Song Seung-heon turns into a food psychologist in MBC’s Will You Have Dinner With Me
It has been announced that Song Seung-heon (The Great Show) will be starring in MBC’s upcoming Will You Have Dinner With Me. The drama centers around overcoming the scars of breakups. Due in part to Korea’s “solo” culture (a trend where single people do everything alone), the two protagonists found that that their feelings had atrophied, but love slowly grows between them as they share meals together.
Song Seung-heon will be playing the part of an expert food psychologist who helps people with food-related therapy. During therapy sessions, he has a gentle manner, but when it comes to rating food, his criticisms can be venomous.
Based on a popular webtoon by the same name, Will You Have Dinner With Me will be produced by Victory Contents, written by Kim Joo, and directed by PD Go Jae-hyun who has worked with Song Seung-heon previously in Player and Black. Fiery Priest’s Park Jae-bum has also joined the team as a creator.
There were several times when rumors of this webtoon getting a drama adaptation were bandied about. In 2015, Shin Mina was offered the part of the leading lady, but two years went by, and in 2017, Park Bo-young was offered the role same role. Then, there was no news about the project for a while, but hopefully 2020 will be a lucky year for this project.
Monday-Tuesday MBC drama Will You Have Dinner With Me is scheduled to air starting this May.
- The Great Show: Episodes 1-2 (Series review)
- Family of five scams the nation in The Great Show
- A politician out of a job in tvN’s The Great Show
- Song Seung-heon, Im Joo-hwan, and Lee Sun-bin to star in new tvN comedy
- Song Seung-heon preps for The Great Show with Im Joo-hwan, Lee Sun-bin
- Shin Mina considers new SBS drama about single life
- Park Bo-young offered webtoon adaptation Will You Have Dinner With Me