Ji Jin-hee, Lee Mi-yeon courted for a new JTBC legal thriller drama
Upcoming drama Undercover, based on a 2016 BBC show by the same name, has announced its top candidates for lead actors. Ji Jin-hee (Designated Survivor: 60 Days) and Lee Mi-yeon (Answer 1988) have both confirmed that they have received the script and are reviewing it favorably, although nothing is set in stone.
In the original BBC Show, a criminal justice lawyer begins to doubt and suspect her cop husband when her personal life undergoes scrutiny for a highly coveted new position as Director of Public Prosecutions. As more and more evidence comes to light, his past comes back to haunt them both.
There’s quite a bit of interest regarding Lee Mi-yeon’s possible comeback because aside from her special appearance in Answer Me 1988 in 2015, her last real drama was ten years ago in Merchant Kim Man-deok. Despite their similar ages, debut periods, and timeline to rise in popularity, it looks like Lee Mi-yeon and Ji Jin-hee have not collaborated on a significant project together so it’ll be interesting to see if they pair up this time.
Currently, there’s no information regarding a possible air date for Undercover, but it will tentatively be broadcast on JTBC.
- Stills of Ji Jin-hee’s friends and (maybe) foe in Designated Survivor
- Ji Jin-hee is sworn in as president in Designated Survivor: 60 Days
- The players line up on the chess board in tvN’s Designated Survivor: 60 Days
- Yoo Ah-in, Choi Ji-woo, Lee Mi-yeon in star-studded rom-com Like Me
- Movie Review: Harmonium in My Memory (1999)
- Lee Beom-soo and Song Seung-heon courted for drama reunion