Ji Chang-wook, Kim Yoo-jung engage in boss-employee romance in Convenience Store Saet-byul
A cute romance begins in the U.S.-based Lifetime channel’s first K-drama investment, Convenience Store Saet-byul. It’s a drama based on a serial webtoon that has reached over 40 million subscribers. Ji Chang-wook (Melting Me Softly) is set to play the manager of a convenience store, and Kim Yoo-jung (Clean With Passion for Now) is set to play his part-time worker.
Ji Chang wook’s character may be handsome, but he’s actually quite clueless at times. He used to work for a large corporation, but he quit his job in order to set up his own convenience store as his dreams collided with reality. He will be a character that is highly relatable to youths these days, who are struggling with employment and other similar worries.
The female lead, played by Kim Yoo-jung, is a spacey oddball character who has a rebellious past but still retains an innocent mindset. She comes to Ji Chang-wook’s store as the night shift worker, determined to put her past behind her and to lead a life that stays true to values like maintaining social justice.
With this recent casting news, Convenience Store Saet-byul, directed by Fiery Priest’s PD Lee Myung-woo, will go into filming soon, and is expected to air sometime in the fall of 2020.
- Melting Me Softly: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread
- Temperatures are heating up for Ji Chang-wook, Won Jin-ah in tvN’s Melting Me Softly
- Ji Chang-wook and Won Jin-ah thaw up in teasers for sci-fi romance drama Melt Me
- [Pictorial] Behind the scenes of Kim Yoo-jung’s Laneige photoshoot
- [Ask an Actor] Kim Yoo-jung on characters, shooting locations, and her favorite K-drama
- Clean With Passion for Now: Episode 1