Write for Dramabeans: Now taking applications
It’s that time again: Minion tryouts! It’s been a little while since we last accepted applications and we’re throwing the application window wide open. We’d love to cover as many shows as we possibly can, and that means we need more recappers to write about all the wonderful dramas that are airing.
If you’re passionate about dramas and would like to join the Dramabeans family, we want to hear from you. We are in search of both recappers and news writers (news requires literacy in Korean). We do pay after an initial training period.
Instructions for recaps:
- Write a sample recap of an episode not recapped on Dramabeans. Make sure to include a comments section. No screencaps necessary.
- Tell us about you and a few of your favorite dramas. You don’t have to write an essay; we just want to know a little bit about you and how your tastes run. Also, let us know if you need subtitles, or if you can recap raw episodes from Korean.
- If you have a blog, send us your link. This does not replace the sample recap step.
- Email your sample to hello @ dramabeans.com. We’ll accept Word or text documents, PDFs, or recaps written into the body of the email.
Instructions for news:
- Select a news article from a Korean source, on something we haven’t written about on Dramabeans. Write a news post and send us the link to the original article.
- Tell us about yourself and what areas of news most interest you.
- Email your sample to hello @ dramabeans.com.
Deadline: Midnight on Wednesday, May 19, 2021
- Make sure your sample is proofread and ready to publish. (We won’t be publishing them, but we want to see a finished product.)
- You don’t have to recap the first episode of a series, but they are easier to follow. You might have better luck with a first episode than one in the middle.
- Spend some time on the comments section. Pretend nobody’s watched the show yet, as though you’re recapping it on the day it aired.
- Don’t worry about sounding like us or using our lingo; we want you to sound like you.