Seo Hyun-jin set to become a law professor in new SBS romance
A new romance drama is in the works for SBS called Why Oh Soo-jae and casting has been confirmed for Seo Hyun-jin (Black Dog) to play the leading role.
The story is reported to be a student-teacher romance with Seo Hyun-jin playing the titular role of Oh Soo-jae. Described as extremely bad-tempered and having a tendency to be unkind, the character works as a professor at a law school.
The male lead has not yet been announced, but presumably he will be one of the law students at the school.
I’m always wary when it comes to story lines about student-teacher relationships. But I am relieved that the setting is at least post-high school and the student won’t be underaged. I do love Seo Hyun-jin, so hopefully the drama turns out to be a pleasant surprise!
Writing for the drama is Kim Ji-eun (Lies of Lies) and directing will be helmed by PD Park Soo-jin (Hymn of Death), who worked with Seo Hyun-jin previously as an assistant director on Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim.
SBS drama Why Oh Soo-jae is currently being planned to air early next year, in 2021.
Via The Fact
- Black Dog: Episode 1
- Teachers Seo Hyun-jin, Ra Mi-ran prep for school in new Black Dog teaser
- [Actor Spotlight] Seo Hyun-jin
- Lee Min-ki and Seo Hyun-jin find each other in Beauty Inside
- Yang Se-jong up to romance Seo Hyun-jin in Temperature of Love
- Hotheaded hospital clashes in Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim
- Seo Hyun-jin joins the Let’s Eat cameo crew in Bring It On, Ghost
Tags: Seo Hyun-jin