Bae Doo-na courted for a possible Jung Woo-sung and Netflix drama collaboration
An offer has been made to Bae Doo-na (Kingdom) to star in a new sci-fi drama on Netflix called Sea of Tranquility, with her agency confirming that she’s considering the roles favorably. Jung Woo-sung (Summit: Steel Rain, Padam Padam) is said to be considering producing the series.
The story will be based on a short film by the same title, which gained acclaim at the 2014 Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival in South Korea.
Taking place in the distant future, the drama presents an Earth that has been torn apart by climate change. With desertification spreading across the globe, humankind has become endangered due to food and water shortages. In an effort to help save the earth, a special team is put together to travel to the moon. They’re tasked with finding an abandoned space station and bringing back a mysterious sample from its research labs.
The director of the original short film, Choi Hang-yong, will be taking the reins for the drama version as well. Script writing will be done by screenwriter Park Eun-gyo, who won best screenplay at the Korean Association of Film Critics Awards for the 2009 film Mother. If Jung Woo-sung joins the project as a producer, this will be the second film he’s produced. He starred in the first film he produced, the 2016 film, Don’t Forget Me.
- Kingdom 2: Series Review, part 1
- Three Meals a Day: Mountain Village: Episode 1
- Netflix’s Kingdom brings terrifying zombies and corrupt palace decadence
- Character posters for Matrimonial Chaos with Cha Tae-hyun, Bae Doo-na
- Jo Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na search for truth in the Forest of Secrets
- Jung Woo-sung up to join Kang Dong-won’s sci-fi thriller Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
- Jung Woo-sung is up to no good in Asura