Park Seo-joon signs on for new sports comedy film, Dream
Park Seo-joon has confirmed he’ll be working with director Lee Byung-heon on his next project, Dream (working title). The film is currently in pre-production with filming scheduled to begin in 2020 and it’s the first time the two have worked together.
Park Seo-joon will play Yoon Hong-dae, a soccer player who faces disciplinary action after getting caught up in some sort of incident. As part of his punishment, he’s charged with shaping a group of total soccer newbies into a team–for the Homeless World Cup. The players who join the new national team are all homeless, and they’re so inexperienced that most have never even kicked a soccer ball before. As Park Seo-joon whips them into shape, he learns and grows as a person while they chase victory.
Ever since I finished Be Melodramatic, I’ve been looking forward to seeing what PD Lee Byung-heon’s next project would be. Though I’m a little leery of a comedic depiction of homeless people, I’m going to give Lee PD the benefit of the doubt. Seeing how beautifully and sensitively he handled difficult issues in Be Melo gives me hope that we’ll get something both nuanced and funny in Dream.
While we wait for the film to be released, we’ll be able to catch Park Seo-joon on the small screen early next year as his drama Itaewon Class is set to air at the start of 2020.
Via Sports Seoul
- Kwon Nara confirmed for Itaewon Class with Park Seo-joon
- Park Seo-joon to start a stylish food rebellion in JTBC’s Itaewon Class
- What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 1
- Park Min-young considers romancing Park Seo-joon in tvN’s Why Secretary Kim
- Hot-blooded police hopefuls Park Seo-joon and Kang Ha-neul in Midnight Runner
- Fight My Way: Episode 1
- Life is rosy for the youths of Fight My Way
- Hwarang: Episode 1
Tags: Park Seo-joon