Bright lights and whimsy in Familiar Wife’s first poster
The first poster is out for Familiar Wife, the upcoming tvN drama starring Ji Sung (Defendant) and Han Ji-min (Mistress), giving us a taste of the show’s bright and romantic feel. I’ve got my eye on this series because of the producers at the helm — writer Yang Hee-seung of bubbly rom-coms Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju, Oh My Ghostess, and High School King of Savvy, along with PD Lee Sang-yub of Shopping King Louis — because their resumes suggest bright and feel-good romance, which I am always in the mood for.
Familiar Wife is touting itself as a “what if romance” between the leads; the copy on the poster reads, “The only ‘if’ of my lifetime.” Ji Sung plays an ordinary salaryman who’s been married to Han Ji-min for five years, and he’s able travel back and forth between the past and the present. At one point, a choice he makes in the past brings about a very different present, and the show builds on the idea of what-if as the story unfolds.
Below are pictures from the production’s script reading, which took place last month. In attendance were series leads Ji Sung and Han Ji-min, as well as supporting leads Jang Seung-jo (Money Flower) playing Ji Sung’s co-worker and friend, while Kang Hanna (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo) will probably complicate matters as our hero’s first love. Vixx’s N (Tunnel) plays to his strengths as an oddball sort, although this time he’s an oddball with the topmost schooling and specs. Park Hee-bon (Just Between Lovers) plays Ji Sung’s younger sister, while Park Won-sang (Switch) keeps things tough and results-oriented. There are quite a few supporting players who are playing office colleagues, so I’m expecting some workplace hilarity a la High School King of Savvy.
Familiar Wife is set to follow What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim as tvN’s next Wednesday-Thursday drama beginning in August.
- Ji Sung, Han Ji-min team up with Weightlifting Fairy writer for tvN
- Two Cops courts Han Ji-min to be Jo Jung-seok’s leading lady
- Ji Sung, Jo Seung-woo courted for final Face Reader trilogy movie
- Han Ji-min considers Beware This Woman, Ji Chang-wook confirms
- Defendant: Episode 1
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju: Episode 1
- Han Ji-min considers film Miss Baek as comeback project
- Han Ji-min to cameo as Jo Jung-seok’s blind date in Jealousy Incarnate
- Ji Sung considers SBS prison break thriller Defendant