Boyfriend sets premiere date and releases first stills of Song Hye-gyo
Boyfriend has set its premiere date for November 28th. It will be taking over the primetime Wednesday-Thursday time slot on tvN from Hundred Million Stars From the Sky.
Photos from the first script read were released recently, and hot on the heels of those photos are the first stills of Song Hye-gyo (Descended From the Sun) in character as Cha Soo-hyun.
Cha Soo-hyun is a hotel CEO, the daughter of a politician, and the ex-wife of a chaebol. Though she’s led a privileged life, she’s never been able to live life on her own terms. Park Bo-gum (Moonlight Drawn By Clouds) is the one who busts open her gilded cage when they meet by chance and fall in love. Park Bo-gum’s character Kim Jin-hyuk is described as a free-spirited, sweet young man who’s had a happy and normal upbringing.
Boyfriend will be directed by Park Shin-woo (Jealousy Incarnate, Angel Eyes) and penned by Yoo Young-ah. Yoo has written a string of great movies, including My Annoying Brother and Miracle in Cell No. 7, but she only has two drama credits to her name, Entertainer and Pretty Man. Both of those dramas left me slightly disappointed, so I hope she can bring some of her movie-writing mojo to this drama.
Boyfriend marks the end of a two-year hiatus from acting for both Song Hye-gyo and Park Bo-gum.
- Park Bo-gum, Song Hye-gyo in first script read for Boyfriend
- Song Hye-gyo, Park Bo-gum’s potential noona romance Boyfriend headed for tvN
- Park Bo-gum bows out of Hong sisters fantasy rom-com Hwayugi
- Song Hye-gyo, Go Hyun-jung up for occupation-era film about comfort women
- Moonlight Drawn By Clouds: Episode 1
- Descended From the Sun: Episode 1
- First script read for blockbuster melodrama Descended From the Sun
- Song Hye-gyo to romance Song Joong-ki for Descended From the Sun?