Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

stroopwafel

Soul Repairer: Jung So-min is so good in her role here, and she broke my heart at the end of the premiere episode…but she was just about the only part of the show I liked without qualification. The patients and doctors we were introduced to were interesting, but Shin Ha-kyun’s “unconventional” approach to treatment was terrible and wildly inappropriate. He seems less like a doctor and more like a random man who’s watched too much Dr. Phil. It was all so over the top that the show kept un-suspending my suspended disbelief. It was distracting and the opposite of what I want in a drama.

Village Survival, the Eight: This is so weird and I love it. Well, the show itself isn’t weird, it’s more the cast that is weird and goofy. The premise itself is straightforward: Yoo Jae-suk plays the head of a “village” and cast members have to win games in order to amass clues that will lead them to a cash prize. It turns out that having an old hand host and adding in a cast with various levels of variety experience equals hilarity. I started watching for Sohn Dam-bi (thank you to the Beanie who recommended this show!) but I found other favorites, mainly Im Soo-hyang and Kang Ki-young. Kang Ki-young is a weird, dorky, and bawdy variety treasure. Now on to season 2!

missvictrix

Currently weecapping: Rugal, A Couple’s World, When My Love Blooms

Oh My Baby: I caught the premiere episode this week out of curiosity around the plot, and solidarity for Jang Nara. How is she always 10/10 for every performance? She’s great here, and even though the drama is goofier than I thought, it also leaves room for some deeper and heavier emotional moments too — like that feeling of lack, or not having gotten where you expected to be in life. Jang Nara is magic at conveying these things, and it hurt a little more than I expected it to. That being said, I don’t doubt for a second that this drama won’t end with her head over heels in love and pregnant (but I’d love to eat my hat if I’m wrong!). It’s the “perfect” ending for a heroine/drama like this, yes, but it does leave those of us who live in real life a little let down. Which brings me to the part of rom-coms that I really don’t enjoy, or find too mentally healthy sometimes, but that’s a chat for another day.

quirkycase

Currently recapping: The King: Eternal Monarch

Good Casting: I wasn’t so sure about the romances in the beginning, but I’m sort of okay with them so far. Plus, that red backpack song keeps getting stuck in my head. I just don’t want them taking over and superseding our trio’s female bonding. We’ve got plenty of romance-y dramas but relatively few female-centric dramas, especially that include women who are older than 30. Right now, our agents are mostly working apart, doing their own things, but I’m rooting for more joint shenanigans and bonding action as we go.

Tags: , , ,

Hospital Playlist (Episode 10)
I totally adore this show but reading comments about it dampened my mood this week: I saw one deriding Chi Hong as creepy for making advances towards Song Hwa. Let’s be real: the only physical contact they had was him plucking her hair off her jacket, furthermore, the restaurant and hospital meals were all interactions initiated by her. I’m glad there’s no love line between Seok Hyung and Song Hwa, since I can only imagine the vile comments for Min Ha who confessed respectfully too. Honestly, if not for all the shipping wars, this show would be perfect. Let’s hope it will remain that way.

Oh My Baby (Episode 1-2)
As much as I like the female lead, the three male leads are not to my liking. One is self-pretentious and abrasive, one is a lazy bum and a leech while the last one is excessively naive to the point it’s clearly a caricature. On the other hand, I did enjoy how the show portrayed some characters: the coworkers appeared gossipy but were actually also concerned for Ha Ri while the mother seemed overbearing and pushy with her but also acknowledged her struggles. Then again, I hated the ob-gyn doctor and how she rudely talked to Ha Ri: where is Seok Hyung when you need his empathic words?

When My Love Blooms (Episode 5-6)
A disclaimer caught my attention: ‘Some topics were exaggerated for dramatic effect.’ The introduction already shows us so many tropes in the present timeline so I was hoping that the past would at least be heartbreakingly sweet but the separation was yet another trope! Even with Ji Soo’s father seemingly not being a factor now (those lucid moments are making me nervous), Se Hoon has stepped up to force her to commit noble idiocy once again. I wonder if redemption is in play for Seo Kyung given her recognition of Se Hoon’s obsession and the begrudging way she agreed to the alliance.

The King: Eternal Monarch (Episode 7-8)
It’s the halfway mark of this show and so far my most dominant feeling is regret. I’m not a drama writer at all but it’s so obvious that the weak points of this show are the power-hungry villain and the universe-transcending romance (maybe add all the immersion-breaking product placement). In contrast, Na Ri’s speech about how deadly the clashing parallel universes could be is an interesting idea that branches into notions of determinism as seen by how Young and Eun Sup are so different despite the same beginnings. Shin Jae’s arc looks really promising, but I don’t have hope in the writing.

Update after Episode 9: The King wanted Lee Rim shot dead on sight but he himself does a stare off after a battle cry? Are we really developing Shin Jae’s arc by having him MIA and brooding? Can the writer not treat the audience as fools by blatantly shoving PPL into our faces? Why is the Prime Minister yet another lame antagonist? Will KES use the boy as ‘Fate’?

I think you're referring to my comment about Chi-hong, but you're making it sound nasty when it wasn't. I did not deride him, or say he was creepy, or say anything about him making advances to her. I said I thought his action in that moment was over the top and made her uncomfortable. Let's be real - everything stopped and she asked what was wrong. Then he reached over to pluck the hair off her jacket and explain. The show made that a moment. What was it trying to tell us in that moment? That he was warm and nurturing? People can have different responses. If we all had the same opinion, DB would be a one-dimensional squeefest. Your reaction is disheartening.

I wasn't referring to your comment.

I'm enjoying Hospital Playlist the most, by far. I'm also enjoying the shipping wars in the comments and on the fanwall because I find them cute and amusing.

I'm trying hard to like The King: Eternal PPL and hope with the newest director, it will improve.

We are on the same boat. You know that it is a Lee-Shin drama when the fan-related drama is more dramatic than the drama itself. Honestly, it makes up for the weekly wait. Heh.

Aw man I hope you don't let other people's reactions alter your own perception of the show. Especially when, like you said, it basically perfect.

I finished Miss Truth. And the last episode was full of twists and rushing... it was obvious they had to cut the episodes and crammed a lot in the finale which resulted in a bizarre viewing and I had to laugh sometimes 😆. A rare occasion when I wished for more episodes to develop some characters and stories (Su Fu's change under the drug for example). Still, I enjoyed the drama, liked the costumes and interesting hairstyles... and loved the fighting scenes, the bromance of side characters and Toby Lee as the main lead. Also, it was the first ancient fantasy cdrama I finished, an achievement on its own 😁

I moved from Miss Truth to Under the Power and (so far) I loooove the heroine in this! She is such a ball of positive energy! 🙂 (She so reminds me of Hwi 💕) I also like her straightforwardness and jokes 😁 And her love for food (her undercover maid eating all sweets was hilarious, pointy hair braids included 😂). And whenever she forces the cold hero to be amused, I'm amused as well 🙂

I wish King chose a similar approach to romance as Miss Truth or Under the Power - first do the investigating... and during the cooperation develop the interest and feelings. I'm still watching, but mainly for other characters (and my curiosity about the villain plans... and the parallel worlds and time travel). Last week I actually quite liked episode 8, the pace, humour, revelations and even the romance finally felt compact. I got a hope that this is the turning point when things will get better and that I will enjoy the drama more and more. Imagine my huge disappointment when episode 9 felt like I was watching a string of commercials... bad ones... sigh...

