Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

SailorJumun

Forest of Secrets 2: I don’t know what it is, but I’m not falling into this one. I thought Season 1 was spectacular, and I was pumped for the reunion of our characters… but I don’t know. Maybe I’m not in the right mood for a crime thriller. (Correction: I know I’m not in the mood. I’m in dire need of a sugary rom-com.) Also, maybe I’m scared to see Shi-mok and Yeo-jin possibly butting heads. It’s an interesting change, and I’m curious to see where it goes, but augh, it’s like watching two of your friends fight.

You From Another Star: So, yeah, I needed my Kim Soo-hyun fix after It’s Okay. But I’m already regretting my decision to rewatch this, because I’m getting flashbacks to my first viewing… When I was in my dorm room and I was holding back sobs so I wouldn’t wake my roommate. But it’s too late to turn back now. I’m completely captured by the nostalgia, You are my destiny’s and all.

missvictrix

Currently weecapping: Graceful Friends

When I Was the Most Beautiful: After enjoying this drama’s premiere week so much, there’s no way I would (or could) stop watching. However, for the record, I have a strong hunch that this will be a drama better for the swift speed of a marathon rather than a live watch. A marathon helps us skate over plot bumps more easily, and also mitigates the ache of waiting for episodes, both of which are particularly hard during a melodrama (they just work so much better when they can be sweeping, soupy brain-takeovers!). That being said, I’m about to ignore my own advice because I really don’t want to pause this drama and wait to marathon it. So, I’m here for the aches and the plot bumps alike — and for our two brothers and their tale of woe.

And now, with that preamble out of the way, onto thoughts on this week’s episode (the typhoon gypped us of our Wednesday airing so it was just Episode 3 this week). The tone of this drama really struck me last week, and I’m happy to say that it continued just as strongly this week — with a giant side dish of pain. Man, already they are going hard for the brother vs. brother angle, and no matter how swoony Jin is, he seems a bit dangerous, especially next to the innocent adoration of Hwan. But this week we also see a pretty rough side of Hwan as well, so it’s interesting to see both brothers’ flaws simultaneously. There were so many call-out moments — like Ye-ji invited to be a student at the pottery studio, or the farewell she gets at the school — but I gobbled up every moment of the show this week. It felt rich enough to make up for getting only one episode, and I’m falling as hard for the drama as the brothers are for Ye-ji.

quirkycase

Currently Recapping: Forest of Secrets 2

Flower of Evil: This drama isn’t what I expected it to be, and I was kind of disappointed we went the safer (and more cliched) route with Hee-sung’s character. I had to adjust my expectations, but I am enjoying it for the most part. The procedural stuff does bore me, but thankfully, that hasn’t been the main focus. I hope it doesn’t take over as we go forward.

Answer Me 1988: Since I’m going through a bit of a drama slump, I decided it was the perfect time to tackle my to-watch list. Yes, I know; it’s ridiculous that I’m only just now diving into this one. I watched the first episode back when it aired, but I decided to shelve it until I was more in the mood for something slow and slice-of-life-y. Somehow I never got back to it, and I’m finally fixing that oversight. I’m actually glad I already know who’s endgame since I’ve never been a fan of the who’s-the-husband angle of these – now I can just sit back and enjoy.

selena

Currently recapping: Was It Love

My Unfamiliar Family: It’s been so long since I had time to watch something that I’m not recapping! First order of business was to check this show out, since it was so well-loved across the board. I’m about three eps in and I love the imperfect characters that make up the family. I am excited to binge more during the weekend to see what shenanigans they get up to! Currently still giggling about the pouty “22 year-old” Sang-shik and his cute adoration for his wife. I’m eager to see if this helps repair their relationship, or if the damage has already been done.

Tags: , , , , , ,

The Good Detective. This was a good show. I liked and enjoyed it a lot. It wrapped up nicely and had very little to none plot holes or nonsense. Acting was solid, characters were defined and they grew along the show (or at last they learned to accept their flaws). I can’t recommend it enough to all beanies who love police dramas. This is the kind of show I wish would have been recapped as I have to admit I got a little lost in all the politics. But I can guarantee that if you watch it, you’ll enjoy it.

Flower of Evil. Well, this is INTENSE. So many things happening on every episode… and we still have 6 left!! The ending of episode 10 points to Dr. Baek as the accomplice, but the memories of both the witness and HaeSoo suggest is a slimmer person, and those nails? Not the ones of a surgeon… so, what if the accomplice is the real Baek Hee Sung? That would be a total Martin Guerre situation.

Stranger 2. I’m having as much fun watching the episodes as commenting in the recaps with you all, I never thought I would be discussing such deep questions regarding a drama. You are all amazing. The script is solid, our characters are still them and you can see a war coming. Hoping there’s no casualties as some fans are suggesting. Shi Mok and Dong Jae are the real OTP of this show.

Chief Kim is my pill of happiness every night. I watch one episode or two, and I’m having lots of fun. Acting is fantastic, I don’t care a little bit about all the tropes.

I’m planning to watch Missing: the other side which begins today and also I will retake Familiar Wife because I had only seen episode 1, liked it and still don’t know why I didn’t continue watching.

Non Kdrama related, I binge watched S2 of The Umbrella Academy and I found it as entertaining as S1 while I keep adoring Klaus. Also watched the final three episodes of The last Kingdom that I had left aside a couple of months ago, and I don’t know why because I enjoyed them a lot. Uthred son of Uthred is something the eyes of this beanie is always willing to see. A new season has been announced and I can’t be happier.

CHIED KIM!!!!!!!: That drama was such a delight. I too binge watched Umbrella Academy, I would probably be in Klaus's ridiculous cult, lol. I was think the same thing about the real Baek Hee Sung too, but who knows.

I also would have been a Klaus follower, that's for sure!!

I would kind of enjoy the irony of Hyun Soo shedding the identity of suspected accomplice only to unknowingly take the identity of the real accomplice. I understand why some may not like it but it's the kind of ridiculous coincidence that makes k-dramas fun for me.

That's why I said I would be a little disappointed. I'm enjoying the drama so much so far, but that ridiculous coincidence would be too much for me, but... this is dramaland, anything can happen!!

I have been a long time lurker here for years. Stranger 2 is the first show I join the recap discussion. Thanks Beanies for providing insightful and witty comments about various topics. Discussing this drama is one of the best brain boosting activities I have done recently ☺️

Chief Kim is ❤
(And a good drama for our current times - funny and positive)

It really is. I'm having lots of fun with it, and I'm delighted with NGM and LJH bromance!

