Casting underway for new KBS drama 9.9 Billion Won Woman
Lee Ji-hoon, Jung Woong-in
Jung Woong-in (Chief of Staff) and Lee Ji-hoon (Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung) have confirmed that they will be joining Jo Yeo-jung (A Beautiful World) and Kim Kang-woo (Item) in KBS’s upcoming drama, 9.9 Billion Won Woman. The story is about a woman who suddenly gains 9.9 billion won (about $9 million) in cash, and her fight against the world as she tries to live her life.
Jung Woong-in will play a man named Hong In-pyo, who suffers from a victim mentality wherein he believes he hasn’t been given the opportunity to spread his wings because of the unfairness of life and innate classism of society. Every time his inferiority complex kicks in, he takes it out on his wife, who is the main character played by Jo Yeo-jung. Meanwhile, Kim Kang-woo plays the role of a former detective who tries to uncover the truth of a tragedy in his life.
Lee Ji-hoon is set to play the husband of Oh Na-ra’s (SKY Castle) character. He’s the director of operations at the Woonam Foundation, and a doting husband in public. However, his true nature is that of a playboy who’s constantly eyeing up other women.
Wednesday-Thursday KBS drama 9.9 Billion Won Woman, written by Han Ji-hoon (Night Light, Last) and directed by Kim Young-jo (Hwarang, Oh My Geum-bi), will begin airing in November.
Jo Yeo-jung, Kim Kang-woo
- JTBC’s Chief of Staff shows us those who will change the world in new teaser
- Character posters for the movers and shakers in JTBC’s Chief of Staff
- [Extras] Behind the scenes with Jo Boa and scary dad Jung Woong-in in Goodbye to Goodbye
- Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung: Episodes 1-4 (Review)
- A lonely prince writes romantic novels in Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung
- Gogh’s Starry Night gets weekend timeslot on SBS
- Joo Ji-hoon faces off against Kim Kang-woo in sci-fi thriller Item
- [Ask an Actor] Jo Yeo-jung