Rookie Nam Yoon-soo to join Eom Ji-won, Park Ha-sun, Jang Hye-jin in new tvN drama
Eom Ji-won, Nam Yoon-soo, Park Ha-sun, Jang Hye-jin
A new Monday-Tuesday drama has been lined up on tvN, called Postpartum Care Center, and casting has now been confirmed for actor Nam Yoon-soo (Extracurricular). He’ll be joining his sunbaes, Eom Ji-won (The Cursed), Park Ha-sun (Weekday Afternoon Lovers), and Jang Hye-jin (How to Buy a Friend, Crash Landing on You) confirmed that they were signing on in leading roles last week.
The drama stars Eom Ji-won as Oh Hyun-jin. Enjoying considerable success in her career, she becomes one of the youngest to be selected as an executive board member at her company. While balancing work and life, she becomes a mother relatively late in life.
Being an older mom meant getting through pregnancy and childbirth was no small challenge, but adapting to life after childbirth is a struggle as well. The story then follows Eom and the other women at a postpartum care center as they share their burdens, find comfort among their peers, and learn to grow.
Park Ha-sun plays a fellow mother and queen bee at the postpartum care center, Jo Eun-jung. Jang Hye-jin has signed on to play Choi Hye-sook, the head director at the postpartum care center.
Nam Yoon-soo takes on the role of a deliveryman named Ha Kyung-hoon. Friendly and courteous, he’s well-known among the center’s residents for his smile and has a happy-go-lucky personality. (Sounds like a complete 180-turn from his Extracurricular role.)
Directing for the drama is PD Park Su-won and scripts will be penned by a team of writers: Kim Ji-woo, Choi Yoon-hee, and Yoon Soo-min.
tvN’s Postpartum Care Center is currently being planned to air 8 episodes and will broadcast towards the end of 2020.
- Extracurricular: Series Review, part 1
- Sneak peek at teen crime quartet in Netflix drama Extracurricular
- How to Buy a Friend: Episodes 1-2
- Crash Landing on You: Episode 1
- Sung Dong-il, Eom Ji-won offered tvN occult-thriller penned by Train to Busan director
- Stuck in a maze with no escape for Park Ha-sun in Channel A melo
- Lee Jong-hyuk, Lee Yuri, Eom Ji-won confirmed for new MBC drama
- Raise a glass (or eight) to Drinking Solo’s drink enthusiasts