Chief Kim is on my list!! Gotta get to it soon.

I think I will get to FoE when it finishes - after y'all give your final verdict on the show. I'm still on the fence on this one based on my viewing of ep 1 and half of ep2.

I'm on episode 15 of Chief Kim. I had been delaying it because I don't like 20 episodes dramas, but episodes are 1 hour (not the usual 1 hour and plus) and after watching Healer (which is also 20 episodes) I decided to give it a try, and it is a delight, fun and easy to watch.

Oh, you're at my favorite part of Chief Kim! 😁

It's one of those rare dramas where the final stretch is the best imho. Usually I start losing interest after episode 12, but in this drama it was the opposite!

TQ Psycho X Gluttonous Sociopath 4ever

I love it when they banish Chief Kim to the Hall of Shame!

Chief Kim is so endearing ❤️

Familiar wife is great! Loved Ji Sung’s best friend in the show.

Uhtred! Liked the books...

I didn't read the books, but I do love the tv show. Things are real (well not the leather in every man's outfit but not so much that I cannot handle). For instance, the battles are wonderfully filmed and the fights are real, with no need of big CGI effects. Overall it's a very solid show.

Same!
Looking forward to the new season.

I love seeing Chief Kim get a mention! It's even better on the second viewing since you notice even more of the little details, jokes, and flourishes. Your description, "pill of happiness", is perfect.

Familiar Wife!! It's so good. Flawed but realistic and you'll eventually get enamored with everyone. Captures that feeling of regret, and showing how sometimes it's not all that its meant to be. Character driven show! Plus has a lot of familiar faces too!

This is my fav. Ji Sung/Han Ji Min role to date. Watched this while live watching CLOY, and found this more my tempo romance/character wise. Plus, there's no villain/bad people, and the bank workers are awesome/hilarious (each have their moment to shine!). I discovered Jang Seung Ho here and he was such an awesome friend to both Ji Sung/Han Ji Min's characters.

I'm planning to watch as soon as I finish Chief Kim, only 3 episodes left.

THE LAST KINGDOM is excellent.

Chief Kim aka Good Manager!! I suddenly made the connection. Oh how I loved it. Namkoong Min again at his brilliant, subversive best. It was good for the soul.

He's by far the best thing in the drama!! I loved him already but now I'm totally devoted!

He was so funny and sly (in a good way).

I was just thinking of Namgoong Min! His career path from supporting actor to lead actor in many successful dramas should be studied! His drama choices from his breakthrough career wise in Remember (2015) to now has been amazing to see. More actors who are still stuck in supporting arcs, can study/look at his career to pivot to a higher place. Basically, NGM is the real deal despite being a bit under the radar from international fans.

I watched first two episodes of Alice, which was a great sci-fi drama.

Also, I watched Was It Love lone episode this week which was still the best episode.

I started watching She Was Pretty (MBC) by early episodes on how ugly woman made an unpretty drama.

Here's what I watched the K-dramas in the past years ago, both were nostalgic show. I watched Reply 1988 and Girls Generation 1979 already.

In Reply 1988, I made fun when there was a motionless, photo-like childhood flashbacks.

I remember that scene in Girls Generation 1979 was there were a couple in a cinema with the moment they got bus fare during final episode. Also, I love this scene when female student tried to leave when there's a school radio heard her farewell (I think).

'She Was Pretty' redeems itself in the end and, if I recall correctly, give us one of the best boyfriends in Kdramaland.

Spoilers are ripe for "Watcher". Proceed at your own risk. Anyone wanting a non-spoilery review on the show, read my last para.

So I binged watcher and holy moly this show. I really don't know how to pen down my feelings for it so my comment will most probably appear very haphazard because that's how my feelings for this show are. In an effort to make it more readable I decided to just list down things I loved and things I couldn't understand.
1- THE CHARACTRRS
i)- They were truly amazing. Be it Han Tae Joo or Do Chi Gwang. Not necessarily likable nor were their choices many times the morally right ones that is typically the characteristic of a protagonist of a usual kdrama. Tbh I was very surprised when TJ betrays our police duo the first time. Not what I expected but true of the character. She never cared about justice or had any trust in the police. It was established from there on out that she would do anything to get her hands on the guy behind her torture. The guy who destroyed her and and her husband both physically and emotionally. I wanted her to be firm on the side of justice, on the side of police but that's exactly what the show wanted to break early on. Han Tae Joo is only on her revenge's side. Therefore the second time she betrays the police by offering the chief prosecutor a way out of the trap that the police had laid for him (trusting her) I was livid with her. But the writer does a good job of making us understand her. As the episode went on I understood that she actually made the right choice. She was right to not trust the police, with chief prosecutor or the turtles blood!! She was strong when she finally faces turtle, even managing to hurt him and make him bleed but the scene that stole the show was the final confrontation between the turtle and her. That scene was so profound that I'm having trouble writing about it. No crime drama has ever made me cry, but a tear rolled down my face with that confrontation scene. How Han Tae Joo lowers her gun, how Yeong Goon tries to kill him how all of them try to stop him(Han Tae Joo's effort stood out the most here) it was all truly amazing. From here on out something changed within TJ when she realizes that the turtle she's after is actually dead [like woaah that was a plot twist I didn't see coming. I actually felt really stupid because weren't there enough clues? He said the same humanity line and he even tried to (or actually cut it I don't remember,..?) the victim's thumb but we never suspect him because he dies soon after that]. Her character development through this scene was very well done. How her relationship evolves with Young Goon from here on out is another thing that I loved about the show. I cannot do justice to her character no matter how much I write but Saya does a better job of it in her review.
ii)- Some of the most disturbing scenes (apart from the torture scenes) were those that involved Do Chi Gwang.
The police officers watch the criminals...

