Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 29-April 4, 2021

The ratings chart has thinned out and will continue doing so as our shows wrap up. Penthouse 2 aired its final episode on Friday, garnering 25.8 percent and maintaining the number one spot. Dramas Hello? It’s Me!, Sisyphus, and Beyond Evil are one week away from ending as well. Sisyphus saw a drop in numbers, while Beyond Evil saw a nice jump.

Meanwhile, we have well-performing dramas like River, Mouse, and Vincenzo, which still have a few weeks to go. And we have Navillera and Oh! Master just getting started. Going into April, we’ll be getting some new content, but none of the titles pop just yet. (Anyone else, or is it just me?) But who knows — there have been plenty of dramas that surprised me.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 29-April 4, 2021

Beyond Evil 14 JTBC 5.3%
Vincenzo 13 tvN 10.8%
Sunday, April 4
Revolutionary Sisters 8 KBS 26.8%
Vincenzo 14 tvN 11.3%

Tags:

Mouse: I'm afraid I would have to drop it. The setting from the beginning of the drama greatly contradict the direction the past 4 episodes have been heading to. At first, I thought it would be Nuture against Nature, you being born a psychopath doesn't actually mean you would turn into a killer someday, with love and the right environment, you can rule your destiny. The writer using the brain transplant arc to tease the viewers is too cheesy, it's clearly obvious Ba-reum is a psychopath or perhaps the 7 sins killer, no need dragging it out, hit the nail on the head! I would keep up with updates and spoilers from Twitter.

Now, VINCENZO, OMG 😱, bring it on writer, I'm all in for the ride. Song Jong ki oppa did well choosing this as his comeback drama. This is the only act of his that has kept me waiting for nothing except weekends. My apologies to Jeon yeo bin (not sure I spelt her name correctly, pardon me plz) for not discovering her much earlier, she is indeed a cause for marvel.
Vincenzo should continue burning me slowly. I don't mind the flames.

Navillera: read a lot about how beautiful it is. Gonna place it on my list this week

Uhm... Vincenzo kind of lost me at the end of episode 2, Iwith that The Great Gatsby-esque ending (at the part 1 ending of the "Italian party). I need some drama fix on Sunday, and there is nothing else, so I watch it on 1.5 or 2 x speed, depending on how tired I am. There is of, course, the SJK eye candy and Tec surprised me, in a pleasant way, he's showing some growth, but... way too crazy for me and too fairy-tale-ish.

I like the dark Beyond Evil and I wish it would get more love on DB, to be honest. No idol actors, not dripping eye candy in the generic way, but it still keeps me watching, even when all the cats are out of the bag.

Navillera is sweet and predictable, but warm and cosy so I have no too much to say pro or against. The same about Oh! Master. Tropey to the brim, but light entertainment and it doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Which is not the case for Mouse or Sisyphus. Luckily one is almost done and dusted and already forgotten ( I wonder why Park Shin‑hye picks such weird ones - I couldn't actually stick with Alhambra, Sisyphus is quite a progress). The other is beyond bad and I think I have done so far my best, I gave it all I could give and now it's time to part ways. (It would be the third LSG drama that I drop - which is all last three).

I hope that there is something better to watch among the new ones, otherwise I may have to find a new hobby of sorts and I am not really in the mood :)

I agree totally! Vincenzo is such a fun drama. I just became a superfan of this writer. The script is just too good. Every single episode brings something new and laugh out loud scenarios which is very fresh among those cheesy rom-coms. I can't wait for weekends these days. Oh what are we going to do when it ends????

It’s ironic that Sisyphus, which was advertised as “JTBC’s 10th Anniversary Special Drama“ and received a ton of attention and publicity prior to airing, is now losing out in ratings to Beyond Evil, which had a much lower budget and was nowhere near the same levels of publicity. Positive word-of-mouth reviews really do matter.

There was that SF8 anthology which showed that there is a lot of potential for tight, well written, with internal logic Korean science fiction drama. Did the fact that each movie was just one hour long make such a difference? Would they have been diluted and full of nonsense if there were 8 standalone dramas. I wonder. Nonetheless I hope that this, plus the Space Sweepers show that there is an appetence for this genre in Korean cinema and TV and things will get better on this front, maybe also with the big N influence and money. One can hope, right...? Although looking at how thin the ratings list has become lately, compared to a few years ago, I still pray that in a couple's years' time we still have dramas...

LUCA, for all its faults, did pretty well in the ratings too. At best it was average as sci-fi (though some of the characters were as hard-boiled as anyone in JG Ballard or China Mieville). It didn't have any big stars, not even anyone on the level of Shin Ha-kyun or Yeo Jin-goo, let alone Park Shin-hye. What it did have was pace and clarity and internal consistency, just a dash of melodrama, and only 12 episodes. Maybe the solution is to convey the humanity of the characters as economically as possible, rather than spend too much time on weird relationship stuff like Alice did.

LUCA had Kim Rae Won. He is a big star.

IMO KRW is not the big star that he used to be. In the last few years he seems to have starred in smaller pictures and become more of a reliable co-star or supporting player in big movies, e.g. to Han Suk-kyu in The Prison, Lee Min-ho in Gangnam Blues. His last drama Black Knight was back in 2017 (I have no memory of it but the ratings look good). Anyway he turned out to be an inspired choice for LUCA. Actually LUCA was brilliantly cast across the board.

Sisyphus is the drama that is going to be on my end of year lists – the drama I regret spending my time on, colossal waste of talented cast and the drama I watched just to earn the bean.

Pretty much sums me up, too.

it got lost and i got lost with it in boredom but i still want to wrap it up to say i made to the end. weird isn't it?

nah, i'm like that also for this one. some i drop right away, but i think my curiosity is getting the best of me... and i assume i will probably regret finishing it.

Agreed. I find watching every other episode keeps me moderately amused and as it was pretty hard to follow the storyline anyway missing an episode doesn't seem to matter. the ML is such great actor, what is he doing in this drama?

i dont know about the story, but it is so badly miscasted, i dropped after 2 eps. tried to take a peek at the last ep but the lead guy feels too old and trying hard to be spontaneous and arrogant and is simply not fit for the role. i did not see forest/stranger for which he was lauded for, maybe he should stick to mature roles? this is sad because park shin hye was a bit bearable in the first two eps and the premise looked promising

vincenzo and beyond evil is been doing consistently well since it was first airing...i dropped sisyphus at ep3 it surprising how much the ratings dropped

I'm absolutely loving Vincenzo and the writer has created some absolutely hilarious characters. There are so many subtle jokes going on all the time. I do find some of the graphically brutal scenes a bit much to take, but I put a cushion over my eyes until they are over. I still think the FL could calm down a bit, but she's pretty consistent in the way she behaves, and all the character are so entertaining. I find myself really sad when it has ended and my favourite character is the Italian Chef's assistant - I just hope they have a mattress ready for him when he goes flying round corners horizontally! I also find myself torn sometimes between the really sad bits and the slapstick, and I think the male lead enjoys himself a bit too much; I would guess the whole cast are having a blast making this drama! Glad to see they've gone up over 11%, good for them!

Also getting hooked on Navillero, beautifully acted, again.

I've never seen Song Joong Ki (ML) doing some hilarious acts. He's a natural killer - comedic antics, smiles, grin etc etc

Their chemistry (all the actors) are always on-point. 👏👌❤

*is always on-point

Watch him in "Sungkyunkwan Scandal." He is a natural.

song joongki really doing all kind of genres in this drama..i love his action acting so much, and ofc melo is song joongki's genre and yes his comedy acting is so natural that makes him so cuteee