Hospital does the opposite, I never know whether the camping equipment is PPL or part of Songhwa's quirks 😁 Btw, Sonhwa's scenes with Ikjun made me sad (for Ikjun)... and now I can't help but ship them together. There is also sadness in Joonwan an his relationship with Iksun... and I generally fear that season 1 will leave us on a sad note. Luckily I still have Rosa and Jong Soo to revel in all their scenes 💕 (I'm also happy that the actors play a couple with a better relationship than when they were parents in Marriage, Not Dating. And Kim Gab Soo always melts my heart when he plays a positive character (#DanceSportsGirls))

I love Under the Power. I've started and given up on a lot of cdramas and this is the rare drama that I've watched all the way through. I'm slowly downloading the files so I can preserve a copy of the drama. I think it is very well-balanced with a lot of characters that I can root for. I also like how the dubbing for her voice isn't squeaky or breathy. It is pleasant and decisive and it sparkles - a great match for the character. It makes sense why people in the drama are drawn to her as a friend, a comrade, and as a romantic interest.

Omo. Right! It was them in Marriage Not Dating! Ha! Didn't recognize him. 😅

I did not recognize them from MARRIAGE, NOT DATING either- and I have watched that show more than once as it is my favorite Kdrama rom-com.

This week has been stressful (so far) so I am trying to destress by watching dramas.

I do not want to get my heart, hopes, and dreams crushed, but Hospital Playlist is making me care about Song-hwa and Ik-jun A LOT. When Ik-jun told Song-hwa that she is his "happiness", I screamed so loud. But Ik-jun, you are my happiness. Thank you for being the No.1 Winter Garden shipper. And I am going to cry a river if my Min-ha x Seok-hyeong ship will end up sinking.

The King: Eternal PPL has two WDHs, so this show better give him double screentime and not spend most of its time on product placements. I don't know if I am the only one, but I am so lost who is who and what even is happening in this show anymore. Stop selling us things and give us some action, show!

Oh My Baby had a pretty decent premiere week and Jang Na-ra was so good (as always). I don't know where this show is going or if it will go the way I want it to, but I am so glad that Jang Na-ra is back on a romcom (without a cheating husband) so I am staying with this show for now.

I wish Good Casting would focus more on the quirky side (where it is good at) and not spend its time on the dark side, because the shift on tones is not really working well for me.

I am also rewatching Age of Youth 2 and it was honestly the best decision I've made this week!

I usually memorize character names halfway through the show but I just can't memorize the names of the side characters in The King: Eternal PPL. I remember the PPLs more than the names...

If the “twist” at the end of ep 9 is that the traitorous uncle has been wandering around IN PLAIN VIEW this entire time...

Look. If Princess Diana showed up in a crowd, mysteriously un-aged, there would be a HUGE commotion. Are we supposed to believe that people have been totally ignoring an exact uncle lookalike for years just because he didn’t look older? In the global center for plastic surgery?!

I’ve also decided I can’t take Kim Go Eun. I solidly believe that another woman in this role would’ve helped. The writing and pacing remain completely terrible, but she is just a lead weight.

I am so relieved to hear someone else say this as I have the hardest time picking up on everybody until far into a show as well!

"Eternal PPL" 🤣

Eternal PPL is so fitting - how many rings of PPL hell do we have to cross to finally atone for our sin of not having bought a [insert random product here] yet? It feels like a punishment.

Today I just gave up and started yelling "WHAT. on EARTH. is GOING ON HERE!?" at the screen.

You cannot do time warps, doppelgangers, two different universes, time freezes and then add EDITING TIME JUMPS on top. There are entire parts of the drama when I think "I do not know which version of these people I am watching, or what time they are in, or what universe". And it's not even like it's a puzzle the drama wants me to sort out - it's just a random scene where none of those three elements are evidently fixed. Insane. The most stable bit of continuity is the product placement - actually? I probably wouldn't have minded so much if the product placement was shorthand for "this is the universe we're in right now" rather than an actual scripted ad about how tasty kimchi out of a bag is in the MIDDLE OF A DRAMA.

The king is eating unrecognizable kimchi out of a unknown brand bag in front of the Prime Minister. What happened to food tasters.

This should've been a better show. This could've been a much better show.

I also do not like the editing time jumps. I can't even keep track of who is who, so it would really help me understand things if the editing and directing were more cohesive.

The King: Eternal PPL had me laughed out so loud 🤣. And yes, I gave up remembering the names long time ago. It’s much easy to watch if you think of the show as a fairy tales. Things don’t make sense in those, that is what happens here. That way, I enjoyed it so much more.

Re: PPL, at least the show succeeds (to a certain extent) in this regard. I almost wanted to spend so much money on a cup of Alley beverage at a nearby department store.

Haha... yes to the Eternal PPL. I tried yesterday to make a drinking game out of it when I was watching the episode... but had to switch to tea half way thru it because there was more of it than I had remembered lol.

I am just glad we haven't had the boba PPL in a bit, because that one gets to me and has me wanting to go across town to get one!

LOVE your revised title -- Eternal PPL!!!

but for some reason, Woo Do Hwan is taking my attention away from all the PPLs... he's such a handsome cutie... he's stealing the show for me....

The screentime for PPL is longer than WDH's, but he is stealing my attention. I ask "where is WDH?" every second and I fast forward my way to him.

Good Casting: I know which storylines I am interested in and which ones I am not so using some judicious FF. I do hate that they've made the female lead a hot head because it is such a trope and unprofessional to boot.

Someday (T-drama): I think the pacing should have been a tad bit better but continues to be interested to watch an episode or so a week.

When Dramafever folded, I ended up missing out on finishing 100 Days My Prince. I have about 5 or so episodes left. I was enjoying it but now that it is on Viki, having trouble to get motivated to jump back in...is it worth it? Anyone?

Agree with you about Good Casting. I mainly FF through it.

Same

Let me give you an affirmative to again picking up 100 DAYS MY PRINCE. It was a delightful. When completed then go to YouTube and find one of those videos where D.O. gives 25 or so of his patented "Oho"s.

