Open Thread #736

Happy Friday everyone!

Here is your Open Thread, which is here for you to chat about anything you want, whether it be drama-related or not. Nothing’s off-topic here! Spoilers may be rife, so proceed accordingly.

Happy Friday beanies... Hope you guys had a wonderful week.

So after watching Healer last week city hunter ost has been stuck on my mind, but I told myself I ain't watching you, nope... After taking a 2 weeks unnoticed break at work, Decided to catch up to all the dramas I've missed the past few years

SUNBAE DON'T PUT ON THAT LIPSTICK: decided to watch this after seeing Rowoon In TKA wow I fell in love. The first 2ep was not that great for me but i could get why he did that, cause sunbae wasn't a stranger, I mean if a friend of mine was in the same situation imma tell her the same way he did, maybe less hasher I mean he even waited a month for him to fess up but he didn, but I like that he apologizes.. the chemistry between both of them was okay for me , the storyline was okay. And I love the relationship between the siblings, maybe this was the first time am seeing a loving sibling in a drama
And Rowoon wow he look so handsome in all those clothes the turtle neck, the coat wow. He's so tall too. I became a fan

DO UOU LIKE BRAHMS: after watching Dali found out he was in Brahms and PEB is in it it was my next one to watch.. the thing I like about this drama is the communication between the leads they talk about everything there was no misunderstanding at all and Kim min jae voice is chef's kiss

WEIGHTLIFTING FAIRY KIM BOKJOO: When it came out I read the recaps but never watched it. Loved the chemistry between the leads. And ep 14 or is it 15, when Nam joo hyuk found out his mom didn't come for him wow I cried when he was crying he killed it in that scene. Love it

SPLASH SPLASH LOVE: It's good as the first time I watched it...

18 AGAIN: Lee Do Hyun became a fan of his with this drama, didn't watch Hotel.. he did great as an old man. I like the theme of the drama.. second chances, regrets etc. Love it. All the actors and actress did great

LOVESTRUCK IN THE CITY: I don't know what to say about this, I love it and did not. The talk went for long way too long that I got disinterested and the second couple the break up was too sudden for me. And the ending that ep17 what was that am still confused.. what I love Ji Chang Wook

FIGHT MY WAY: read the recaps while it was airing but never watched it... The friendship was great.. didn't really like it, the crying was too much for me

RUN ON: ermmm liked it.

BITE SISTER: came for Kim Hanna stayed for the ost,it's hauntingly beautiful

Wow... Am the first...
Omg
Didn't watch any airing drama this week cause I was busy watching previous drama...

First commenter 🥺🥺🥺😍😍😍

same here, am still catching up with the previous dramas. Tonight am starting REBEL, THIEF WHO STOLE THE PEOPLE 😂

I kinda fell off dramalnad since 2017 when I gained admission. Now it's time to watch everything have missed this year's and it's a lot.
Will start BE MELODRAMATIC tomorrow

OMG you're watching all my favourites!! I used to be this person who after a long break from k dramas read the recaps/year end reviews and watched all the good shows. Currently in a slump. Love love do you like brahms, 18 again, Weight lifting fairy, fight my way and run on. Seriously these are my kinda dramas and which stayed with me for a long time after I finished watching. And enjoy watching Be melo.

Same here too I love them also. And after that maybe Age of youth.. gotta make up for all those years...

I rewatched Healer last week and it was still gold. Loved every bit of it even more than the first time watching I think. 😘

I agree with you.. it's a great drama

Sunbae was so underrated! A lot of people were turned off by the ML in the first episodes. But it's sad because every character grew a lot during the drama and it's kinda what you expect from a story, people evolving and becoming better. Their love story was so natural, both of them sold it so well. The coworkers were the best, so funny and supporting. The siblings bond was pretty rare to watch in a Kdrama. @missvictrix did great weecap for this show!

I loved Sunbae too! It deserves more love. I normally have a two-episode rule before dropping a drama but for some reason I stuck with it and it was worth it. It's the only drama I finished on Iqiyi.

For me, it was one of the best romance drama in 2021. They used the usual tropes but in a really good way. The characters were well written and the secondary stories were good too.

