New poster and stills for KBS sageuk River Where the Moon Rises
River Where the Moon Rises is the drama I’m most looking forward to in 2021, and it’s released new stills. In this Goguryeo sageuk romance, Ji-soo (
When I Was the Most Beautiful) and Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm) respectively play a village-idiot-turned-general and a princess who wants to be king.
The poster shows a shadowy outline of Kim So-hyun on horseback, with Ji-soo’s face in the clouds. The text reads, “A general whose love became history, On Dal” and “A princess whose entire life was Goguryeo, Pyeonggang.” The stills show Kim So-hyun also on horseback, rocking some armor and engaging in battle.
This folktale adaptation drama has all the ingredients to be awesome. A kickass female lead with strong ambitions, and a supportive romantic male partner who knows how to sacrifice. Kim So-hyun and Ji-soo have worked together before in a short, youth drama Page Turner, where their chemistry was off the charts so I have high hopes. As long as the plot doesn’t get too mired in noble idiocy like Ruler-Master of the Mask, River Where the Moon Rises has great potential.
KBS Monday-Tuesday drama River Where the Moon Rises will start airing on February 15.
- Kim So-hyun battles for Goguryeo in new teaser for River Where the Moon Rises
- Kim So-hyun, Ji-soo play princess an the fool in upcoming KBS drama
- Kang Haneul and Kim So-hyun confirmed for new sageuk drama
- Ji-soo, Ha Suk-jin fight for Im Soo-hyang in When I Was the Prettiest
- New teaser and stills for KBS Tale of Nokdu with Kim So-hyun, Jang Dong-yoon, Kang Tae-oh
- New MBC drama casts Im Soo-hyang, Ha Suk-jin, Ji-soo, and Hwang Seung-un