Kang Haneul is back and signed up for post-military comeback drama
Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo) completed his military service and was discharged from the army on May 23. An uneventful army discharge is always a happy occasion but I’m extra excited because he’s already confirmed his comeback project, KBS rom-com When Camellia Blooms.
This will be Kang Haneul’s first-ever leading role in a rom-com and he’ll be starring alongside Gong Hyo-jin (Hit-and-Run Squad). The drama will follow Gong Hyo-jin’s romantic relationships with three men: a good man, a bad man, and a petty man.
The cast looks amazing; the other confirmed actors so far are Kim Ji-suk (Top Star Yoo Baek), Sohn Dam-bi (Witch’s Court), and Go Du-shim (Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter). Go will play Kang Haneul’s mother and she’s described as the OG girl crush, and she’s worked hard to provide for her son.
Im Sang-choon (Fight My Way) and PD Cha Young-hoon (Are You Human Too) are attached to write and direct respectively. Though they’re still working on rounding out the cast, the drama is being scheduled to premiere this September on KBS.
- Gong Hyo-jin considers becoming single mom for KBS rom-com-thriller
- A brother without memories in Kang Haneul’s new film Forgotten
- Hot-blooded police hopefuls Park Seo-joon and Kang Ha-neul in Midnight Runner
- Kang Haneul backs out of Bad Guys spinoff
- Kang Haneul, Park Joong-hoon may become the next Bad Guys
- Kang Haneul offered lead in Pinocchio PD’s new rom-com
- Lawyer Jung Woo defends prisoner Kang Haneul in Retrial
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 1