His "oho"s were so funny. I really enjoyed the drama

100 Days My Prince is not like a must watch but it is still worthwhile to complete it.

Thanks everyone. I'll jump back into 100 Days this week.

THE WORLD OF THE MARRIED

I am exhausted after watching this show week after week. Terrific writing, directing and acting. Tomorrow I will watch the final episode. I feel sad, and relieved. I haven't felt this angry and such pain since VIP and TLE.

THE KING

Draggy and unfunny. The red balloon against the pink-orange sky is getting on my nerves. As is the uncle. The PPL took over the drama in the last two episodes. It was horrifying to hear characters touting the goodness of a product. I may never recover from the image of LMH in a storm trooper mask.

OH, MY BABY

Watched Episode 1. Jang Nara was lovely. Felt the chemistry between her and the bachelor guy. But then, Jang Nara has chemistry with all her male leads.

The King more and more is getting to be "why am I watching this??". At this point mainly keeping up with it to see how bad it can get. Sad, really, because if the theme/plot had been done right it could have been very good.

I've been laughing my way through Eternal PPL, but still in it for WDH and KKN.

I could say that my queen went out with a bang but the whole cast of THE WORLD OF THE MARRIED were fantastic from beginning to end.
PD Mo Wan-il I love you!!!

THE KING
I seriously want to get in trouble with Woo Do-whan.
I can make Japchae and I'm kind of pretty (I think) 😊.

JAPAN

Tokyo Coin - 4/10 Weird. as expected

Shinitai Yoru - 4/10 title is apt. A girlfriend that tries to kill you every night. Selling saliva was just a marketing point to attract attention.

No Longer Human - why should i watch it? thinking for 2 weeks. Those who know, know what it is.

Korea -

Trope Dopelist - 6/10 Dope suits this show the best. Gary stus/ Mary su gets old quite fast. Then your usual matchmaking party disguised in a hospital. yeah yeah. Hwa is hyped for not being the same gender as pals. That's her key trait. I can say much more about the show but this is enough for this week.

King's Fling - Family fights are always fun. real or reel. This is what i talked yesterday.
+ve vs. -ve
Walking the path of hero to become a hero vs. Walk to become villain.
Sword of justice divides a musical flute into 2. One is taken by either party. Its usage = Your action derived from your decisions.
A flute that opens the path - both walk the same path, and both have different actions,reactions and relationships formation.
A Sword a weapon aimed at a musical flute. Parallels and contradictions aplenty. And still we have this trash of a show.

Episode 09 hero and heroine somewhere - most audience confused - how, when, why appearing in mind - Outcome presiding the actions, Info intentionally delivered i pieces. A smart tactic, a tactic that depends greatly on the type of audience. Same tactic is employed in Dopelist, but there it is considered awesome and here its derided.
Be rational and objectively make a judgement or you will broadcast your hypocrisy.

Only if the writer wasn't a crook hack who believed in forced romance - but writer is on point - In every K media romance is forcefully added. blatant harassment of media at discretion of audience. demand and supply in action. Audience has to take lot of blame too. There are several factor which are played by writer here. Writer, broadcaster surely wanted to attract certain demography and were aiming for certain IQ, but all it went down because what they hoped and what they know, all became true. On one hand they got returns and on other hand lost quite. overall balance sheet in -ve and audience is the reason.

Once Again - Audience blaming Hero's mom. Sometimes you think do only edgy teenagers watch these shows? Blaming the outside factor when the couple is going through ups and down for long and have their own problems to settle 1st. This kind of shows allow you to see the type of audience.

You are making KING, THE ETERNAL MONARCH sound like the same sort of disjointed mess as FOREST. Am I wrong?

One thing i have learned watching kdramas. never trust female doctors - Most are shown as rote learners, with mental disorders/ trauma and anger issues and if things work somehow they mostly come out as Mary sue. From 2016-2020 I have come across only 1 competent doctor and she got the top position in Life - a drama that is more medical business.

Song Hwa might be the 2nd competent one. Thankfully she's not showing any muh family problms,childhood life trauma,disorder or incompetency till now but then she's part of gary stus, just that she doesn't have a D.

So I am not the only one that has noticed that K-dramas treat female doctors (and all female professionals) far different from males. Even in that horribly stupid daytime drama Fatal Promise, the female doctor is easily maneuvered into evil deeds by the male. I have only spent a few weeks in Korea, but I wonder how well TV dramas reflect actual Korea.

And most of these k-dramas are written by women.

@windsun33
SK drama is full of this and it is not just subtle, it is repeatedly said out loud.

The mother in "Boyfriend" actually says "...I don't like competent women..." after a long passage of disparaging the female CEO.
"Beware of people with sad stories" is often repeated, Eg: Camellia and "Just Between Lovers" to name 2. Even when it is not said, many drama relationships are structured along these lines.

Sure, no culture's dramas are "real", they are more like sonar. As much as we all like to say we have changed, deeply rooted elements in our societies have an inertia. Every culture is sticky and much of it is almost invisible - like the air we breath.

I suspect there is a point in Drama viewing where we start to see across the culture divide and you can't un-see it once you see it.

They do this with female lawyers as well- although there it is often a willingness to do something wildly illegal and inappropriate to advance their careers- this was why I had to stop watching HYENA, a show that many people really enjoyed. I just had such a visceral react whenever I saw the FL that it spoiled the show for me.

@oldawyer

Nice observation.

It made me instantly think about how in the SK Drama context, it even more telling when looking at the differences in ML/FL.

I am often struck at how how "anti behaviour" of ML is shown as noble or what must be done to protect the clan (either anti-clan or antisocial). Where as the FL doing the same is so often to illustrate they are untrustworthy. It is amazing how and where echoes of hojuje reverberate.

Just to be clear the west has this in spades as well. Those tropes about fate of women in westerns didn't disappear they just took new forms.

@catocat
Are you not watching Gourmet Detective Goro Akechi?

Such a surprise, it looks like a typical light JDrama but wow the undercurrents are so dark. Koike Eiko's "Mary" is probably one of the most interesting envisioning of Moriarty. She is both mesmerising and chilling.

I am loving all the J retellings of Sherlock -I think I count 4 recent.

Soul Repairer I think I will drop it. I don't understand how you ask a person with anger issue to help other patients... I mean if it was just act a person in an enviroment controlled by a professional or dance, ok, but in a "confession" cercle and she's "counseling"?

Find Me in Your Memory They chose the stupid separation who brought nothing to the story and didn't suit the FL's character. It's sad because they did pretty well until that

Oh My Baby I liked it. I likes the ML, he's really fun :p JNR is really good for the comedic part and the more serious ones.

Hospital Playlist I'm curious where they're going with the love stories. I don't really care with who SW will fall in love, I just want to see the processus not like JWan's love story.