The first 2 ep were a little too much for me also, but it turned out great at later episode. The siblings bond was a shock to me cause every sibling was always fighting cat and dog in every drama I watched

I liked to see them together and discuss or help each other. The relationship between the niece and her uncle/aunt was so cute. They spent a lot of time with her, she was really loved and supported.

The family relationship was great... Looking at them you'll see that they grew up with a lot of love..

@kimmie did Lipstick get better for you? I recently became a fan of RoWoon bc of TKA, but not sure if I should watch the Lipstick.

@ramenqueen It did... You should watch it too... I also just became Rowoon fan cause of TKA, but Lipstick solidify it for me.. I don't listen to sf9, been checking out all his videos now. He's so tall and handsome

He's like a giant compare to the women in TKA

You should watch the 4 episodes. Or read the weecap to make an opinion.

KC, for loving siblings, please give Reply 1988 a go. A few wonderful examples and one which is harsh on the surface but underneath stoically loyal.

And for some weird reason I haven't been able to watch ANSWER ME 1994/1988, But I rewatch ANSWER ME 1997 a lot...
Will probably pick them up later in the future

I haven’t seen Reply1997!

You need to watch it, it's gold... Maybe it's because it's the first Answer me series but it holds a special place in my heart.. and there's Seo in guk there

KC, I will. I adore Reply 1988 as it has so many great actors including Ryu Junyeol. I adore his acting. Please watch this!

This week was big for space. That' for tomorrow with Cricket.

Protest season is on, isn't it?
But it also is the season for Little boy have some fun. Momentum all is with little boy.

I had said it numerous times - you can pick on a region and ignore others but the truth doesn't change. All regions all almost same because all human societies are inherently same.

Its surprising to see how XI got so much while the earlier ones couldn't even get 20% of what he got.
He's a smart crook. The way he's creating completely new paths and marching everyone to take those specific paths underlines his affect on human world.

That's what you get for being at the top - Even if you sneeze -- millions feel its consequences. Money can't buy that.
If it comes to money - then you have the budget in your hand - a budget that is of billions - a budget that can change the course of million lives.
Selling hopes and dreams is also an art. When you create the path then you also change the course of all hopes and dreams.

Its one of a kind of aggressive play - You won't see it as you are busy in day to day life's activities and struggles but the one sitting at top - the one to join that table surely enjoys it.

Real fun and entertainment comes from real life human toys. Everything else is just too fickle and boring.

Happy Friday everyone!
How are you fellow beanies?
So I finished watching 🅳🅰🅻🅸 🅰🅽🅳 🅲🅾🅲🅺🆈 🅿🆁🅸🅽🅲🅴 last night and it's been a while since I enjoyed a drama like that. I couldn't get enough of it. And Pαɾƙ Gყυ Yσυɳɠ is so stunning, wow! I could see SONG HYE GYO somewhere In there 😂 😍.

I have a small problem, about two months ago, i suddenly couldn't differantiate the smell. Ever since, everything smells the same to me.
So i was wondering if anyone here could tell me what the problem is and how or if it's treatable

Loss of smell is a common side effect of covid and it is probably the most plausible alternative.

Agree. And only time will tell if it’s self-limited. I’ve have patients lose their smell for over 6 months post Covid19 though. Some never get it back. There is smell therapy and some doctors have given steroids which may help thinking that it is an inflammatory process. Also, nasal polyps may also cause loss of smell. Seeing a physician or better yet, one that specializes in nasal issues may help. In the meantime, if you have nasal steroids over the counter where you are, you may try that first. Just according to the package instructions. Good luck!

Perhaps @ally-le or @parkchuna have some ideas about it...

Hmmmm what makes you think i might know M? I’m not a doctor 😆

I thought you were one! 😂

Gosh i wonder what gave you that idea! It must be my brilliant wit 🤣😝

🤣

Yes to another Darli lover! That was also the sentence I used so often during its airing, “I hadn’t enjoyed anything like this one for a while now”.

MrBeast is a YouTuber with 76 million subscribers and a huge sponsorship base. He created his own version of SQUID GAME. 456 people played children's games for a cash prize of $456,000 US. Yes, the prize was greater than most American network game shows. It really shows the new power of popular streaming channels.