The police officers watch the criminals. Do Chi Gwang is the watcher who watches the corrupt police officers and high ranking officials. And who watches Do Chi Gwang? I think it was well established that he too needs watching. Who watches the watcher was one of the main themes of the drama. The answer is Young Goon. He watches Do Chi Gwang and Han Tae Joo and Jo Soo Hyeon watch Young Goon. If this team keeps looking out for each other they can keep each other from crossing the line. I think a parallel can be drawn between this team and the team with Young Goon's father. If Do Chi Gwang and the rest of the team had successfully managed to watch Young Goon' s father, he may have never started the Giant's club.
iii)- Young Goon was another character that stood out. It's so hard to believe that it's the same guy who played the shy, soft bumbling guy in "When the Weather is Fine". His performance here was truly magnificent. I never saw Eun Seop-ah in him. He embodied the role perfectly.
iv)- Han Tae Joo's adorable body guard and his loyalty to Han Tae Joo and our crime scene specialist Jo Soo Hyeon too deserve a mention.
When Young Goon finds out who killed his mother, I love how Han Tae Joo and Jo Soo Hyeon both visit his apartment to make him feel better. That scene was so heart warming. And best of all Young Goon did feel better because of their company as is visible by his light composure and the smile on his face when they leave. It's a direct contrast to when he immediately becomes stiff with a hard expression replacing the smile as soon as Jang Hyo Rang appears.
v)- The only weak character I would say was Tae Joo's ex husband, lawyer Yoo. I could not understand the reasoning behind his actions at all. First of all why in the devil's name would anyone try to help the organisation that directly caused the torture that gave him those emotional and physical scars. The reasoning that he wanted to release the preparator and take his own revenge wasn't convincing enough honestly. Especially because to do that he kidnapped two people and tried to torture them the same way that he was tortured. I understand where his resentment for his ex-wife comes from but why did he kidnapp Young Goon? Also how sick do you actually have to be to actually make someone else go through the same pain that has ruined you. Someone totally unrelated to that individual incident (I'm talking about Young Goon).

2- On the story's front, I really enjoyed the mystery. We all knew that the turtle was a cop so I wasn't even surprised when his face was revealed but taking you by surprise was never the intention. I have talked about this scene above, but imma say it again-- it was so emotionally profound that being surprised or underwhelmed wasn't important. The "more than one turtle across the timeline" was an interesting twist though.

3- I was however left confused with the events of the time when Young Goon' s father, Jae Myung, was in the force. I don't think it was explained clearly or I'm just stupid that I didn't really get it (on that note dramabean reviews would have helped so much 😭). I know that Jae Myung started the society and the intention was to murder those criminals above the law. He was betrayed by Park Jin Woo who then took control of the society and also started managing the gangs. How exactly was he betrayed? What happened that day when Young Goon's mother died? What did Chi Gwang mean when he phoned that day and said "because I trusted you Hyung, so many ppl died" Did he mean those criminals? If so, then this means Chi Gwang was aware that Jae Myung was part of the society and directly caused those murders but I thought he only found out that Jae Myung was the head of the originator of the society when he listens to the recording Jae Myung left for Young Goon. Why does Jang Hyo Rang even visits Young Goon' s home that day? Is he looking to murder Jae Myung on Park Jin Woo's order? So many questions for that day were sadly left unanswered.
4- The last twist about Commissioner Yeom I found unnecessary. Don't see any reason she had Park Jin Woo killed. He was retiring anyway and she was a rank higher than him already. So what was the motive? Also why did Chi Gwang have to have her transfer to the national assembly? He already got his team back and having her here would work to his advantage on the whole, won't it?
5- I have also been wondering about the organ trafficking case. Why was it not tied with the whole? I'm pretty sure that too was operated by the Jang Society because they even killed manager Kim and the prosecutor involved in it, but it was never brought up again. Also the first case where the first turtle is killed by detective Jang. I thought there was more to play here and that it would eventually be tied to Jang Society but no mention of it was made again.
6- This is a relatively small quip but I have been wondering how exactly did the turtle immediately find out about the ledger being in Young Goon's possession. Did they have cameras installed in his home? Though Young Goon doesn't find anything when he looks for potential bugs and cameras after he finds the cameras installed in the office by Jo Soo Hyeon. How else do they know because he doesn't go anywhere or calls anyone except for Chi Gwang. The only explanation is that they had a bug installed on his phone but I would have appreciated some clarification about this.
On the whole I really enjoyed the show and would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys crime and thrillers. It is a bit more dark and gory than usual through if that puts anyone off. The ending imo was fitting with the possibility of the Jang Society to surface again anytime they want. It was left open for a potential season 2 and I would definitely be up for it!!

I thought, among police procedurals, Watcher was a *much* better show than Signal, actually, and not really understood the fan following for the latter. Watcher is far more dark (and fortunately no time travel), and tight, and superbly directed. Glad you enjoyed it!

I loved, loved Watcher.
Best police show I’ve watched only behind Stranger (after all they share the same director).
I understand what you say and your points, my main point of distraction was the Korean Greek God SKJ 😉

Korean Greek God :D You are so right. He is exactly that!

It's been a while since I live-watched Watcher, but I think I can try to answer some of your questions.

3. What happened to Kim Jae-myung 15 years ago:

With the Jang Society crossing into far darker areas than he'd originally intended (not just stuff like roughing up suspects or planting evidence, but actually murdering criminals and hiding the bodies), Jae-myung tried to close it down by threatening his fellow members with evidence of their illegal activities. Park Jin-woo sent Jang Hae-ryong to reason with, or threaten, Jae-myung, but Jang Hae-ryong accidentally killed Jae-myung's wife instead.

Shortly before Jae-myung's wife was killed, both Chi-gwang and the oldest member of their team Officer Jang (not to be confused with Jang Hae-ryong) started to wonder why they were making arrests so easily, and why suspects were disappearing.

Unluckily for Officer Jang, the person he confronted was Park Jin-woo, who couldn't help bragging that it was he, not Jae-myung, who'd organised the more serious JangSoc crimes. When Officer Jang swore he'd expose him, Park murdered Officer Jang.

In contrast to Officer Jang, Chi-gwang was getting things totally wrong. When he caught Jae-myung trying to investigate Officer Jang's disappearance, he thought Jae-myung had murdered Officer Jang as well as the missing criminals. When he found Jae-myung's wife, he was convinced that he'd murdered her too. That was when Chi-gwang made a huge error of judgement: unable to prove that Jae-myung had murdered Officer Jang and the missing criminals, Chi-gwang decided to plant evidence that would get Jae-myung arrested for his wife's murder. (Later, Han Tae-joo found the real evidence in Jae-myung's flat, i.e. Hae-ryong's DNA, and was tortured as a result.)

So I think Chi-gwang had always suspected that Jae-myung of murder but only as one of the members of JangSoc. The irony is that Jae-myung hadn't killed anyone but was in fact the founder of JangSoc.

Really really appreciate this. I was hella confused because these events weren't making sense to me but you put things in perspective for me. Thank you so much 🌟

My pleasure! But I don't think I've fully grasped the story either. That organ trafficking thing seemed to go nowhere...

4. I didn't like the final Commissioner Yeom twist either, but I think being Park's direct boss did put her in a very difficult position. At best, she might have unwittingly enabled some of his crimes. At worst, she might be suspected of having ordered them. Since he was guilty anyway, why not just let Jang Hae-ryong kill him?

