[Theme of the Month] Drama-induced shopping
What item(s) were you persuaded to buy because of a K-drama?
I’m sure we’ve all been there — minding our own business, completely unaware of the desperate need in our lives to possess that newfangled gadget, odd-looking accessory, or random bauble, until it flashed onscreen in a scene, and suddenly it seemed like the best idea in the world to buy a $300 robot vacuum for your tiny 200-square-foot apartment and throw it birthday parties.
Or maybe that accessory seemed ugly to you until a drama character opened your eyes and made you see the beauty and suddenly you had to have one in every color. Or perhaps you hadn’t realized you could use an object for a purpose other than the obvious one– until a drama character showed you how buying expensive ski goggles is totally the right way to peel garlic.
Has a drama ever made you buy something you otherwise wouldn’t have? What is it, do you regret it, and would you buy it again?
- Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
- Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
- Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on April 26. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!
- [Theme of the Month] Best friends forever
- [Theme of the Month] One True Pairings
- [Theme of the Month] In defense of…
- [Theme of the Month] Tell us about your year in dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Write an alternate ending to a drama whose ending sucked
- [Theme of the Month] Escapism vs. Realism
- [Theme of the Month] Our relationship to music and dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Challenge! Revisit an old drama
- [Theme of the Month] How have your K-drama tastes changed over time?
- What’s your dramaland catnip? Tell us your stories!
Tags: Theme of the Month