It was a fun episode to watch. A few of the players had not even watched the series. The recreation of some of the series iconic games was cool; and the set designs were very close to the originals. It had the drama and surprise of quite an enjoyable game show.

As of this Friday (November 26, 2021), his video $456,000 Squid Game in Real Life! got 56m views so far! Congrats, MrBeast and his crew!

I wondered if my fingers will be crossed for 100+ million views for this video soon.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend Beanies and keep Beaning On!

While we do not celebrate Thanksgiving in these parts, our shops do know Black Friday very well.🛒 Coincidentally I had a lot of items to buy and parcels to order this week, so it has been anything but a boring week getting everything home and paid on time, and I did not even start on my Christmas presents yet!😅I did not mind the hassle to be honest, because it pushed all the anxiety to the back of my mind for a few days. I am grateful that I got to experience this more or less normal week after a few rough ones.☺️

This weekend is another thing to be grateful for. My K-drama friend is coming over for a Disney marathon slumber party. We are spending the weekend at my place rewatching nostalgic Disney classics and finally checking out some of the more recent Disney movies.🥳 Rather than always watching K-dramas together and sharing a room whenever we were invited somewhere else, we decided to finally change it up a bit. We are not forgetting our roots though, there will be plenty of Asian snacks, K-pop and k-drama recommendations going around!😋

Happy Thanksgiving to you! (For me, our Thanksgiving is one month ago, but Canadian stores is adopting the Black Friday tradition, so we have some celebratory mood)

Other then some current drama, I am also watching Do You Like Brahms? (obviously due to beautiful female lead who is now also playing the lead character of The King's Affection, and stop for the time being in Episode 11. It's a fresh little love story of two introverts. Some may think the story is a bit too slow, but considering she is not that confident in terms of her career as well her love relations, it is understandable.

Brahms is on my neverending to watch list! :)

Brahms will always be on my top 10.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and that’s so good for you Turtie!

You actually inspired me with your recent movie watching! :) It is indeed a wonderful time that I will treasure! :)

☺️🥰😘 Btw, I’ve moved on from Disney’s to US romcom (?) classics. I rewatched Notting Hill yesterday.

Happy Friday, Beanies!

Next week and this coming Wednesday will be the start of #2021Roundup and I wanna give thanks to @eazal for creating and planning this annual Kdrama roundup! I'm so excited for my participation of #2021Roundup and watch out for it!

Yes let's get it..

Quick question pls...

The 2021Roudup will be posted where??? Will it be on the fan wall?? Like my answers to the questions @eazal created will I post it on the fan wall.. (this is my first time participating actively on Dramabeans don't be offended if the questions seem too much or stupid)
Thank you.
❤️❤️❤️

@kimmie

I know that #2021Roundup will be posted to your fanwall just like #2020Roundup did last year. Yes, you will be officially posting #2021Roundup on your fanwall.

I didn't created them, I just put them together!!! We all did!!!

Oh, thanks but I didn't create this, but all beanies collaborated and besides it was @turtuallysarcastic idea... or something LOL!!!

What do i have to do

Beginning on December 1st, every day follow the theme and post on your wall if you feel like it!

Then credits to all beanies. Thanks

I’m watching BEYOND EVIL episode 11 while having cheese and sour cream popcorn. What flavor popcorn do you beanies like?

I like cheesy popcorn. Mmmmmmm.... sounds tasty and cheesy.

Maple caramel corn!

Butter popcorn!

Sweet and salty is my favourite. I’ve never really had savoury popcorn, sounds interesting.

Yes! I’m not a fan of sweet flavors so savory is definitely the way for me!

Toffee or sweet and salty ^^

I love the barbecue and cheese flavor!

That’s my other favorite combination!

Hello beanies!!

Just a reminder of the themes we'll have this year for the #2021RoundUp. Please feel free to join, posting every day on your fanwall so we can remember all the dramas 2021 gave us.

