Kwon Nara confirmed for Itaewon Class with Park Seo-joon
Former Hello Venus member, Kwon Nara (Doctor Prisoner) has confirmed she will be joining Park Seo-joon (What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim) in new JTBC drama Itaewon Class. Actors Kim Da-mi (Witch) and Yoo Jae-myung (My Fellow Citizens) will also be part of the cast.
The drama is based on a popular webtoon by the same name, and is about a spirited and hard-nosed group of young adults who band together in revolt against the unjust world. On a small street in the colorful neighborhood of Itaewon, where there seems to be a compact version of the world, the characters each chase their own versions of what freedom means and set the foundations for a legendary new world.
Park Seo-joon plays the central hero of the story, Park Se-ro. And Kwon Nara takes the role of Park’s first love, Oh Soo-ah. In the present, their relationship is more tense as she works for a rival business. However, she has enjoyed a successful career, and she is described as being frank, capable, and confident.
I’m intrigued by the story and I’m excited to see how the drama adapts the source material — especially since there are some very capable hands in the production team. Park Seo-joon is always a plus as well!
JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama Itaewon Class will be directed by PD Kim Sung-yoon (Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, Discovery of Romance). And the script will be written by the original writer and illustrator of the webtoon, Jo Kwang-jin.
Via Hankuk Kyungje
- Park Seo-joon to start a stylish food rebellion in JTBC’s Itaewon Class
- Namgoong Min and Kim Byung-chul go head-to-head in new promo for Doctor Prisoner
- Yoon Shi-yoon holds the scales of justice in SBS’s Your Honor
- My Ajusshi: Episode 1
- Park Min-young considers romancing Park Seo-joon in tvN’s Why Secretary Kim
- Hot-blooded police hopefuls Park Seo-joon and Kang Ha-neul in Midnight Runner
- Subway misunderstandings and drunken frustrations in Suspicious Partner