Joseon gender-swap drama Tale of Nokdu releases new teaser
I’m green with envy that Jang Dong-yoon (Dance Sports Girls) can transform into such a pretty girl. In the latest teaser for Tale of Nokdu, Jang Dong-yoon is shown in his widow disguise, and I’m living for it! This upcoming Joseon rom-com drama is a romance between a prickly gisaeng-to-be, played by Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm), and the man-disguised-as-a-widow, played by Jang Dong-yoon.
They meet in a mysterious widow village, with Kim So-hyun rebelling against the expectations that she become a gisaeng. Both Kim So-hyun and Jang Dong-yoon harbor their own respective secrets.
The teaser shows Jang Dong-yoon going through various trials, from doing a fan dance to his neck being at a sword’s edge. Interspersed between the various scenes, the copy reads, “On September 30, Nokdu is coming.”
Stills of Kim So-hyun’s character has also been released. She is supposed to be a refreshing character who says what’s on her mind and can’t stand to see injustice happen. Despite the gisaeng career path having been chosen for her, she is a tone-deaf, arrhythmic young woman who can’t dance. But she’s amazing with her hands and can make anything in a heartbeat, given the right tools. She’s even given the nickname “Golden Hands” in the widow village.
Upcoming KBS Monday-Tuesday drama Tale of Nokdu will begin airing on September 30.
- Script reading for Joseon dynasty rom-com drama Tale of Nokdu
- Kim So-hyun cast as gisaeng-in-training for KBS sageuk rom-com
- Dance Sports Girls: Episodes 1-2
- Dance Sports Girls casts Park Se-wan, Jang Dong-yoon
- Love triangles, love rivals, and Love Alarm in Netflix youth drama
- First look at Kim So-hyun, Song Kang, Jung Ga-ram in youth romance Love Alarm