. You play on and know your worth little Girl 5. You have to give me a kiss if you want the yellow one. Precious!

I'm currently on a Korean drama slump. The last K-drama I watched was Circle and that was eons ago, lol. I enjoyed School 2017 but college got in the way and I don't have any motivation to pick it up again *sighs*

On a side note: I finally finished 101 dramas with Kuzu no Honkai as my 100th drama. Wew, that was such a wild ride. I honestly don't know if the story is just complex or if it is just plain messed up (lmao) because it was too heavy for a high school drama.

The latest drama I watched was a Chinese drama, Novoland: The Castle in the Sky. I didn’t love it at the start. Yi Fu Ling, the female lead, was reckless and stupid while Feng Tian Yi, the male lead, was manipulative. It did get better though once the bickering of the leads lessened. It had a few good plot twists in the middle and then it was just messy after the Wingkind Emperor/Royal Uncle issue was solved. It felt like the writers got lazy and just threw anything they could think of: jealous leads, noble idiocy, miscommunications, misunderstandings, etc. I loved the concept though. Novoland was rich and grand. I just didn’t like the process to get to the end, lol.

I also watched six episodes of Live Up to Your Name, Dr. Heo. I'm really enjoying it so far. Hopefully, I'd finish this Korean drama this time OTL

Hi all, I've got an important test tomorrow but by brain tends to go weird right before my exam day & I have a mental breakdown where I just abandon my books & enjoy myself on the internet for some time. So....
I was watching clips of My Secret Romance on YouTube & whaddaya know I get recommendations of swoony kiss scenes from famous dramas. Next thing you know I'm binge watching Kiss scenes of k-dramas left right & center (sorted by popularity/views). From Goblin to Weightlifting Fairy to Healer to 1% of anything, I've left no kiss scene unturned, muaha ha ha haaaa
Gotta stop & get back to my studies though. -_- (TKL final recap come out soon....I'm refreshing db since forever....)

please excuse my greedy self for being a sucker for kiss scenes but I can't help it T.T
>.<

Pssssh. I love a kiss scene compilation. Two nights ago I watched compilations for: Doctor Crush (that Crane Kiss--PSH may finally be able to kiss in dramas, guys!), Bromance (and would you look at what I'm rewatching now. Their kiss compilation is like 18 minutes long!), ISWAK and something else--don't remember what,though. Kisses!

LOL sounds good, you cleared your mind before the test, good luck with it!

I absolutely am obsessed with good kiss scenes. But I know I wont be able to stop if I get started so I have forced myself to not look for videos on YouTube. It's bad enough I rewind kiss scenes in dramas I am watching over and over and over. I can only imagine what YouTube would do to me!

Who do you think are the best kissers? haha and dramas with the best kiss scenes?

Some of my favorite kissers are Ji Chang-Wook, Park Seo-Joon, Gong Yoo and Lee Jong-Suk.

-Some of my favorite kiss scenes is the first kiss from Flower Boy Ramen Shop.

-ALL the kiss scenes from Witch's Romance

-So many lovely kiss scenes in I Need Romance 3

-The kiss in Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim

I could keep going. Pretty much any drama with the 4 actors at the top as they make me need to fan myself when they are involved in a kiss scene.

Okay I haven't watched those, I need to go and watch them 😆😄

It's weekend, time for drama +ramen 🍜

I like your schedule Sunbae 👍, have a nice weekend 😃

Same goes to you. ❤

7 Day Queen : Why is this drama sooooo good!? It is so well written, acted, and directed. The characters are all excellently written and the actors are nailing their roles. Even Yeonsangun's character is incredibly interesting. He isn't just this evil king but he is this fascinating mix of vulnerability and anger and loneliness. Lee Dong-Gun is nailing the role. I also of course love Chae-Kyung and Yeok because you would have to be a monster to not love them. I still have 6 episodes to go, and even though I know heartbreak will be coming, I can't help but want these characters to love each other with all their might before the inevitable pain happens.

Lost Love In Times Really liking this Chinese drama. I am preferring this one over King's Woman. The costumes, sets and story are all beautiful. I love the fantasy element to this drama and the high stakes involved. The different princes stories are all interesting, not just the main characters.

My dad is so out of nowhere. Suddenly came to me and asked if I know of a local acupuncturist to help him relieve his shoulder pain. I almost said "May need to find Heo Im!". Gosh, the word "acupuncture" is so sensitive to me these days. Thanks to Live Up To Your Name and Kim Nam Gil.

Hello, everyone! It's been a while since I've been here on the OT. School's in full swing now but I've also more or less figured out a system and time management so I have MORE time for dramas than before. Crazy stuff.

I'm participating in my school's Global Mentorship Program, which basically means international and domestic students getting together every once in a while and having fun. I won't lie... I'm secretly hoping to find a K-drama fan in my group.

