[Theme of the Month] In defense of…
Happy new year, everyone!
It’s a new month and a new year, and time for a new theme. And this time, we thought we’d give you the floor (so to speak) to defend a drama (or a performance, or a particular story or setup) that you think gets a bad rap.
Defend an unpopular opinion, drama, or actor and tell us why you love them.
Maybe it’s a show that doesn’t get enough credit. Maybe it’s a prevailing opinion that you’ve never agreed with. Or maybe you just want to show some love for a favorite oppa or noona who doesn’t get a lot of love. This is your opportunity to play defense attorney and argue on behalf of these overlooked or underappreciated people/plots/things!
- Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
- Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
- Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on January 25. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!
- [Theme of the Month] Tell us about your year in dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Write an alternate ending to a drama whose ending sucked
- [Theme of the Month] Escapism vs. Realism
- [Theme of the Month] Our relationship to music and dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Challenge! Revisit an old drama
- [Theme of the Month] How have your K-drama tastes changed over time?
- What’s your dramaland catnip? Tell us your stories!
Tags: Theme of the Month