5. Didn't Jang Hae-ryong kill the first turtle, Kim Kang-wook, in order to save Young-goon's life? It was kind of a manifestation of JHR's guilt over killing YG's mother, and not anything to do with JangSoc.

6. I think everyone had always suspected that Jae-myung had the ledger, so YG was the most likely person to end up with it after his father's death.

P.S. I love Watcher!

Agreed about 4.
5- I understand the importance of that case as stand alone but the second case regarding organ trafficking was definitely managed by Jang Society. Han Tae Joo herself says that the case is bigger than they guessed and cannot be tackled this simply. Later manager Kim and prosecutor are killed. I just thought it would be mentioned, atleast once, in association with Jang Society later on.
6- Again agreed. But I still wanted one small mention of how exactly did they so *immediately* know that Young Goon had found it. They did mention that they must be watching him but he found the ledger inside his home and he immediately goes to his laptop. He looks at what is and calls Do Chi Gwang and in a few minutes he hears someone sneaking in. The only answer is that his laptop or phone were bugged but I just needed a mention of it. Ofc though it's a very small quip and overall I defo enjoyed the show v much.

I loved Watcher, too, and have always been surprised that it doesn't have a vocal fanbase. You are right about the first betrayal being a complete shock! I love it when a Kdrama can still surprise me. The three main characters were such a great combination with their own motivations and weaknesses.

I loved Watcher. It was an underrated beanie show. The slow mos were a little silly, but overall it was a fine police procedural and all the actors were top notch.

One of my faves from 2019.

Oh, how I loved the slow-mos and the music accompanying them... tried to relive that feeling by listening to the OST but it didn't work that well without the slow mo :)

Frankly I sort of forgot the slo-mos but I loved seeing SKJ in kick-ass mode.

Thanks for reminding me of the this drama--I've intended to watch it since it came on the scene. I now have it on my list and it's "Next Up."

Men are Men: Honestly, I am waiting to be put out of my misery with this one, lol. I’m glad the cast and crew is COVID free though. Bring on the mediocrity, I mean the last two episodes.

The Good Detective: It was a cute ending. I would have preferred they made the mystery of his father’s killer stay a mystery or make it part of the story. It was just a little pat for me. As for the Chief trap for Oh Jung Tae, well, damn. However, one of my criticisms of the show remain, they take death and murder really lightly. Everyone who should have been punished more severely was let off. Superintendent Moon was left off by being fired, Sang Mi seemed to get promoted for perjuring herself, Chief Jung Seok killed himself so never had to go jail, hell even Seo Kyung managed to get away with not releasing the tape when it may have helped in court. The only people who truly seemed to be punished were Detective Nam, Oh Jing Tae, and poor Lee Dae Chul. Despite that, I would watch a second season if they offered it because I did enjoy the rest of it.

When I was beautiful: Completely forgot we were getting one episode today, I may or may not go back to it. The 2nd episode left me cold, so we shall see.

Flower of Evil: Wooof, so the cat (mixed metaphors, yeah, lol) is out of the bag. He knows that she knows, and she knows that he knows, and the police now know too. These last 6 episodes should be good. I’m glad they both know that there is love there. Also was anyone else confused about why the real Baek Hee Sung was acting the way he was acting. You would think that he would want to get better first, and then his parents would ease him into life, but apparently not. Also how was it not obvious it was his mother’s voice on that tape. Also it seems clear there is going to be some connection with the families of the real Baek Hee Sung and Do Hyun Su. Is Baek Hee Sung the apprentice? Or is Hyun Su’s mother the apprentice. I’m excited to see what happens.

Alice: Terrible CGI and worst wiggery, yikes, that was so distracting. I’m not sure about the drama. I can see where it is trying to go, but I’m not sure it knows how to get there. Also we have another PSYCHOPATH and a GENIUSSSS and the theme seems to be mothers. SIGH, I rolled my eyes when it turned out he was a psychopath and the reasoning maybe chuckle too. I will give it a 2nd episode. @eazal this is where you stop.

I don’t understand why this sophisticated time traveler somehow became a frumpy ajumma who loses all of her skills. She starts off super fancy with fighting skills(choreography was so bad) and then keeps tripping as she is running away from the drone. I understand they needed to get there because of plot, but they honestly could have done better. Also Min Hyeok never went back in time to see how his child and the woman he loves are doing. I don’t get it. Also kdramas need to stop doing psychopaths if they can’t do them correctly. Watching Jin Gyeom wail over his mother would have been...

I saw this article it says that while Men Are Men resumed filming for the final time with the final two episodes, it was now due to safe protocols on Covid-19, it was used sets inside the KBS broadcasting station.

Same thoughts on Good Detective.

I hear you about Alice. The minute you said terrible CGI I knew it was not for me, it’s something I can’t deal with. Too many years watching sci-fi shows has made me picky on that field.

As always, totally agree with (the agony of) Men are Men and also The Good Detective, “death was taken too lightly” you are so right!! I wrote about this in my wall.

"I don’t understand why this sophisticated time traveler somehow became a frumpy ajumma who loses all of her skills"

THIS WAS THE ONLY THING ON MY MIND

It was so strange, right? Like, what happened. lol

she started dressing like a middle aged ajumma at age 30 too. like what happened to those leather tights and high heels.

I need to watch this huh? I loved the teaser w/ Karma Police, genius song choice. Bummer at her becoming dowdier at the end. Maybe this is a one time thing and we see her return to bad ass leather get ups lol?

I still don't understand, I just watched episode 2 and I am 100% out. It didn't make any sense. It made me sad because there is some good chemistry happening, but wow, just NO. @soulsearch12, unless you can delete your thinking cap and just watch without trying to make it make sense, don't bother friend.

@kafiyah-bello I'm reading comments left and right on here and elsewhere, and it seems mixed? I really like Joo Won/Kim Hee Sun a lot, and I actually like that there's a mother/son bond and dynamic than a romantic one, plus its way stronger.

Sci-fi+K-dramas are 50/50. There's only a few that used the time travel aspect very well, but most if not majority of them don't explain the time travel/sci-fi aspect quite well, so most times I accept it if the other aspects are more thorough.

Will put this on the watchlist and see if Ep 3/4 gets better reviews...

@soulsearch12, the mother and son chemistry was part of the good chemistry I mentioned, if a tad unbelievable because in real life they are only 10 years apart and look it. It is the rest of it that had me like, this doesn't make any sense, why is this happening, WTF, and WHAT?? were my exclamations😂😂😂 as I watched. But I hope you enjoy it even if I didn't.

