Jung So-min courted for tvN sageuk
Actress Jung So-min (Soul Repairer) is considering a tvN sageuk for her next project. She’s currently received an offer to star in Tale of the Secret Royal Investigator and Jo-yi, but nothing has been confirmed.
Set in the Joseon dynasty, this drama is about a secret royal investigator who doesn’t want to bother with career advancement, and an ambition-filled “divorcée” (Joseon translation: runaway wife). The duo, along with a group of unnamed women who are not particularly savvy investigators, stumble upon a corruption scandal of huge proportions and begin to pursue the truth.
If she decides to confirm, Jung So-min will play a Joseon woman with a very modern mindset, Kim Jo-yi. It was recently reported that Jo Byung-kyu (The Uncanny Counter) is in the running to be the male lead but he has yet to officially confirm.
Director Yoo Jong-sun (Descended From the Sun) and Lee Jae-yoon (Girl Cops) are working together for Tale of the Secret Royal Investigator and Jo-yi. The drama is being discussed to air in the latter half of this year on tvN.
Via Star News
- Jung So-min, Kim Ji-suk confirmed for new JTBC housing drama
- Soul Repairer: Episodes 1-2
- Attraction blooms at first therapy session in KBS drama Soul Repairer
- KBS Soul Repairer holds first script reading with Shin Ha-kyun, Jung So-min
- [Actor Spotlight] Jung So-min
- A Hundred Million Stars Falling From the Sky remake confirms Seo In-gook, Jung So-min
- House-poor Lee Min-ki finds house-hunting Jung So-min in Because This Life Is Our First
Tags: Jung So-min