1- FL you will never forget.
2- ML you will never forget.
3- The drama with the best costumes / wardrobe.
4- That mess you watched and you still wonder why.
5- The drama that will always live in your memory.
6- The OST you are obsessed with.
7- The OTP you didn’t think you would adore.
8- The drama beanies convinced you to watch and you can’t be grateful enough.
9- The oldie (not 2021) you loved the most.
10- Best confession.
11- Secondary character that stole your heart and the show (SL, villains, kid…).
12- Best quote / oneliner.
13- Drama beanies loved but you didn’t / Drama you loved but beanies didn't.
14- Most memorable scene.
15- Saeguk Special Edition: most unnecessary death.
16- Best non human character (animal, mythological / magical creature, braincell, etc.).
17- Best idol turned actor.
18- Best cameo.
19- Your 2021 crush.
20- That shirtless scene out of the blue you are so grateful (screenshot will be welcomed).
21- That cute little drama.
22- Best secretary / assistant.
23- Best bromance / womance.
24- Your secret pleasure.
25-31 - Freestyle

@eazal How nice of you to remind me that we are starting next Wednesday and that I have not written a single letter yet!😂

I never write anything beforehand. I'm living dangerously 😅😅😅😅😅😅

I’m so ready, way too ready, for question no. 15.

🤣

Mmmmm

How do you access other's fan wall and if there are updates on other's walls as well? Pardon the ignorance. We don't have the beanies year-end counter anymore?

Just go to the Beanies tab and you will see what’s been posted on the wall. If you click on their name, it will lead you to the bean’s individual page & you can see their collection of posts. Not sure if they’ll do an official bean count, but we’ve usually done our own count too and shared it on the wall.

Oh fun! Is this the first year we are doing this? Or did I miss last YERs somehow?

Last year was the first one, so we are repeating altough some themes have been changed.

13 is defo Dali and cocky prince, also Brahms, well, I pretty much fell asleep with most popular dramas. I dont know about vice versa.

Happy Friday Beanies! I am so excited.
After 8am tomorrow, I am officially no longer a junior doctor!!! It's been two years of extremely long hours and hospital shenanigans. Now I can officially get a permanent license instead of a temporary one, and have an altogether more humane work schedule. I am so exhausted, and so happy!!! Just came to share that. Kthxbai

Good job and congratulations, Doc, 👩🏻‍⚕️ You did it!

Thank you!!!

Congratulations! It's been hard work, but you did it. On to new adventures and hopefully a better schedule!

Congrats to you! Yay!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!! What an accomplishment! 🍾🎉🎉🎉

Virtual champagne glass clink!

Congratulations!!!!! All your hard work has paid off!

Happy friday, beanies!

I hope you all had a good week. This Sunday is the first advent and the beginning of Christmas season in my country. I'm going to celebrate this by putting up Christmas lights in my windows, bake gingerbread and saffron bread and blare Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas is you.
So that's Sunday.

Saturday we need to continue putting up wallpaper in the children's room and I swear the event brings us the closest to a divorce throughout our entire marriage. So stressful. It's those darn radiators. But we're halfway through, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

So tomorrow is my birthday and my parents and one of my sisters invited me in Lyon (France) for the week-end (2 nights) \o/

I really like this city (it's my 3rd time :p). The center is not big, the food is good and there are lot of things to visit :)

I’ve been there once, it is really nice! Have a lovely weekend with your sister and happy birthday :) it’s my birthday tomorrow too ( but might be a different tomorrow as I think I’m a day ahead).

Thank you very much!

Happy birthday to you too!

Happy birthday Kurama & Beffels! 🎂🎉

Happy Birthday!!!
🎂🎈🥂

Happy birthday @kurama!
Have a fun (and safe) trip 😄

Happy birthday, and many more!

Happy Birthday @Kurama! Have been to Lyon twice and really enjoyed our stay. Maybe you can explain a scene we witnessed one evening in the central plaza. A young man, wearing a cow costume, was suffering good-natured teasing by his friends. As he stood there on a busy street, every young woman who saw him came up and gave him a big hug and lots of well wishes. My best guess was that he was soon to be married and this was a Lyon-style bachelor party. Any ideas?

I really need to know the answer to this now 🐄

Yeah, sometimes there is "enterrement de vie de jeune fille / de garçon" = bachelor party. Your friends prepare some funny things to do like that during the day and you party at night.

Birthday greetings! Enjoy your birthday week-end break.

I thought I wished you a HBD already, but very happy BD to you! I hope you’ll have a wonderful time with your family and friends and loved ones!