The reason is ....... She went undercover 😆

😂😂😂, okay. That makes as much sense as the rest of the drama, so we will go with it.

LOL. You, me, and @eazal are just waiting for this to end. And yes I'm waiting for the final two episodes. The concept was interesting but halfway through the show turned into a revenge melodrama which isn't what I signed up for. Again script wise its clunky and overdrawn, still going to stick through lol!

Basically!!!!

Long time no see, Beanies, I hope you are all doing fine despite the Covid craziness. 😘
I had a break from drama-watching, as I have been visiting my family in my home country for more than a month. So nice to see all of them after such a long time! We had a lovely summer which is, sadly, now over, the new school year starts next Tuesday.

Anyway, I'm behind with old dramas (I still have to finish Psycho and Into the Ring) and haven't yet started anything new. I only checked a Chinese drama Heiress which has a brilliant casting of the female lead as she actually DOES look like a man when she crossdresses (she has to pretend she is her brother from some political reasons).

I also apparently missed the latest episodes of the best rom-com of the year Azzo and the Sticky Note Guy. And... OMG THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED! And soon! 😍 Big big big congratulations!!! @azzo1 May your love for each other never ceases... and may you always keep your laughs and teasing! 🙂 💕😘

Cricket - Time to move forward and wait for December

Japan -

Furo Girl - 7/10 i like half hour advertisement and puffed face sakurai.

My Housekeeper Mr. Nagisa - 7 out of 10. Recent episodes are disappointing and now the show is has left all level of professionalism and showing its true shoujo face. Only 9 episodes.

Hanzawa Naoki 2 - 8 out of 10. Too entertaining. Yeah yeah we have super hero here but still its fun. Can we call this a gary stu drama!!?

Nina my Love - 6.5/10 Heroine was from start the same as villain and writer going ahead with why villain is villain route once more.

16 Shoukougun - 4/10 - cliche and some spicy stuff but still too underwhelming to have any +ve views. manga to live-action

We are not ourselves - 4/10 shoujo trash and continue to be a soap opera.

Korea -
so one gary stu drama is considered good kdrama of 2020. Well, everyone has their own set criteria but don't impose your likes on someone else. I accept the view but by no means i acknowledge it at all. In my views its trash and in someone else's eyes its good - Good balance of views.

Stranger - This is a new show that somehow attaches itself to another show so whether you need it to compare with earlier show or not is upto your own judgement. For me its a new show - more like switching of a manager into new position.
Hero-Heroine - YES - have less screentime and that's what makes them one more employee of the whole system, Yup they are not hero-heroine this time around. Heros have much more leverage and plot tools in hand to make use of them and move ahead without much problems. This was much the issue with earlier show but this time around they are little less in your face. This you can treat as a positive. This show is much like facemasks - The act to save their face and define their acts in way to have most out of those said actions. Here same politics is happening. Forget the reforms, when both sides are busy pointing fingers at others and keeping their facemasks.
Both want the power to affect MNCs as well as Political parties. Afterall they need bonus for being at that position.
common man is the just a pawn in the game.
Direction is actually week
Story is week - Writer is trying to be way oversmart and have not much of view how to deal with whole scenario. What was in episode 3-4 you easily see daily on various onine forum discussions. Direct copy-paste job. This show is more of milking the brand. For Now it is.

Now those sci-fi fantasy shows - Recently 3-5 shows came and all of them are trash. Next in line is the one that just started airing. Don't expect any logic - very much same for the audience.

Beautiful Nonsense - trash is trying hard to give competitons to shoujo trash.
Seems like Kdrama world is trying hard to prove my view of 2nd half always being better than one.

The Great war of Arc - 6.5/10 manga to live-action. entertaining movie with same cliche gary stu hero. Hamabe is the heroine of superhero movie and i'm gonna use the same words i used for Alhambra's heroine - a prop whose job is to do smooch or appease the superhero. But thankfully she's somewhat more useful than Kirsten dunst. One time worth watch Because objective of this manga aka the source is quite good.

China -

Su Yu - Trash 3/10
Happiness soup - 4/10 - Writer surely hates famales. Not a single one of the female is a good human being. Hero is naive, gullible and at times doormat idiot as well as a bit conserv.
Midsummer - another teen trash 4/10
Love Yourself - 4.5/10 - too much pseudo feminist. Show does have some good points
My U girl - 4/10- trash - same story, different actors aka literal porn.

The Secret Life Of My Secretary- SO CUTE. It's such an easy, light watch but with plenty of heart that I loved it all the way till the end, which is not always the case with kdramas. I was considering picking another drama after the first episode because I was feeling kinda meh about the show and I went in with a dislike for Kim Young Kwang, but soon I started seeing him as his character and not as the actor and he actually did a really good job with the role. The leads were cute together and while it had cliches it also did them in a refreshing way, like a second female lead that was kinda AWESOME in her own right, the outcome of the CEO vote, and a minimal amount of time spent on the few characters that were annoying (the moms, uncle) etc. This show picks up after 1-2 episodes and stays solid.
Her Private Life- on episode 12 now, there's actually not that much happening in the plot, but I really like the leads and their relationship. They are cute and I like how they support and respect eachother so far.

Awwww, the fish drama, lol. We beanies had fun with that one. RIP fish, RIP.

No lie, this has the more steamier and better chemistry wise for me than What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. While I like Park Min Young/Park Seo Joon a smidge more (Their skin-ship!), I thought the characters in TSLOMS were more distinct, and I loved her blind brother!

Was It Love (Episode 15)
Sometimes I wonder what goes on in the writing room when it comes to designing a character like CEO Wang: he has 0 purpose aside from forcing Ae Jung to reunite with Ryu Jin and Dae Oh at the start and comes back into the plot when it is convenient enough for him to cause more trouble for Ae Jung. Do the writers actually take the viewers as fools who can’t see an obvious plot device for what it is? Then again, we’ve been served yet another narratively pointless conflict with CEO Song’s revenge that may just lead to noble idiocy next week. In the very last episode! At this point it is stupid.

Flower of Evil (Episode 9-10)
It is quite coincidental that Moo Jin didn’t realise his recorder went missing, given that he was whacked some time ago on the head. I’m okay suspending a tiny bit of disbelief on that since Hee Sung himself also lost his watch at the village and didn’t bother looking for it. Correct me if I’m wrong: did the show imply that the personality disorder diagnosis that the psychiatrist gave was a false positive? If so, hurray! For one, we don’t have to worry about possible sensationalism and for two, this also implies that Hee Sung’s ‘heart attacks’ are just repressed emotions rather than a terminal illness.

