Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo confirmed for new Netflix drama Squid Game
Park Hae-soo, Lee Jung-jae
The drama Squid Game has recently cast Lee Jung-jae (Chief of Staff) and Park Hae-soo (Smart Prison Living) as its two leads. The title Squid Game refers to a traditional children’s game of tag involving an offense team, a defense team, and boundaries drawn in the shape of a squid. The story of the drama is centered around a mysterious winner-takes-all survival game with the ultimate prize of 45.6 billion won. It will be interesting to see how the survival game relates to the original children’s game.
Lee Jung-jae plays an ordinary company employee whose life hits rock bottom when restructuring at his company edges him out. When he hears about this secretive survival game and the astronomical prize-winning money, he jumps onboard.
Meanwhile, Park Hae-soo plays a neighborhood dongsaeng who grew up with Lee Jung-jae. Through his efforts alone, he rose above his impoverished background to graduate from Seoul National University. However, he’s caught embezzling company funds, and his livelihood becomes endangered. As a result, he also decides to join the survival game.
Netflix drama Squid Game, directed and written by Hwang Dong-hyuk (Miss Granny), will be released sometime later this year.
Via MK Sports
- Park Hae-soo, Lee Hee-joon, Soo-hyun confirmed for latest project from The Moon That Embraces the Sun PD
- Netflix reveals IU’s four Personas in short-film anthology
- Smart Prison Living: Episode 1
- Chief of Staff: Episode 1
- Lee Jung-jae gets egg-spattered for Chief of Staff
- Lee Elijah, Kim Dong-joon join Lee Jung-jae, Shin Mina in JTBC’s Aide