Jaejoong considers offer to lead Korean remake of Jane the Virgin
JYJ’s Jaejoong (Manhole) is currently considering an offer for a lead role in the Korean remake of the telenovela-style show, Jane the Virgin. The show premiered in 2014 and has been nominated for several awards including the Peabody, and it is currently on its fifth and final season.
The premise is about a girl whose grandmother warned her never to get pregnant out of wedlock. As a result, she protects her virginity like her life depends on it. One day, due to an accident at the doctor’s office, she becomes artificially inseminated and pregnant.
If Jaejoong confirms, it will be his first comeback in two years as his last project was in the 2017 drama Manhole. The character he has been offered is the general manager and heir to a hotel. Although he has a handsome face, he’s a stereotypical bad boy—currently married but planning to be divorced and single again. He’s also struggled in the past as he once had stomach cancer but fortunately he overcame the illness.
Writer Jang Ah-mi is working with production company Group Eight to have the drama air on Channel A by December of this year.
- Manhole: Episode 1
- Jaejoong goes back to high school for Manhole
- Manhole gang’s funky new character posters
- Manhole goes retro for the ultimate beach holiday
- UEE and Jaejoong cozy up under the sun in new Manhole stills
- Jaejoong considers army comeback in mini-drama Invisible Man
- Oh Snap! Jaejoong, Choi Jin-hyuk, Sungmin off to army
- Spy: Episode 1