Kim Soo-hyun considering drama comeback in tvN fantasy romance
Since completing his army service this past July, one of the dramas that Kim Soo-hyun (The Producers) has been considering is tvN’s Psycho, but That’s Okay. Nothing has been officially confirmed, but according to a source at tvN, Kim’s casting is pretty much a done deal.
The part that has been offered to the actor is Moon Kang-tae. Good-looking, smart and capable, the character works as a psychiatric ward caregiver and lives with an older brother who has autistic symptoms. The story sets off when Kim meets a children’s book writer suffering from antisocial personality disorder and the two develop a connection. As they learn to embrace each other’s challenges with love, they heal and grow from past emotional scars, and rediscover their own souls and identities in the process.
Aside from a cameo appearance in tvN’s Hotel del Luna, this will be Kim Soo-hyun’s first project after his army discharge and his first drama since KBS’s The Producers in 2015.
tvN drama Psycho, but That’s Okay is currently being planned for next year, and PD Park Shin-woo (Boyfriend, Jealousy Incarnate) is attached to direct, with writer Jo Yong (Jugglers) to pen the scripts.
- Kim Soo-hyun fights to become the Real in action noir film
- The Producers: Episode 1
- Smiles and scowls at press conference for The Producers
- Kim Soo-hyun eyes new drama role in Dr Frankenstein
- Oh Snap! Happy birthday, Do Min-joon
- Kim Soo-hyun embarks on eight-city Asian tour
- Superpower meets superstar in You From Another Star
- Movie Review: Covertly, Grandly