The King: Eternal Monarch With the ratings, I thought they understood that focusing the story on the love story was vain and they should focus the story on the mysteries. At least WDH is super entertaining (hot and funny)!

Find Me in Your Memory the separation trope in episode 15 [or 30] did sabotage the otherwise smooth story, but the finale [episode 16 or 31-32] is not too bad.

I agree. The final was not bad. In a general way, it was a good drama for me. I really liked the couple :)

At least WDH is super entertaining (hot and funny)

It's a lethal combination. "Winter is cooooming."

I see Go Joon!!!

Currently watching:

Eternal Monarch: PPL galore 🥳

Hospital Playlist: Korean Grey's Anatomy 😆

Hyena: started to see violin guy in ep 4. Staying for Joo Ji Hoon and his suits 😎

Hyena is a really enjoyable drama
I had a blast watching it. Joo Ji Hoon was fantastic in this drama

I take issue with your characterization of Hospital Playlist. It's far more humorous and has far more heart than Grey's Anatomy. *full disclosure, I dropped Grey's Anatomy very early because the constant thunderstorms drove me insane since thunder is rare in Seattle

The format of Hospital Playlist is similar to GA. Endless plot, that can go on forever. Even the director said the drama was made with no end in mind. A 2nd season will happen if S1 is well-liked. Plus, the doctors are going around trying to matchmake each other, very GA like 🤭. And....GA has humor and heart too, I've followed it for 16 seasons.

The humor and heart must've been lost on me.

I suppose it takes time to see it, GA does have sooo many seasons 🤣😆. It's not warm and cozy like Hosplay. But both are similar in format aka both have endless plot.

I would like Hosplay to have a conclusion though. I kinda like the characters, but there are no arcs in the drama yet. And some stuff are hidden. Example obgyn's mum had a heart attack at the end of ep, the beginning of the next ep she's all fine and laughing. Same goes with Iksun's surgery.

HAHA I take offense to the fact that it's compared to Grey's too!! But I think that's because of my own disdain for Grey's and overwhelming love for Hospital Playlist that I don't like the latter being equated to the former. But I understand where you come from @katakwasabi since ur right about the format and the intra-hospital romance.

Man, I tried sitting through the first episode of Grey's and I could. not. Meredith was super likeable but everything was so dramatized and inorganic. I should cut it some slack though, since it came out in 2005 and won't have the same nuance of a show released today.

Dramas back then and now are different. Even GA is way different now. I probably started watching in 2007(?). And followed it on-off since. I dropped it at times, but I end up picking it back up. The drama itself is not that complex, a group of 5 interns thrown into a hospital. Now they are attendings and department heads. I don't know how medically accurate or inaccurate the drama is, but imo it does make entertaining TV. Hahahaha

I don't plan to rewatch the older episodes, it's too old and probably does not suit my taste now 🤭. But when the latest eps go into flashback mode and remember the moments from their intern days, their resident days to their attending days...it does make me feel nostalgic. Hehehe

Bro hyena wasn't perfect but I lived for the humour and drama. The overall plot was solid so it was so very satisfying. I hope you enjoy it ^ . ^

I think Hospital Playlist is totally different from GA.
I'm fans of American medical series, I must have checked all of them, Grey's Anatomy, House, Chicago Med, Private Practice etc.
and American series are always based on being the best surgeon, doing exceptional (rare) surgery, do something never done before, the competition.
HP has no EGO. It's totally about the doctors/hospital routine and how human the doctors are.

I agree with you. We stopped watching GRAY's ANATOMY after the first couple of season's.

ETERNAL MONARCH
I love you KES. Her dramas always bring me back from long hiatus and mini slump. She did it in 2016 (DoTS), 2018 (MS) and now 2020 after my six months of mini slump. Although mostly because of the actors she casted in her dramas. I love SHK, I was curious about KTR and who can resist WDW??

KINGDOM SEASON 2
I can't help feeling sorry for prince Lee Chan. He's been fighting zombies for two seasons just to see her step mother mess with his right to the throne. But I also can't see a better solution for the kingdom.

REPLY 1997
I love everything about it up until episode 7. I don't understand why a 27 year old man tried to have romantic relationship with a high-schooler, especially he already had a relationship with her big sister before. But I keep watching and now I'm at episode 14 -- ffding every scenes with the brother. Their friendship and other romances are too good to pass up.

CHICAGO TYPEWRITER
Makes me curious about Korean history during Japanese occupation. The ending is too tragic. I'm glad I watched this drama but I don't think I would rewatch it.

I love Chicago Typewriter so much that I actually bought a DVD so that I would always have it available (though I can only play in on my "all region" player). I'm not sure if it was the lure of the historical period or what, but that drama just drew me in completely. The costumes were great, the cinematography was perfect. I have nothing by good to say about that drama. Well, maybe I could complain about Yoo Ah In's haircut being too short in the contemporary part. ;-)

forgive my typos :-( *in= it, *by=but)

The overall production is top notch. I especially love the music. I found Yoo Ah-in is really hot here, either with short hair or Jack Dawson's hairstyle.

I wish I'd bought Queen In Hyun's Man. I love that damn show and would watch it over and over again, but none of the streaming services have it in my region.

YAI's hair is better in the historical period... so cute. frames his cute face better....

Reply 1997 - that turned me off too, it didn’t make sense and was basically just creepy. I know he wasn’t *her* teacher but the teacher/student element added an extra layer of this-does-not-work-for-me as well.

Hospital Playlist is the only show I'm really following these days. On a minority ship which I don't see being pedaled by anyone on DB (Andrea and Songhwa), but really not too bothered about what eventually works out. I'm just enjoying the real feel of the show (the characters seem like people I have known), and the friendships (resonates in many ways with my own experiences).

Catching up with City Hall a decade late, half-way through, and enjoying it thoroughly. Thank you to all the Beanies who have been recommending it as THE KES show to watch.

Also, I recommend the on-going C-drama Love is All for something that is brainless, silly and really funny (despite its really poor production quality). I haven't caught up with the latest episodes, but whatever I have watched, have been thoroughly entertaining.

I also recommend On Air.

Thank you, will look for it! Viki's licensing issues are in the way for now. :/

Viki is owned by a giant corporation- and sometimes it really shows.

hah indeed! I have lost track of the number of shows I have put in requests for, to make them available in my region. The annoying part is that Netflix and Viki are the only two legal sources available in my part of the world, fee or no fee. (Occasionally, legit channels on YouTube surprise me, though - e.g., Healer is available on YT fully subbed!).

Premieres checked out:

Soul Repairer - Jung So-mi is great but same with stroopwafel, the unconventional ways aren't really what I expected. The first episode didn't impress me much and staying for JSM is not enough.
Oh My Baby - oh that rude doctor, considering she's a woman herself, she could have worded her words nicely. Might check out the rest of the eps or not.