Omo, blame my first shot but very HBD to lovely Beffels, too! @beffels I hope you have a wonderful year ahead, and I hope you and your little ones won’t be troubled again by the vomit bugs!

Thanks!

Happy Birthday, Kurama! I hope you will enjoy your day and trip🎂🎈🥂

Happy birthday to you, @kurama and @beffels!

Happy Birthday!!!🎈 I hope you eat a lot of wonderful food and have a wonderful day today (which is also my neice’s birthday)!

Wow...it's been a while since I commented but I've been following faithfully.
Watching TKA along with everyone else and I am curious about how this will proceed over the next 6 episodes! But I've been doing a lot of K-drama watching:
1) Save Me: this had me sucked into the cult story line!
2) Vincenzo: what's not to like? Though the make-up on SJK made him look translucent.
3) Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: this felt like a slice of life type drama that I quite enjoyed. I know there was some scandal with the lead actor, which then seemed to take a entirely different turn.
4) Hellbound and Squid Game: Really liked both. I particularly enjoyed watching Anupam Tripathi playing a Pakistani migrant speaking in Korean. Art (and dystopia) knows no boundaries!

Currently trying to finish Signal, Hospital Playlist S2, and Lawless Lawyers. Luckily Netflix dropped some new (old) Dramas so I have tons to cruise through while waiting for the booster effects to wear off!

Has anyone read Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint (ORV)?

No, is it good? Is it over?

Is it over:
The webnovel is finished, the webtoon adaption is not.
I am currently only reading the webtoon as the webnovel translation was frustrating, and I haven't looked for another one yet.

Is to Good:
Idk about good, the premise and world is almost stupidly complicated, and it relies on extremely heavy exposition to work, but the webtoon is a lot of fun, mainly because of how they use the premise and the meta of the premise. I haven't read that far yet though.
Whether it's good long term remains to be seen, there are already some pretty big worldbuilding red flags for me. But it's cracky, so it's easy to binge.

When I start a webtoon, I read everything already released, then I wait for the rest and end up by forgetting it...

I think real books are better for me 😅

Lol! Same haha- although I've been known to remember it years later and then binge and catch up again, and then forget it again, rinse and repeat.

Just because of your mention, and the title, I started.

Oh shit 😂😂😂
The novel or the manhwa? hahaha
It takes a while to uh... well I guess you'll find out.

I've been dog sitting for the last two months. (Some of you may have noticed because of a certain hacking into my db identity moment). I get woken at 5. We go to the park, we meet Hazel the Border Collie or Benji, the dog that looks like a gargoyle with an enormous mouth who steals all the balls. We bark (speaking collectively, but it's all Bo because I am too numb to speak, let alone bark), in the dog park for the ball and give all the people in the nursing home and surrounding houses an early-morning wake-up call. We run free on the soccer oval, the cricketing ovals, and in the AFL grounds (we don't run on the AFL oval because that is a sacred space in Australia). Then when my shoes are soaking wet from all the rain, we go home, and Bo gets frozen chicken neks, 350gms of kangaroo and potato meat, and a treat. Then he sleeps all day (except for when he sneakily tries to tap messages out on my keyboard), and I remain numb and exhausted. My dog sitting will finish on the 7th, should I survive.

You will survive and don’t forget to take enough rest! Please say hi to Bobo for me!

Thank you @mmmmm I'm taking nano naps during the day, but around about 5 in the morning is when I get my REM sleep. Love Bobo, but I can't wait to claw it back. Bobo says "Hi". He wants you to tell Cookie that he nearly got a blue tongued lizard in the garden before, but "she stopped me". He said Cookie would understand. It's like a very big wurm.

Hi, Bo! *wags tail* What a shame we should get to eat whatever there is in the world. A blue-tongued lizard sounds great. We don’t have it here *sad face* I think, but we do have scary and quite ugly geckos. *don’t Google it it will scare you* Now the weather here is nice with cool breeze, so I normally sunbathe in a front garden. *delighted face*

Melancolía is getting better and better which really surprised me a lot. The whole crew (not just those helming the show) (shooting, script, graphic, music, support as well as casting) deserves a raise!

