First look at 1980s Jang Ki-yong in KBS melodrama Born Again
New stills have been released for KBS’s upcoming mystery melodrama Born Again, featuring one of its leads, Jang Ki-yong (Search Query: WWW).
The drama is about three people who continue to be drawn together by fate–even when reincarnated in new lives. Starring alongside Jang Ki-yong are Jin Se-yeon (Queen: Love and War, Item) and Lee Soo-hyuk (The Man Living in our House)
Within this story, Jang Ki-yong plays the character of Gong Ji-chul in the 1980s and Jeon Jong-beom in the present day. The newly released photos are from the ’80s, so we’re getting a look at his past reincarnation. There’s a scar under his left eye and he looks like he’s seen better days. But his appearance aligns with his “lone wolf” character who struggles to live a life that is independent from his evil father.
I’m not sure how I feel about this plot, but I am super glad to see Lee Soo-hyuk back in a drama. Although, it’s a shame there aren’t any stills of him yet, we did at least get to see Jang Ki-yong in all his retro glory. Hopefully we’ll get to see photos of the rest of the cast soon!
Directed by PD Jin Hyung-wook and written by Jung Soo-mi, Born Again is currently set to premiere in April and will be airing Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS.
- Reincarnation melodrama Born Again holds first script read
- Jang Ki-yong, Lee Soo-hyuk confirmed for retro reincarnation melodrama Born Again
- Jang Ki-yong ruffles Im Soo-jung’s feathers in tvN’s Search Query: WWW
- [Actor Spotlight] Jang Ki-yong
- Jang Ki-yong, Nana face-off at gunpoint in new teaser for OCN’s Kill It
- Come Here and Hug Me: Episodes 1-16