Lee Jong-seok and Shin Hye-sun to star in SBS drama special In Praise of Death
It looks like Lee Jong-seok (While You Were Sleeping, W–Two Worlds) is planning to stay busy before he goes off to the army! Lee and Shin Hye-sun (Thirty But Seventeen, My Golden Life) have been confirmed as the leads for the drama special In Praise of Death.
The story will be a dramatization of the real life and tragic love story of Yoon Shim-deok (played by Shin Hye-sun) and her lover Kim Woo-jin (played by Lee Jong-seok). Yoon was Korea’s first soprano and her story is well-known in Korea, but the very little attention had been paid to Kim Woo-jin before now. The drama will examine both figures and their relationship as Kim was said to have been both friend and lover to Yoon.
The drama title was take from a song of Yoon’s by the same name. The song “In Praise of Death” was released in August, 1926 — the same month she committed suicide. Following her death, the song became a huge hit.
Originally slated to have just two episodes, a third episode was added to the production’s run. I will definitely be tuning in and I’ll make sure to have plenty of tissues handy. In Praise of Death will follow Fox Bride Star and air on November 27th
- Lee Jong-seok, Lee Na-young up for tvN noona romance
- Lee Jong-seok considers tvN romance with Good Wife, Life on Mars PD
- While You Were Sleeping: Episodes 1-2
- W–Two Worlds: Episode 1
- Thirty But Seventeen: Episodes 1-2
- Shin Hye-sun and Yang Se-jong meet as Thirty But Seventeen in new rom-com
- Yang Se-jong, Shin Hye-sun offered new drama Thirty But Seventeen
- KBS weekender My Golden Life gears up for premiere