Considering the real life age difference, this couple has such such strong screen chemistry (not limited to just romance) that's hard to compel and tells an impressive story.

This might be the first drama that I feel an ounce of thankfulness for the dirty tricks of villains.

I'm loving it too.

It’s been a loooong time since I’ve participated in the forum, but I’ve not been terribly excited by much of anything Dramabeans has previewed as up and coming. However, I happened upon an Instagram vid featuring an OTS song called Nobody But You from the (apparently very popular drama, Work Later Drink Now. It showed scenes from the drama that really caught my interest, especially since it features one of my favorite idol actors, Choi Si Won, and also stars Eun Ji, another of my favorites. I prefer rom-coms over any other drama genre, but somehow, Dramabeans doesn’t seem to highlight them much anymore, or perhaps I come here so seldom anymore, I just miss when they’re talked about. I just read that this drama is in serious talks for a second season, but I’d just love to see the first. Does anyone know where I can watch it (preferably w/o having to deal with ads or commercials)?

If i'm not mistaken, the drama is not coming from korea's major channel, it's either web drama or local (korea) streaming platform something. I couldn't find it on any of my streaming platforms (ntflx, iqy, dsny+).
I would usually go to drmcool for show that's not available on my streaming sites but I badly want to watch (like Dr.Brain), and i'm quite sure the site has Drink Now Work Later. the way i avoided the ads: i open the site on my tv browser, downloaded the video, and use the video player to watch the vid on my tv. by doing so, there's no ads to deal with during my watching. there will be some mini ads pop-up boxes on the download page, but you could just close them without any problem.
hope this helps.

I am from Texas in the U.S. As most of you know, yesterday was Thanksgiving here. One thing I am thankful for is DB and the Beanies who post here. I don’t have many friends who watch the dramas. In fact, hardly any. Yet because of DB, I am connected to a world-wide online community of drama lovers. I think it’s fascinating that we come from all over the world, we’re of different ages, backgrounds and ethnicities, but we feel the same things. We are moved to tears by the same love stories. We feel the pain of the star crossed lovers. And even when we disagree, we are still bound by our love of dramas. I truly enjoy seeing the various POV’s. Even when I don’t agree, I love that it makes me consider another POV. So many of you make me laugh with your witty observations. Or have me scratching my head going, “How did she/he think of that?” I love it all. So, thank you beanies. I man thankful for you.

Oops. I am thankful for you!

You’re right, I am very thankful for all the Beanies and oh so grateful for the DB Minions and Staff who keep us going every day ❤️❤️❤️ And thanks to you for bringing it up! 👍🏼

I agree! I spend more time here browsing articles and commenting than chatting with friends! Lol.

Just west of you in the Land of Enchantment @lonestargirl. I am also incredibly grateful for this community. I had one work friend who loved Kdramas but all the drinking really made it difficult for her (for religious reasons). Beanie comments are the best - I've looked up words, researched maps, read up on Korean history; all so that I can enjoy this wonderful art form.

Read this with the most dramatic/over the top drama character' voice you remember:

Hi everyone
Well, what can I say... I'm a total mess?
I haven't watched dramas properly in months, I just finished Be my dream family and Dali, but I don't now what to do next.
This actually happens a lot: I start school and I stick to the dramas that are on air (so I don't get that behind), and maybe finish some of the ones I dropped the previous semester. But this time...

I didn't watched the ones on air (not completely), I did not finished ANYTHING. I have Youth of may, SYHH, Yumi's cells, The Devil Judge, HP2, You're my spring, Vicenzo and One the Woman, just sitting there in EP 8 or 10... waiting.

well, what's the drama? I can just finished them, right?
But what happend after I Be My Dream Family's last episode? I wanted to watch more family dramas!
What happend after I saw a hospital scene in Dali? I asked myself if I should start Yong Pal or Doctor Jin!
I really feel like watching an old medical drama, right now, even if that would totally ruin my rules and I would probably not finish anything else and just start watching old dramas plus the ones currently on air.

It's painful when I see my watchlist or when sister asks me if I'm watching "xxxx" drama that's on air (and I don't even now who's starring/what is she talking about).
I feel like I've destroyed my whole system. I HATE NOT FINISHING DRAMAS. I hate not having order and control.