Regular shows:
Hospital Playlist - Chi-hong, Capt Ahn TT__TT this ship has officially sunk. I know it was a wrong ship to begin with but still, I had hopes. BUT looks like Winter-Garden's engine has started. A win for their OTP. It was an OTP-filled episode and I'm sad that we only have two episodes left.

The King: Eternal PPL ep9- I zoned out most of the time in ep9. I'm still not dropping it because I don't really have much shows that are currently airing.

Old dramas that I'm watching:
Search WWW - rewatching because rl friend is watching and she might have questions so I'm skimming (mostly Cha Hyun-Seol Jihwan scenes) through the drama.

Mad Dog - Ep1 was not the best premiere but the 2nd half did leave me wanting for more.

Queen In-hyun's Man - watching this for the 3rd time still leaves me in awe of Boong-do, such a smart ML.

Cdramas

The Love Equations - Main OTP is soooo sweet. Reminds me of my college years. Oh those were the days, all that we cared about are events to organize, meetings after classes, attending classes but not really listening.

Variety Shows

Master in the House - The addition of Cha Eun-woo was a good choice. Since I've only seen him in Rookie, EW in a variety setting is a dork. As expected from an idol.

TMaD: Fishing Village S5 - Ho-jun has been laughing for the first two episodes. Cha Ahjumma and Yoo's never ending skits are hilarious. Also, this might be the first TMaD were the food is less, that I've seen. Never expected a guest but there is!

Mad Dog's writter has a new drama in preparation with Yeo Jin Goo as main actor !

Oh! I like YJG! We'll see if I'll like Mad Dog >.<

Thanks @kurama for the intel. The only thing I can find out is the working title of the drama: MONSTER.

I absolutely loved Yeo Jin-goo's performance in THE CROWNED CLOWN. I missed his last two dramas so I will be looking out for more info on his next project.

🤔 wondering if I should try Mad Dog again...

I needed more Woo Do-hwan. I'm not in a mood for My Country yet.

but.... he's so beautiful -- along with Yang Se Jong... just WATCH it, don't focus on the story...
: D

how do I not focus on the story? esp after knowing Beanies' reaction with the final weeks of the drama. I can feel the frustrations

Watch with me~~~though it’s taking me veeery slow 😅

@neener, it would be fun to have a spazz-companion! You're at EP 3, right? I can't remember exactly where I left it, but my guess would be ep 3 or 4, I distinctly remember WDH speaking German and loads of abs 🤔 But I'm only going to start watching by Monday or Tuesday, after I finish Signal...I'll let you know!

Still at ep2 hihihi

Enjoy Signal~~~

@neener, ooohhhhh, the crash! I remember now! Ep 2 (and 3, if I'm not wrong) are horrific... I erased it from memory, probably because it was so shocking. I draw a line at people loosing their kids, it freaks me out to much. At the time I also wanted to check out, but a Beanie told me things would get better... and they did: abs and German start after that! But I guess the damage was done, because I moved on to Rescue Me, also with WDH (which I found also dark, but of a type I can deal with, and really good). Anyway, now I think I can give Mad Dog a second chance (skipping the crash bit)...

I shall look forward to the abs and German, that'll be the motivation. I've read Rescue Me from the fanwall and all but too dark for me. I'll settle with Mad Dog for now >.<

Oooh, I understand some German and abs are not a problem. Let me try episode 1 and if I continue I'll let you know @neener!

It takes awhile to get going and has a great build up of WDH's character.

Oh can't wait to hear your thoughts on German and abs, Toki >.<

"abs are not a problem" is a funny understatement 🤣

Love your username and that pic of nino obviously XD

I also absolutely adore The Love Equations. I watched it in wetv weeks ago and completed them, so I don't really exactly remember the drama (as I'm watching other dramas now), but I remember the sweet couple. Zhao Fanzhou and Zhou Xi are auch a delight to watch. Though their stupid break up got me in rage

Try watching best of you in my mind and beautiful time with you. Both dramas are really good

Since you know Nino, I'm sure you get why the username is that >.<

I haven't gotten the break up part yet but I did feel like it's coming so I have put it on a pause but most likely will finish it this week.

Oh both are youth dramas. If I'm in the mood after The Love Equations, I'll give these two a try.

OG I'm sorry for giving you spoiler. I thought you finished them. It's all about noble idiocy (though I can understand why, I don't agree). After all, it's a cute and sweet drama so the angst won't stay long. They also release the post-story, about them getting married. It's so fun and light to watch

Best of you in my mind IMo has the best characterisation for the male lead. He's the best I see in years I think. I came to love the actor after watching him there. Sub is still at eps18. But I skimmed through the other episodes and found that it's a HE. And also only have 24 eps

Beautiful time is a story of a guy who encourage the girl to be better. Total of 36 eps. Currently at eps 8 for sub. I suggest waiting for subs first

And about the name: I totally GET it XD I was also a Nino-fan hahaha

I don’t like noble idiocy. Tsk tsk tsk

I shall wait for those dramas to be fully subbed. I don’t want to wait 😅

The last drama I’ve seen Nino in was Black Pean. Miss that meanie on my screen. Though I do watch weekly shows

ONCE AGAIN: All the children are back under one roof and Mom thinks she has failed as a parent so she is bitter to her grown kids. We know where the show is heading, the pace is pretty good for a weekender, and the cast has been good.
SOUL REPAIRER/FIX ME/HOUSE Lite: I really like Jung So-Min. We got to know her well in the reality show "Little Forest." However, through episode 4, her character is becoming too repetitive. Her acting outshines the other cast members. The medical-ethical dogma is hard to accept. It is like House (US) a show I could not watch. This is one of those shows you watch for a lead, but you are on the fence on whether to finish it.
On Tap:
SNOWPIERCER (US): On Sunday, cable network TNT debuts its version of the hit movie. US audiences tend to have high standards for sci-fi shows.

Had no idea about the Snowpiercer series. Loved the movie! Hopefully the show will be good and do the movie justice. Don't really know if U.S. audiences standards are any different from other countries in terms of sci-fi shows, but I can say Battlestar Galactica is one of my all-time favorite sci-fi shows and was done exceptionally well. I hope to rewatch that series sometime this year (which will make it my 4th rewatch).

(This is a review of the 2nd half of the drama)

Find Me in Your Memory

I can understand romcom that wanted to insert thriller plotline to balance its sweetness. But this drama used 5 different villains who all did a criminal action against our main leads. Not 1, not 2, but 5!! By the time they reached villain number 3, their villainness has stopped being an effective and believable obstacle.

