Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 18-24, 2021

Some things shift around, as we introduce one new drama and let go of three others. On Monday, Sunbae Don’t Put on That Lipstick premiered to 2 percent. The noona romance’s rating took a slight dip, however, in the following episode. Fellow Monday-Tuesday show Secret Royal Inspector continued its steady climb, bringing in an all-time high of 11.6 percent.

Awaken and The Uncanny Counter aired their finales, and knowing their past performances, their high numbers were expected. It’s worth noting that Uncanny is now OCN’s highest-rated drama, having surpassed dramas like Voice 2 and Watcher. Fly Dragon also finished its run, with 6.2 percent — not its best, though not its worst.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 18-24, 2021

Mr. Queen 13 tvN 12.8%
Sunday, Jan. 24
Homemade Love Story 38 KBS 32.5%
The Uncanny Counter 16 OCN 11.0%
Mr. Queen 14 tvN 13.6%

Tags:

I'm happy for Awaken, 6.2% was the best ratings :)

Uri NGM!

I'm still waiting for your suggestions of withdrawal ! :D

As I haven't watched The girl who could sees smells nor Doctor Prisoner, I'm divided, but I think I'll watch Doctor Prisoner (just when I finish TWDR).

I started the both and dropped both. But I guess I could try Doctor Prisoner a second time.

I haven't seen Doctor Prisoner but the Girl Who See Smells is BAD.

@leetennant Yeah, the story didn't make a lot sense for me and I'm not a fan of the main actor.

For Doctor Prisoner, he's not really ethical as a doctor...

Tbh I’m not really convinced about any of them, but I’ve seen better comments of DP. I was just looking for dramas available on Viki and Netflix. I already dropped Beautiful Gong Shim.

The Girl Who Sees Smells is a solid show if you go into it thinking this is a grade "C" drama. Meaning set a low bar and work from there. There's tons of cute and squishy moments. Also, it portrays a fairly balanced relationship. The biggest problem is that the police are outright idiots. NGM is scary believable as the serial killer chef too.

I agree with @evan85 that if you go into Girl Who Sees Smells with a low bar, it can be enjoyable for what it is. I have a little stash of dramas that are like my cotton candy - a little burst of sweet that dissolves instantly. The story is no revelation, but the OTP worked and the villain was chilling.

Look @kurama, NGM did his best acting, so I can't wait for his next drama on spy and I still keeping my eye for him.

Tbh did not think "Hoobae Don't Touch My Lipstick" was worth the hype so it'll be interesting to monitor the ratings throughout its run.

SECRET ROYAL INSPECTOR is actually fairly entertaining and MR. QUEEN's ratings are well deserved.

Wow happy for SRI! Aren't those really high ratings for KBS weekday dramas in a really long time? I'm lagging behind, only on Episode 6. Hoping the ratings continue to rise.

What about TV Chosun's Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) with Sung Hoon? Its Saturday rating (1st episode) was incredibly high (6,864%). Is the drama good or is it the hype of Im Sung-han (writer)?

Wow, that is high, especially for a TV Chosun drama.

I watched the first episode and it's a typical makjang plot. Koreans are apparently into sageuks and makjang right now, neither of which is a favorite of mine.

The setup has potential. Whether they take it someplace interesting, or drop it into makjang is tbd.

The first ep gave me makjang vibes, the whole cheating thing felt way too cliche and the editing was a mess.
But that's just my opinion.

I just finished Uncanny Counter and really enjoyed from Ep 1 when So Mun got his curly hair to the finale ending...
I'm also following Secret Royal Inspector - it's entertaining enough without being too much into deep plots and scheming. It's funny, takes you on an adventure and some mystery solving. Light for Mondays and Tuesdays nights.
Weekends are Mr. Queen which, like SRI is a sageuk, but deep in the plots and scheming. It's entertaining as well and I'm wondering how involved our hero/heroine will get in after Ep 14's ending.
True Beauty is turning out wonderfully with the two male leads having mended their friendship and now heading towards the last stretch. Let's see how our heroine faces the crowd now they have seen her "true appearance".
All in all, the dramas in January haven't been a disappointment for me.

11%!! Woah!! TBH, I didn't know what to expect from TUC's finale but I admit, it did become successful in making me shed tears. I liked the end and despite everything, I am glad it's getting a second season and I'll gladly wait for it! 💙

For the 0.4% that dropped 'Sunbae, DPOTL': I FEEL YOU.