[Theme of the Month] Dramas and food
Dramas. Food. Marathons. Binges. They just go together, no matter our best efforts to be reasonable and exhibit a little bit of restraint. I know I’m hardly the only one who’s seen a drama character eating with gusto and felt the immediate need to pause my screen, find food, and join her in her binge.
In my mind, bibimbap should be eaten Kim Sam-soon style, mixed up and eaten straight out of an oversized bowl, filling your belly and soothing your bruised heart. Beer is more appealing out of a can while I’m watching a drama — but never when I’m not. And ramyun somehow tastes better eaten off a pot’s lid. So:
How have dramas shaped, changed, or influenced your relationship to food?
- Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
- Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
- Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on May 26. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!
- [Theme of the Month] Drama-induced shopping
- [Theme of the Month] Best friends forever
- [Theme of the Month] One True Pairings
- [Theme of the Month] In defense of…
- [Theme of the Month] Tell us about your year in dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Write an alternate ending to a drama whose ending sucked
- [Theme of the Month] Escapism vs. Realism
- [Theme of the Month] Our relationship to music and dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Challenge! Revisit an old drama
- [Theme of the Month] How have your K-drama tastes changed over time?
- What’s your dramaland catnip? Tell us your stories!
Tags: Theme of the Month