Graceful Friends (Pre-finale review)
There was so much potential in this that I find it a shame that the show progressed the way it did. I was thinking of any theory possible to connect the two eerily similar-looking deaths of the professor and Kang San but the show ended up revealing that there was no link between the past and the present. To which I say, then what was the point of including the death in the past? Man Sik being the past killer was a reveal that had 0 narrative impact because everyone already knew it except for the baited viewers who thought the story was more complex than it actually was. Won’t recommend!

Men Are Men (Pre-finale review)
Dinner Mate may have had two crazy exes chasing after both leads but I think the ahjumma in here more than easily wins the award for the most obsessive ex ever by chasing after his reincarnation using her daughter. If that does not sound crazy enough, the male lead chases after the female lead not because he liked her or anything but because his past self loved her past self which the show somehow portrays as being romantic. There’s also the overbearing 2nd male lead which I’m sure Seo Ji Hoon is bored to death acting that out by now. Please do not watch this show!

I've thought Hee Sung's "heart attacks" were panic attacks.

Lol yeah again same thoughts on men are men.

I totally agree with you about the Men are Men nonsense. I had the same thought comparing crazy Ahjumma to insane Dinner Mate exes.
Also there is nothing in this timeline that explains why FL and ML are attracted to each other but their supposed love in the past.
Still, I can’t stop watching 🤷🏼‍♀️

I salute you for finishing WAS IT LOVE. From your comments I assume they haven't yet made the sageuk film yet? (and probably never will, unless it happens during a... TIME SKIP). 😁

Just finished watching Mystic Pop-Up Bar and it was a home run! Lots of heart, lovable characters, and just a very nice family drama 😍

Also about to watch the last episode of House Of Wheels! Gonna miss that trio especially Jin Goo. 😫

I'm excited to see him back in a drama/film.

That will be nice- but you have to admit that the HOTEL DEL LUNA re-union in episodes 7 and 8 of HOUSE ON WHEELS was really nice to watch.

What will I do without HOUSE ON WHEELS?

MYSTIC POP UP BAR was a great show which transcended drama: It was great storytelling. One of the best shows of the year.

Beautiful show! It made me a Hwang Jung Eum fan, which I know what lol?! Seriously she was tailor made for the role. I loved Choi as well, he looked really good here. Sweet and tender show about the human experience and what it means to be here in this earth, and getting by life. I had a tear falling down by the end lol.

i'm so glad I didn't recognise Hwang jung Eum until it was over.

Bahaha, trust me, she does look slightly diff. compared to Kill Me Heal Me Days oof her screeching. I feel like when she's allowed to not be a caricature, she's very good and bring a role that only she can play to life well like MPUB.

It was her role in Kill Me Heal Me that nearly destroyed me. Ji Sung and Park Seo-joon were so outstanding, and then there was HJE. She was supposed to be a professional, and the screeching was beyond imagining ... So thankfully I didn't recognise her in MOUB and loved her character. It's astonishing because I'd written her off, and this was after seeing her in Secret Love and She was Pretty, in both of which I tolerated her for the same two male leads.

I actually thought her performance in Secret Love was more natural and believable than Ji Sung's. Then again, maybe her role just made more sense than his. But IMO her screeching in Kill Me Heal Me ruined a perfectly good character. That was when I started avoiding her shows...

She played a tragic role in Secret Love, and it was the best of anything I'd seen her in before MPUB. To be fair, she was convincing in that too. But like you, after KMHM....

And I'm unapologetically biased when it comes to Ji Sung. He can do no wrong, as far as I'm concerned.

Ji Sung is more old school in terms of his acting (A lot of early 2000s actors were), and even he said how he was worried if his acting after military would be. More theatrical than nuanced, but when he's good, he's really good. Plus, I like him a lot as a human and not bad on the eyes ;)

I haven't watched any recent Ji Sung dramas, but I love the guy and get the impression he's making steady progress as an actor. On the other hand, at the time of KMHM and She Was Pretty, HJE kind of turned her back on the good work she did in Golden Time and Secret Love and adopted that weird screechy shtick. I'm just glad she is acting well again.

@knewbie He gives off a more every day man performance in Familiar Wife. I heard he was very gripping in Defendant. You should watch him in My P.S Partner, he was a hoot there! I really enjoyed him in Confession where he played a more serious role there. But I love him as a person, he's a good family man and he and his wife donate to children's hospitals a lot.

As for HJE, she has a knack for physical comedy, but sometimes it can be a bit much. A director needs to help her tone that down. But I'm watching Men Are Men, and she's more toned down there. No screeching and lots of crying lol. Reminds me that she can be a good actor once she tries.

The Good Detective: I really liked this drama. The acting and writing were solid; What really made this drama work were the characters.

Flower of Evil: This drama has really hooked me. I’m always in the mood for melodrama, and the first 10 episodes have done melodrama very well. Lee Jun-ki and Moon Chae-won have been fantastic and the emotional beats are really really working for me. The 'breakup' scene in Episode 9 and phone call between Ji Won and Hyun Soo in Episode 10 ... It hurts so good.

Alice: Three emotionless heroes in dramaland at once. This one has a unique reason for it though. I enjoyed the first episode. It covered a lot of ground while setting up Joo Won's character and giving an introduction to Alice. Joo Won sees future mom at the end. Hottie future dad next?

Forest of Secrets 2: Seo Dong-jae is the saving grace of this season for me. He was at his weaselly best in Episode 4 with a little sincerity thrown in. Yeo Jin and Shi-Mok’s storyline bores me.

How Do You Play: I don't think I'll enjoy the Refund Sisters quite as much as SSAK3. SSAK3 had an easy chemistry whereas the Refund Sisters are ... A lot. At least Jessi is. I would have been like Hwasa at that first meeting and just concentrated on the lobster.

The weasel is by far the most interesting character in this drama.

He really is lmao. He was a total scene stealer there!

I really enjoyed Stranger 1. But I will say that the pacing of this show is more on the slow side. Even with that said, I'm not clamored to watch S2 right away. I watched 1 episode, but I'm not like dying to live-watch S2 rn.

Flower of Evil: This is what solid pacing looks like. I'm not as fascinated by who the bad guy is as how these people are going to go forward living their lives after the bad guy gets his comeuppance. I am a horrible scene skipper, but I don't want to miss any of this show so I am not even tempted.