If it was up to me, I would choose to only use the nosy entertainment reporter and the problematic old doctor as the antagonist of this story. The reporter could provide a good insight on how difficult the lives of public figures could be in South Korea. Given both leads' profession, this combined with the over-involvement of netizens in celebrities' lives could make for a more organic and relatable source of conflict. It's a pity that the writer choose to use super villains to move the story forward instead of exploring a problematic situation that we can relate to.

Meanwhile, I actually found the old doctor to be quite a fascinating antagonist. It's probably not a popular opinion, but if only we didn't need to deal with stalker storyline in the beginning, I think the doctor could be more effective and interesting in his mindfuckery. His disturbing manipulativeness and (dare I say) God-complex-like attitude towards Jeong-hoon created a good tension as Ha-jin, Jeong-hoon, and Tae-eun all reacted differently to it. If it was being explored well, I think we could also get to know Tae-eun better. It's unfortunate that he was only relegated as tertiary character despite his uncommon family backstory and his connection to both leads.

Despite its many flaws, though, this drama left me satisfied as a whole. Mainly because of the way it handled the romance story, the friendship, and the warm familial ties our leads have. I appreciate the way it handled the relationship problems between our main couple. Even when one of them needed time alone to sort through their jumbled thoughts and feelings, they always talked first. There's no noble idiocy. Even when they have to take a break from their relationship, it was all for their own well being and it was something they decided together. There's no bullshit like "this is for your sake" or "because this is what's best for you", which is a rare blessing in a romcom.

It was a really mature reaction that they decided to date again only after they made sure that they still love each other so much and that their relationship is worthy of enduring all the hardships that might come their way. I even found the fate-like coincidences they got in the last eps to be done quite nicely. At that point, they just needed excuses to go meet each other and renew their relationship, so I'm thankful that the universe gave them that. It's cheeky in the sweetest way possible. Instead of being saccharine sweet, the long epilogue actually felt nice in our leads' brand of quiet and supportive love, and I'm...

... and I'm glad we ended the drama on that note.

And the relationship between the sister and the reporter! It is not given much screentime, but everything is spot-on. No non-sense done, and the in-time emotional support the reporter gave the sis! I especially like how the sister proposed to the reporter.
The interactions between the ML and the News Head are what I love too. As a supportive friend as well as an able superior, the Head is my definition of girl crush.

I liked the sister more than the main characters.

Kim Seul-Gi for the win! Always!

The World of Married Couple/ The World of the Married/ A Couple’s World- I just finished episode 15 yet I still don’t know its correct title. I love the directing, writing and the pacing of this drama. I will surely miss this a lot.

Hospital Playlist- I jumped aboard the Songhwa x Ikjun ship and I hope I don’t regret it. Winter Garden Couple is also doing good. This is my happy drama as I can watch it without worrying about anything.

Oh My Baby- I love Jang Nara so much and I liked the first two eps. I really hope she does have a baby. She felt real and human.

What Happens to My Family- I mostly just watch for Nam Ji Hyun but I can’t seem to watch more than 1 episode a day. It’s tiring to see these children treat their dad like trash.

The Last Empress rewatch- I was planning to rewatch Stove League but found myself missing Empress x Sunny so I followed my heart.

Running Man Ep 502- It was KJK’s birthday special and I died laughing. The airtime was divided equally and there were a lot of funny moments. I miss SoMin though. I’m unfamiliar with Kpop boy group Seventeen but I liked Mingyu.

The King Ep1-8 - The story improved but the boring romance and cop investigations make this drama feel draggy, the two WDHs are the best thing about it, the PPL is the most terrible ever in kdramaland.

Extracurricular A very entertaining drama, fast paced, very nice cast and technical quality. I don't consider any of the characters realistic but they were still interesting for being complex and I didn't like the cop out ending but it's still a lot better than most kdramas any year.

TWOTM Ep 1-14 - This is the way to do melodrama. Great complex characters that make the plot advance as natural consequence of their choices. Many surprises but all of them earned. No silly twist only for ratings. Good actors and pretty photography.

Born Again It's so strange it defies any kdrama law. Nobody knows what it's doing or where this is going, maybe not even the writers. I thought they were faking but the lead is really a psycho? The heroine wants both guys, one as puppy and the other as boyfriend, can't even blame her much. Funny fact - The PM's mother from King is the same as psycho's mom here! It's the same actress!

Oh @lixie we're watching a lot of the same shows this week. I also really am enjoying extracurricular and have about half hour left until the end so I don't yet know how they "cop out" but am looking forward to finding out. That's really an intense drama. Love Mr Kim

I look forward to Born Again each week more than any of the others simply because I am caught up in "not knowing" the true hearts of these people. It certainly is not black and white. The writers could be teasing us by convincing us to take things for granted that we really should not take for granted. I want the original couple to be the ones who end up together. I do look forward to this drama the most each week.
The King is one I also look forward to. I really enjoy the show and just ignore the things like PPL about the same as I ignore commercials on other shows. Gotta make money to keep making dramas. You are right though, it is kind of embarrassing to see. But each week I laugh for all the hate this drama gets, it sure gets a huge amount of attention with over 300 comments to the reviews. I just consider it fun to watch though I know it will not be one that sticks in my memory over the years. I'm enjoying it now.

Yes, me too, Born Again makes me want to marathon this even if it's absurd, maybe because it is so honest about being trashy kkk. I don't even know who is original couple, is it the prosecutor and SaBin? I guess they are since the flashbacks seem to say that. I really liked the cliffhanger this last week, it seems it doesn't matter what the psycho does, he always gets the girl to get hurt trying to hit his rival.

In the previous lives, it was the cop and the bookstore lady (prosecutor and SaBin) that were about to be married when they died. And they are the couple I want to be together now. The guy that plays the psycho is an actor that I have never liked at all, though I am trying to keep that dislike from this drama. The actor that plays the prosecutor is someone who generally plays really quirky parts so I don't know what I expect out of him either. But it's fun and I'm entertained for certain. I agree, the cliffhanger is interesting and takes this in a slightly different direction.

That's probably the right idea. I was questioning a bit because prosecutor seemed to feel hurt in the same place as the mummy was attacked, if you remember the mummy's new face, created by that program, is also prosecutor's face. So I thought the mummy was Gong JiChul and that was confusing kkk. I like both actors very much though I think JKY is doing a bad job as psycho, too bland. About LSH I don't remember him being quirky? kk I remember him surly in King of HS, sexy psycho in Scholar and sexy lonely in Valid Love.

