Go Hyun-jung considers facing Park Shin-yang in Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2
The last time we saw Go Hyun-jung (Dear My Friends), she was bowing out of SBS’s legal crime drama Return after the revelation of heavy strife on the production set. It looks like she may make her glorious comeback with another legal drama, Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2. Actor Park Shin-yang confirmed long ago that he’d be reprising his role as the titular lawyer for this highly anticipated second season. And these two actors are both powerhouses who know how to command a screen, so I’m eagerly looking forward to watching them together.
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho is a drama series based on a manhwa that depicts an eccentric lawyer and how he fights to protect the weak and innocent from the powerful. The first season was about how the main character, who had been a rising star prosecutor, adjusted to going from hero to zero when he blew the whistle on the corruption within the prosecutorial department. The airing of its first episode in May 2016 recorded a 10 percent rating, and the ratings rose to 17.3 percent at its peak (almost a miracle in today’s drama-watching environment for a weekday miniseries). It’s no wonder why KBS tried to extend the drama sooo many times.
At this point, it looks like both Go Hyun-jung’s side and the Neighborhood Lawyer team are cautiously proceeding with negotiations because of the past scandal. But it’d be pretty awesome if Go confirmed, especially because her character is supposed to be the main antagonist. I’m already imagining a modern Mishil dominating a scrappy underdog Jo Deul-ho, and the chemistry would be off the charts.
In the meantime, you can get a glimpse of Go Hyun-jung at the 23rd Busan International Film Festival, where she’ll be a judge for newcomer actor awards.
- Season 2 plans underway for KBS’s Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho
- Park Shin-yang to come back for Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2
- Go Hyun-jung leaves Return amid on-set strife
- One high society murder and four suspects in SBS’s Return
- Go Hyun-jung looks to make her drama return with SBS’s Return
- Song Hye-gyo, Go Hyun-jung up for occupation-era film about comfort women
- Sequel to blockbuster K-drama classic Sandglass in the works
- Dear My Friends: Episode 1