Forest of Secrets: It's fine. I lower expectations for second season k-drama. So far am more interested in the battle between cops and prosecutors than the corporate shenanigans.

Khondae Intern: Finished this one up. This worked really well as an ensemble workplace drama with the bromance between the intern and manager. It had quirky comedy all over the place which I loved, one of the best wrist grab scenes in all k-drama, and a shocker twist that I didn't see coming. However, corporate backstabbing is boring even when it is done in the over-the-top way seen here so kind of a mixed bag. I do appreciate a drama brave enough not to throw romance in the mix unnecessarily.

C-drama: Love and Destiny - This drama had a really solid story with solid arcs for all the characters, not just the leads. I would say much more so than a lot of other more hyped C-dramas. But, oh my gosh, the human suffering realm went on waaaaaay too long and I had to start skipping. This is so unfortunate. It would have made a great 40 episode drama, but it was 60 episodes. Oy

Men are Men: Officially Dropped at episode 5. I've been keeping an eye out on his one, and I'm not seeing anything that makes me think I need to jump back in. .

Honestly men are men isn't worth it. I find it very boring.

I thought the original concept of Men are Men was interesting but the execution is pretty bad. I appreciate those who kept watching so I didn't have to ;)

I'm only watching because it's 2 episodes left and I can mainly FF. If I didn't live watch it, there's no way I would have passed episode 6, so you are a wise beanie.

Intensely so.

Lackluster tbh. I was actually looking forward to HJE and YHM pairing, but I'm disappointed b/c the PD of Chief Kim did this show but failed big time on the comedy aspect. These two actors have been in better romance/rom-coms, I'm sticking it for them tbh.

*adds Khondae Intern to list*

Wow.. I don’t know why all the recappers speak my mind. As for FoS2, I know that I, too, was not in the mood so I haven’t gone back to it since ep.2. And as dearest @ndlessjoie and like-minded recapper @missvictrix suggest, it seems like I’ll really have to try When I Was the Most Beautiful.

Finished:

1. Goblin: I love it. And by ‘it’ I think I mean Gong Yoo. 😂😂😂😂😂

And Goblin has lots of nice and catchy osts.

The OST was great! Gong Yoo was so great as a warrior. I want a sageuk with him.

Anything with him (well, ahem not zombies) is fine with me. *wink*

And if you want to find more BGM that’s not on the official OST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU_4YFeTxn_k1YR7aUH9AN9hnvhRvotqx

I checked out your link and those tracks sound awesome! I’m not really a music person but I guess those must be pretty useful for people working in the entertainment industry. 🤩

I'm going to leave you a couple links to when I went to Canada because of Goblin and the write up I did for DB about it too (I was obsessed with this show)!

Omg you really went there! You guys look amazing and the trip looks wonderful! Oh my heart. I need to save a bit for my trip there. It’d be really nice to follow our dear show’s footsteps.

We all love Gong Yoo, don't we?

*-*

Gong Yoo is the singular reason I didn't drop Goblin after episode 1. My love for him is so strong I finished a drama I despised!! Ha.

🤩

Goblin is soooo good and when I say Goblin, I pretty much mean Gong Yoo too. I went into withdrawal when it ended that I had to watch it again—this time with all my friends!

I can relate to that 😱. Gong Yoo is charming and so swoon-worthy I am questioning myself how come I wasn’t interested in Goblin or Gong Yoo earlier.

I think When I Was the Most Beautiful is going to be painful, so I won't blame you if you drop it.

Ok. Noted that. I can’t tolerate anything if it’s too dramatic and has unsatisfactorily sad ending...

MEN ARE MEN: (on Virus hold)
WAS IT LOVE? (Episode 15): One of the better episodes of the series because it actually opened up the characters to each other in a realistic way. Because of the Covid shutdowns, KBS America began a rerun of BECKY'S BACK, a show that also asked the question "who is the father?" but in a more coherent and funny way.
ONCE AGAIN: Mother's alcohol dementia was written well. It sets the foundation for the eventual happy ending for her sons.
Variety:
HOUSE ON WHEELS: The Ha Ji Won episodes were great. It is nice to have the guests contribute to outing (her brunch bagels and cooking skills were a surprise). When filmed, there was uncertainty for a second season. Clearly, I vote for it.
PROBLEM CHILD IN THE HOUSE & RUNNING MAN: Still watch these shows more for the guest interaction and their stories which are now harder to find since the networks canceled all their weekly entertainment shows.
HOW DO YOU PLAY?: I really do not know whether the Refund Sisters arc will match the success of the SSAK3 story.

The mother's alcoholic dementia plotline was a stroke of genius in ONCE AGAIN: I just wonder if it is possible to squeeze two weddings into the final 3 weekends.

I don't want the Doctor couple to marry nor have a child at the end. For them, communication is what was needed and now that's been established, things are looking better for their future. Now JS and DH getting married would be very cute/nice send-off for the show.

I think there should be a "double" wedding--especially since both sisters have been married before.

I really enjoyed Becky's Back.

1. Flower of Evil: Ep 9-10 This week's episodes have been my favorite. Like both the leads acting and in my opinion the drama is getting better.

2. Was it love: Ep 13-14 Not much to say about this.
3. Men are men: This I am watching just for the sake of finishing. Feels like not much happens in the drama.

4. Into the ring: Ep 5 Picked it back up now that it has finished and since I am not starting anything new. As of now I am not too interested.

My fellow citizens: Eps 1-11 I had already started it but had put it on hold to watch SD1D. Watched the first two episodes again so that I could watch the whole thing with my sister. We both are enjoying it. I like the humor. It's fun and my sister seems to love it. We ended up watching 10 episodes in two days.

What happens to my family: Ep 25-26 This is when the drama starts to get interesting when we get to the suing.

I realised I need some time off and decided to take a break from DB and other sites and even discord for a while starting from tomorrow. I will ofcourse be watching my unfinished dramas and am not planning on starting anything new for a while either.

I don’t know why you decided to take a break from here, but I believe you know it best. Come back soon though.. I’ll wait for your return. I actually got a lot of support from lovely Beanies here. 🙃

Hope you're doing well. Come back whenever you feel like.

I share your thoughts about Men are Men.
Take your break and come back whenever you feel it will be fine. We all need time for ourselves!

It's good to take a break. I'm not as crazy addicting to K-dramas as I used to be. It's a good thing really.

Do take a break if you need it.
You can always come back when you're ready :)

We'll miss you.

Good Detective honestly I found the story pretty disapointing. I didn't like how everybody was choosing the narrative of facts for themselves. Nobody was really punished for what he/she did. The actors were good.