@lixie yes, the mummy is the prosecutor. The fact that the ring was found in his hand is another reason to believe that. I know some beanies have mentioned that mummy being the other guy, but there was nothing I saw at all that would make me believe it is supposed to be the other guy (the psycho) To me, the mummy was always the cop/prosecutor even though I don't remember him getting bashed in the head. That doesn't mean he wasn't though. In fact, he was found alone, and not with the other two. Therefore, all the bodies were messed with and we don't know what happened to them (well, I don't, maybe other people do but I missed any clues there that might have been given). Now as for LSH playing quirky parts, how about the musician piano player in What's UP, or his role in White Christmas, or his role as a breath taking vampire in The Scholar Who Walks the Night, or his reclusive stalker role in Righteous Love? Those roles to me were a bit quirky in that the characters he played all were not common and would have seemed very unusual had I met them in real life (ha ha especially the vampire--joking). so maybe what was peculiar or unexpected to me was just not to others. But I considered his characters quirky. Also, the physical appearance of him is unusual to me. He has characteristics that make me want to stare at him because they seem out of the ordinary.

@zzthorn
The mummy was holding that book! Why would cop do that? And how and why would he turn into a mummy anyway? I do not know it is a good idea to even try to understand the reasons behind this plot. I had forgot about LSH in White Christmas! I think of his appearance as an elf. The somber kind ehhehe.

@lixie Neither of the men had the book in their hands when they died on the snowy mountain. And I would say that they stood equal chance of becoming mummies since they were together. Science would likely come back and say that neither of them should have turned into a mummy in that climate. It is all confusing. That's why I am eager to get back to the story each week to see which pieces of the puzzle might start to fit. Ha! So far I definitely don't have this drama figured out. In fact, having Wuthering Heights show up in this story is confusing to me as well. I don't really see any parallels except for the fact that she likes both men and one of them is evil. But there are far too many differences for me to feel that the book and the drama intertwine. :-)

@zzthorn
There is nothing similar with that story. That is one of the best absurdities ehheeh! None of these characters resemble anyone from that book.

@lixie Okay, go back to episode 1 and at nearly 10 minutes into the show, the bookstore lady gets Wuthering Heights down from the shelf and reads a passage to the detective, which he is able to quote and even knows the page number by heart. So, even though the psycho guy likes the Wuthering Heights book, apparently, so does the detective and the quote works well, too. :) I had to go back and rewatch that to hunt for a clue as I didn't remember one.

On page 123 of that book is where the detective writes his first proposal to the book store woman. :-)

Also, I think the mummy is the cop. I think the psycho somehow did not die after he shot himself because in a much later scene, it was mentioned that Sa Bin's father executed him in prison (and hence was haunted by the ghost of him which drove him to madness). So that means he was alive and captured and eventually executed.

And it's also possible bookstore lady did not die that day in the snow. I believed she died 2 years after the snow incident (if I am not mistaken). So it's highly possible that psycho guy bludgeoned dead cop and staged his body by tying it up and dropping it into the ocean, saved bookstore lady, was captured after that and executed. Not forgetting there was also a scene where psycho emerged from the ocean dripping wet with a stab/gun wound on his abdomen. Those were the scenes we were unable to place - him emerging from the ocean, him being executed in jail afterwards.

Aahh...this is the thread I've been looking for. haha I thought I was possibly the only one still watching this drama, let alone look forward to it the most every week. Like @zzthorn, I've never liked Jang Ki Yong (guy who plays the psycho) but my heart aches for him so badly here, just thinking about what befell him in his past life made me so sad. I started by wanting the original couple to be together but I felt so bad for the psycho character that I really wanted him to have a good ending (unlike what happened to him in his past life). Like Sa Bin, I just wanted to embrace him and tell him that everything will be alright. That being said, the prosecutor and Sa Bin are so good together though. The actors are all mesmerizing to watch and have such great dynamics. I also love the scenery coupled with the music.

Very good theories on previous post, I hadn't thought much about how the mummy was done because it seems so strange. About JKY's psycho I don't really like him much, the past version was easier to understand and he wasn't a psycho, just a very complicated person.

Extracurricular: been commenting about this, so not going to repeat myself. It's dark, it's good!

The King: this drama has so many flaws, but I'm enjoying it so much! It's a crazy show, everything is over the top, even PPL.

Signal: watched EP 12 last night. Oh my heart! And I'm so angry at the Inju case... Been thinking about how this drama is inspired by true cases, and how awful Korean system is and how society bullies victims. Then I made a reality check and thought about recent criminal cases in both my own country and my host country. It seems like crappiness towards women and judicial bias are everywhere, it's just easier to spot it far away. Anyway, this drama is extremely good.

Movie Time to hunt: heist movie turned persecution nightmare. Great acting, ok story.

On my radar: Midnight munchies, Jung Ilwoo and fluff sounds about right.

*correction: Signal, EP 14

I remember the Inju case! I rememeber how angry i was that I couldn't help but rant on the fan wall (I watched this drama just 6 months ago)!!

The King: I feel like I’m Alice going through a rabbit hole myself. I can comprehend nothing, yet everything still looks beautiful.

I feel like Alice too but I think I get it and am really enjoying the wonderland :D

@mmmmm thanks for saying that🌸

Glad you are. :D

The preview of episode 11 left me anxious and shaken. Would recommend seeing 9 and 10 slowly such that the wait is not too long for you.

I have to say that I am hooked. I have apprehensions about whether things will be wrapped up properly but in comparison to episode 4 when I was on the fence, I am a convert now :D

Oh and my wish stands... I really hope that the FL is not reduced to only shedding tears. I want her to be regal and powerful like a queen on the chessboard.

And I hand it to the show: they can laugh at themselves. That means that there is an awareness :)

I'm really enjoying this, but I'm afraid we're going to get Memories of the Alhambra-ed... Really hope Writernim manages to pull in all the threads coherently!

Signal was the best!!! I got three newbies (who were least likely on the planet to ever watch kdrama) hooked onto korean content in general with this drama. So excited I hope you enjoy till the end. Even after all this time, I continue to hope for a season 2 lol.

I'm not sure - it's all a blur. Will get back to you after a few cups of coffee.
Though I do remember watching Love Under the Moon this morning with my first cup. Not sure what episode or what's going on...
Waiting for Amensalism.