The only thing I'm watching at the moment is Age of Youth 2 which is AMAZING. I'm only on episode 6 but plan on being totally caught up this weekend. I'd been on a bit of a drama break these past few weeks and just kind of forgot how much I love a good drama. I'm serious when I say that having good dramas in my life makes me happier. Gosh, I love them so much.

I LOVE Age of youth 2! I have been rewatching each episode a few million times because I love it so much. I love, love, love the fact that Jo Eun has gotten closer to our girls and I love that the show focuses on Ji won more this season. I am so invested in Eun and Jang hoon's storyline. Today's episode must have been uploaded!

Hi Beanies!
Happy Friday to you all!
So---I want to thank everyone for sending me good vibes and checking up on me. These past few weeks have been tougher than I anticipated and I could literally feel myself slipping back into some old patterns from the days when my struggle with depression was a daily battle. I haven’t been in that places for years maybe 10+ of them. It’s a little scary how easy it was to just slide back into that place. So far away from family and friends it helped a lot to come here and interact with you all.
Things haven’t gotten any better—but I haven’t been doinganything to make things better. I spend a few hours a day applying for jobs and the rest of the day in a lump on my bed watching dramas and crying or something. But, this week I have been way more proactive and have been creeping out of my apartment and exploring my surroundings a bit more. This state is really beautiful! I’m not a hiker but I’m thinking of taking myself on a long walk before it gets cold. There are tons of really great parks around here! When I was a kid I used to play this game with this tree (weird) where I was Lois Lane and I was going to interview Freddy Krueger only to learn he was gasp my father. And I would spend the rest of my time at the park trying to save my father from himself and stop him from murdering anyone else. While I have no thoughts of recreating that game it would be nice to go out with a notebook and see if I can find that spark of creativity again. I used to love to write but these past few years have been so hectic that I’ve clean fallen away from it. Every year I sign up for Nanowrimo and give up by the third day because I don’t write anymore and that’s a lot of pressure for someone who doesn’t write anymore. So, I’m hoping little excursions like this one will give my writing muscle some time to train before November starts. Also, in a bid to stop thinking—and over thinking and over thinking and over thinking some more—this stressful situation I’m living in, I’m looking up ways to volunteer. I’ve told my local bishop and the women’s leader at church that I need to serve. One of my favorite quotes is when life is hard—forget yourself and go to work. I’m hoping to bring some of that philosophy into my life next week. This weekend I won’t be on very much because I’m spending the weekend with my new friend (weird. weird. weird.) I still can’t determine if she’s just like a really nice person or if she wants to stave off loneliness by hulling out my carcass, sewing me up, and using me as a scarecrow in her vegetable garden. I mean. It’s a really small garden so probably not that. At least. I know what its like to be lonely (even desperately so) so I’m trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Also, I have 1 million and 27 church things going on this weekend. I LOVE this time of the year when there is something churchy nearly every day. Forget yourself and go to work!
DRAMAS!!!...

(You could start here and save yourself my angst--I wouldn't blame you atall)
DRAMAS!!! You’re a saint if you read all that. You should treat yourself to a Melona bar.
The drama slump has hit me hard, yo. But, I think a huge part of it that I hadn’t even considered is with as gross as my life has been recently I really needed the comfort and familiarity of dramas that I already know that I love. So, I’ve been rewatching lots of Itazura na kiss remakes and adaptations and have just started Bromance I’m all caught up with SD but even though I genuinely enjoyed the first hour of Temperature of Love I haven’t been able to get myself to watch the second hour. Every time I move my remote to click play—I end up playing something else instead.
Beanies—y’all have a great weekend!

Ida, congratulations on all the steps you are taking to improve your situation, I'm impressed! I hope you will get the chance to take a walk, you may find that you will enjoy walking in pretty areas even after it gets cold. You go, girl!

hang in there and find one small joy every day at least, then it´s ok. really, what is this, korfan, me, you, so many people feeling anxious and stressed. is it full moon or something?

Oh you are a sweetheart isa! Things will get better! Pushing myself out to do some work always works for me too.. especially some form of volunteering- gives me some form of perspective..
and yes! pls do spend time with ur new friend (regardless of possibly murderous intentions) loneliness can really sucker punch u when ur already down.. !

Best of luck! Muuah :)

Two super bad actresses playign the same role- I am intrigued.. suzy and Go hara. Go hara for the win :)

VIP - LJS :D interesting!

Night Goblin :) .. this week was so slow with less variety shows. JH is super cute.. adorkable and so child like.. and then come sProduce.. and its 180 deg turn.. how manly and mature and patient

Kang Daniel... I am waitig for the day he turns 30..

And that EXO guy in outside the blanket.. is so arrogant.. seriously needs to come back to the planet