When I Was the Most Beautiful I found the little brother a little bit naive. When his brother asked if he had feelings, he didn't answer. And he can't have a relationship with her now... I really like the different places.

Alice I need to watch it.

Missing: The Other Side I'm curious about it.

Forest of Secrets Not a big fan of politics and battle of power... But Shi Mok is funny without knowing it.

Doctor Prisoner the story is not very credible.

Please, keep sharing your thoughts about Doctor Prisoner, I was thinking about watching it.

I second @kurama, nothing in Doctor Prisoner is credible. Most of it is in fact nonsense. However, I was slightly entertained by it.

I watched Doctor Prisoner last year and if my memory serves me right this show is mostly about manipulation for power, greed & revenge. The acting is good but I have to agree with Kurama as plot wise, it's a bit far fetched.

I wasn't much impressed by, Doctor Prisoner, or Doctor John. They certainly aren't on my 'watch again list.'

I don't know if I will watch all the episodes... Watching the ML helping a psychopath to get sick so he can leave the prison, it's not really fun...

The only thing good about Doctor John, was Lee Kyu Hyung's acting--it was amazing. He also did an amazing job in, Prison Playbook.

The ML was Ji Sung, wasn't he?

Yes, but frankly he Ji Sung isn't a favorite of mine. He was great in Defendant, and Familiar Wife was OK, but his other dramas just haven't hit the spot for me. I couldn't get past episode 1 of Kill Me, Heal Me.

Currently watching:
Stranger - O M G. :o :0 :O o.o O.O O·O How does this show just keep getting better and better with every episode!! Even as I'm typing this out, I am sooo keen to watch the next episode (which I will do after posting this comment :P) I'm surprised I didn't watch Stranger when it first came out, but at the same time I'm glad I didn't because I honestly don't know how I would've coped waiting for new episodes every week >< Only 4 episodes left but I'm going to try cherish every moment of this amazing drama before it ends~~

Hospital Playlist Throwback - Dancing Chu is adorable haha :) She's actually such a charming actress and so so talented~ and gosh, watching her tear up in that ep8 scene from the throwback clip just hit me so much harder ;-; Chu Min Ha went through a lot :'( I'm super excited to see her come back in the next season!

Sooo with holidays coming around soon in less than a month's time (eeek ^^), I'm debating between picking up either Nokdu Flower or Memorials/Into the Ring. Which one should I get to watching first? I know for a fact I'll be joining in the fun for Stranger 2 very soon, so that's also on my to-watch list but do feel free to give me other recommendations otherwise~~~

Anyways, hope you all have a lovely week as usual!

Not having watched Nokdu Flower (and not being a sageuk fan, tbh), I would definitely recommend Into The Ring - romcom, super OTP, great music, TONS of fun mingled with some (minorly) serious stuff and occasional reality checks.

Since you haven't watched NOKDU FLOWER (2019) I feel I should put a plug in for it. It's possibly the best sageuk I've seen in recent years, but it's not a light watch. It deals with the final years of Joseon, the Donghak Peasant Revolution and aftermath. The wonderful storytelling means that you never lose sight of the human characters caught in the historical events. Han Ye-ri, Yoon Shi-yoon, Jo Jung-suk, and all the cast were terrific.

There is of course the confusingly named TALE OF NOKDU which came out in the same year and is a much lighter drama with cross-dressing and more fun and romance. Maybe that's more your thing @pickleddragon? ;)

The really well done MR SUNSHINE also deals with the final years of Joseon. It is also the only Sageuk where the male lead is an officer of the Unites States Marine Corps.

NOKDU FLOWER actually works as a nice prequel to MR. SUNSHINE.

Mr Sunshine is still my top sageuk as of right now. Although it's been nearly two years since I watched it, I still get sad thinking about the ending :'(

Nokdu Flower sounds so intense but I love dramas that hook me in from the beginning :) And of course after watching Hospital Playlist with Jo Jung Suk and My Unfamiliar Family with Han Ye Ri, I knew I wanted to watch more of their previous works.

I actually watched Tale of Nokdu and it was cute :P

Thanks for the plug for NOKDU FLOWER! I watched parts of the TALE OF NOKDU - but couldn't stay the course there either :/ it was a combination of costumes and cross-dressing, both not among my favourites. I have a stronger negative list than a positive one, but yeah, lighter and comic fare is definitely more enjoyable, although I'd probably describe crime and political thrillers as my real crack genres! I will gingerly explore NOKDU FL. and hopefully will enjoy it as much as you describe it!

I've heard so many good things about Into The Ring that I knew I had to check it out~ I haven't watched a romcom in ages but I have a feeling this one's going to be a really enjoyable watch~~

Just finished a binge of Lee Soo-yeon's "other" drama. For my random thoughts about Life (sic), head over to my fanwall. There's some interesting critical reviews of the show from fellow beanies - thank you for engaging with me on this :) this is a lot of fun, even though it's not a live-watch!

The politics and debates in re Stranger 2 continue. Live watching with comments is such fun - a show really comes to life through these conversations.

Two c-dramas were started and dropped (actually the week previously) - Go Ahead (rants on my fanwall), and The First Half of My Life. Both terrible for the episodes I stayed for, and I couldn't see how they are/were redeemable. Respect to those who have stuck it out. :/

Go ahead is actually the only drama I am looking for to watch every day right now! 😅😅😅😅
I am sorry you didn't like what you saw and dropped it. For a Chinese drama, my opinion is that it is really really good. Why? Because of the concept that family is a group of people who care for each other even if they are not blood related.
But anyway... just in case, I wanted to let you know that the drama improved from the premiere, since you dropped it.
Greetings!-

oh good to hear that it has improved AND that you are enjoying it! It was my nightcap for the first few episodes before I stopped. I will think about revisiting it maybe later. Right now, I'm enjoying the slow ride that is Stranger 2 :) Thinking about it only takes up most of the week - haha!

It's been a while. I can't remember when was the last time I lurked here. Reading all the posts, I felt out of place already since the last time I watched kdrama was during "365 Repeat The Year" and then I am on kdrama slumps which I have yet to recover, and right now so into cdrama world instead. I miss interacting with fellow kdrama beanies, but sadly my heart is not in kdrama world atm. Sighs...I miss yalls 🤧

🥺

There’s a season to all things...and the seasons keep turning.

It's probably because I am a fans of historical costume drama, and as of right now cdrama gives me that. Their supplies of cdramas with historical costume setting are never-ending which is why I am turning to that.