Top Star Yoo Baek (11/11): This one definitely works better as a binge-watch. I will miss the beautiful island cinematography and the food porn that distracted me from the pandemic. I did get annoyed in the middle when a misunderstanding got out of hand and became the main plot until it finally got resolved in the end, and everyone shares some blame in my opinion. The island people should not be so meddlesome and jump to the wrong conclusions, and female protagonist Kang-Soon should have been honest with herself and the island people from the start, even if it would break some hearts. The biggest disappointment, however, was second lead Choi Ma-Dol. He was a nice guy, but also in a bad way. Fortunately he was hilarious on other moments and he and the island people were good people in the end.🧑‍🌾

The Boy Next Door (15/15): Choi Woo-Shik❤️ Jang Ki-Yong❤️. Our bodies are able to cringe and laugh simultaneously, interesting!😂

Sassy Go Go! (11/12): Thank God My First First Love exists. JiSoo is breaking my heart.😢

Oh My Baby (2/16): The first two episodes flew by for me and I really like Jang Na-Ra in this. Is it me, or did the first lead swap some characteristics with the second lead?🤔 Our first lead is not the friendliest, but he has shown himself to be a decent guy by doing second lead things. Usually such behavior comes only after he warmed up to his lady. The second lead has the typical best friend background, but his expected sweetness and responsibility got buried after he experienced some difficulties. I have faith that I will warm up to him more as soon as he bounces back. I am probably getting ahead of myself since it is only the second episode, but I would love to see more characteristics and ensuing tropes with a slight tweak! It makes the characters and plot more refreshing, equal and layered. Unfortunately it makes them also more confusing to grasp at the moment, so I guess I should keep watching to find out. Third member of A3 is my Soompi Soulmate Do-Hwa, enough said.😊

I agree with you about TSYB. I’ve just finished and I want to thank you again. It clearly benefits with a binge watching. I laughed out loud, enjoyed the food and the island. Once again, thank you 🥰

You are very welcome! I usually am not that fond of fish and seafood, but *drool*😋

Yes, it must be a great binge-watch. I live-watched it, but getting one episode per week and having to wait for subs for another week made it really hard. In the end I lost interest around ep. 9 (though maybe I just sank with the second lead ship ahem still not over that)

That's what happened to me. I stopped watching on episode 6, because on week I didn't watch and I didn't feel I had missed anything. But when Turtually commented about it, I decide to continue and I had so much fun. It really benefits from a binge-watch.

I have Top Star on my watchlist!

I am glad that you enjoyed it. Seems like a lovely relatively stress free watch with interesting and fun characters and setting.

Top Star was a diamond in the rough... surprisingly sweet, in spite of the goofy premise...
; )

Hospital Playlist I love this drama and I don't care which (if any) ships are going to sail. I just enjoy watching these friends and all the people surrounding them.

When Love Blooms What's great about this drama is how it interweaves the current and the past story. Not whole episodes of history followed by episodes of current day, but almost a scene by scene switch, all thematically linked. Add to that an amazing cast and the drama becomes more than the story

Once Again My weekly weekend-drama crack. Yup, I'm loving it. I love every single character (apart from the mother-in-law) and I love the depiction of all these divorced children moving back in with their parents. I think there are ten people living in the house now! It's got very strong My Father is Strange vibes, in that a normal family, with very loving bonds, goes through trials and tribulations.

And I finished A Piece of Your Mind which left me feeling all warm and happy. Not perfect, but the OTP were utterly delightful and the message of looking after yourself really important.

I'm quite a happy drama watcher this week...

Same with Hospital Playlist. It's such a comforting watch.

I am enjoying ONCE AGAIN also.

Currently watching:
Hospital playlist: I am sure I am on all wrong ships but who cares? I am happy with any possible end game. Everyone deserves everyone (I hope that make sense).
Oh My Baby: When Jang Nara cries, my eyes feel moist. I am in for her. On side note if my future is Jang Nara, I would gladly take it.
Good Casting: Still watching it. I like our agents, their interaction with each other and with those surrounding them but not the spy stuff.
Dropped:
Eternal Monarch: Not even WDH on black horse can make me stick with this drama. Sorry I am out.

Everyone deserves everyone does make sense tome.

Good Casting. I knew last week I said I would drop. I didn’t because I like too much Ye Eun and I want to know how her storyline evolves. I mainly FF the rest of the show. I find Choi Chang Her too overacting (I mean more overacting than she’s supposed to be). I can’t relate anyway to ChanMi.

When my love blooms. I don’t care about the tropes, I’m loving this show. Nothing relevant seems to be happening, but I like the way it is told, and how we unfold the story of our leads. It’s a refreshing point of view these parallelism between the past and the present, and the evident love and connection between them. I also like that not everyone is good or bad.

And because of the drama challenge that fills the beanie wall, I’ve began two old shows:

I’m not a robot. I’m on episode 4 and I’m loving our leads. How is it possible that Chae Too Bin can be so charming? So far I’m having fun, loving everything and totally in this crazy ride.

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. I’m on episode 4 as well, and I’m liking it. I’ve been told it gets better after episode 6, but I’m really liking. BokJoo is not the typical FL which is so refreshing. Also, even if she’s quite criticized I’ve always liked Lee SungKyung, even from her crazy characters in It’s ok, that’s love and Cheese in the trap>/b>.

The pacing for I’m not a robot & Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo are both a bit slow but they does give one a heartwarm feeling.

Wow, you get to watch both INAR AND WFKBJ from the beginning for the first time. Lucky you!

I'm loving it. I really feel I'm lucky!!

That's exactly what I thought, I rewatched them recently (not at the same time) and loved them to pieces all over again.
I just feel no drama recently can compare to the feelings these dramas give me... personal impression. Maybe I am old! 😂😂😂

Weightlifting Fairy was one that I resisted watching for ages because everyone said it was so good and I didn’t believe it...and then I was quite surprised that it actually was a really nice watch 😄

@eazal INAR and WFKBJ are so addicting. I really loved it. Did you like Cheese in the Trap? I’m thinking of watching it.

I liked it, but the second half (like so many dramas) it's a bit of a mess and not everybody was happy with the ending (I did, but probably because I had read that it was so bad, that then I found it ok).

Haha, I guess we an enjoy dramas more when we lower our expectations.

Eazal
worst drama and actress that ive ever watched.
Lee sung kyung and weightlifting ...
acting was so over the top. shes really a bad actress. Your taste is somethinng. Just saying.

Watching INAR now too (just finished episode 12) and it is so light and delightul. It is perfect ballast to Reply 1988, which is also lovely, but in an entirely different way.

The King: Eternal Monarch: Episode 9: I hate how the show will end on a cliffhanger and then not begin on that cliffhanger in the next episode. PPL continues to be ridiculous. Watching to see how things turn out for Shin-jae.

Hospital Playlist: I’ve been a little baffled by all the shipping but I admit, Episode 10 had me shipping Ik-joon and Song-hwa a bit.

Oh My Baby: Good start. Jang Nara is always good. I like her character. Go Joon is finnnnne. I like his character.

Once Again: I’m glad everybody knows about the divorce. I assume Na Hee and Gyu-jin are endgame but they’ll have to convince me that they should be. Their personalities really do seem better suited to others.

When My Love Blooms: Dropped. I just feel bad for the kids.

Soul Repairer: 5-8: Dropping. I was going to try to stay for Jung So Min, but I hate how they are handling pretty much everything on this show.

Agreed on the cliffhangers and not beginning on them next episode. It totally kills the pace of the show.

That annoys the crap out of me too. Scenes are already disjointed. I can't stand the directing in this show.

We're on director three, or so I've heard.