Park Hae-joon to be the leading man in new JTBC drama
It’s been announced that A Couple’s World actor Park Hae-joon has chosen his next project. Based on a Japanese manga by the same name, I Haven’t Done My Best Yet is a comedic, delayed coming-of-age drama featuring Park Hae-joon as the male lead, Nam Geun-pil.
In a society that emphasizes obligation, sacrifice, and responsibility for men who are usually the household breadwinners, middle-aged man Nam Geun-pil decides to gather his courage to rebel against this societal expectation and pursue his own identity. Without a plan, he quits his job and as a man in his forties, it’s not easy. At the beginning, he gets a lot of flak from his live-in girlfriend’s father and daughter. So, he leeches off his employed friend to fulfill his day-to-day alcoholic needs.
One day, he learns that the man he thought was a neighborhood bum just like him is actually an ultra-wealthy webtoon artist. Immediately, he pivots his career track and becomes a manga-artist-in-training.
Directed by Im Tae-woo (Yoo-na’s Street) and co-written by Park Hee-kwon (The Flu) and Park Eun-young (The Third Charm), I Haven’t Done My Best Yet will be broadcast on JTBC, but the air date has not been confirmed.
- A Couple’s World: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread
- Perfect happiness turns to utter emotional wreckage in A Couple’s World
- Premiere Watch: 365: Repeat the Year, A Piece of Your Mind, Welcome, A Couple’s World, Unique Chef Moon, Rugal
- Kim Hee-ae makes drama comeback in new JTBC drama A Couple’s World
- Arthdal Chronicles: Episode 1
Tags: Park Hae-joon