-End of the drama-.
Yeah... sorry about that.

Have a nice weekend!

Hi! I've been super inactive on dramabeans but I really resonated with this. I think I've dropped almost every kdrama I started the second half of this year besides stress binging all 50 episode of Five Children.

I'm not sure what it is about them but I started and dropped Yumi's Cells, Hometown Cha Cha Cha, Roommate is a Gumiho, Doom at your service, oh my ladylord, Sell your haunted house, i married an antifan, etc.

I've been wondering if I've just changed but if it's happening to others maybe it's just dramaland?

Well, these couple of days I've finished Yumi's Cells and Devilish Joy, and decided to finish One the Woman,
Devil Judge and start The King's A, The Red S and Hapinness.
I needed a little bit of organization and control, so now that I have a clue of what I want to watch and what I'm going to finished I feel better, I think I'm back on track.

So I think we're the ones that change or just don't know what we want, but once we find it everything feels right again. Maybe you dropped those dramas because they weren't compatible with your mood.

If you're still feeling stressed and need comfort maybe you can keep watching family dramas (Once Again, Smile You, What's wrong with my family, Be my dream family, Reply 88') and see how it goes.

Good luck!

It wasn't until someone mentioned it in the podcast 'Dramas Over Flowers' that I realized the boyfriend in 'Yumi's Cells' is the same actor as the cop partner in 'My Name'. Mind officially blown. (also, they're my two favorite series of this half year).

Yeah, I like both too and Ahn Bo Hyun is becoming a favorite of mine—versatile as well as adorable. He’s also the villain in Itawon class, btw.

Yesterday I happen to go back and listen to a good deal of the soundtrack for ITAEWON CLASS which was one of my favorite dramas of 2020.
I read in Soompi that Kim Tae-hyung would be singing solo in the ost for his pal Choi Woo-shik’s upcoming drama. His first solo performance was “Sweet Night” in his pal Park Seo-joon’s ITAEWON CLASS. Frankly I didn’t remember it so I went back for a listen. What a great song and voice. Well I wound up going down memory land enjoying the other wonderful IC tunes including the snappy “Start Over” by Gaho.

Happy Thanksgiving to American Beanies. May the continuing struggle of the First Nations for justice, fairness and self-determination is never forgotten and is supported by more non-indigenous Americans.

And now to KDrama. I have been overwhelmed by Junho’s phenomenal performance in Episode 5 of the Red Sleeve. I don’t want to include any spoilers but his acting is simply devastating due to the intensity of his fury, sorrow, grief and yearning. He is just tremendous. I have read that his cadence and diction have been widely praised, and even as a neophyte Korean learner, I can tell the difference between his enunciation and many others. His voice is also captivating and this is where arguably, being an idol, has been of enormous benefit.

One more thing. I can’t help but wish that Korean screenwriters would also tell stories about those people in Joseon who revolted, sacrificed loved and lost in order to create a better future for themselves. There must be countless such untold stories. Kings, queens and the nobility while have been recorded by history as the main players, have stood on the shoulders of these unheralded individuals. Let their stories be told.

I just finished episode 5 lastnight and your synopsis of Junho’s deft performance is perfect. He carried the episode. Amazing.

Red Sleeve is achingly beautiful. Juhno is fantastic. Same intensity he had in Just Between Lovers.

Thank you kindly for the heads up. I will queue up JBL!

I also meant to say that I loved your ‘achingly beautiful’ choice of words. Just perfect. It has been stuck in my mind since I read your comment yesterday and it just deeply affected me. I had to have a COVID test this morning and it comforted me to think about your words. I don’t know why but it did so you helped a fellow Beanie across the seas to be less anxious today. Thank you. Have a good day and please don’t feel alone because you have us.

@dncingemma, thank you for your kind words! It touches my heart to think they were a comfort to you. Now you have blessed me. 🙏🏼 Re your COVID test, I hope you’re going to be okay. Please keep me posted.

LG, You are a gem. Thank you for your kind words and for your concern. I hope the test is negative. I feel stressed but what can you do? I will let you know for sure.
Please hang in there and take care.
화이팅!

LG, my test result is negative. Phew! Thank you again for ‘holding my hand’ from afar. I really appreciated your kindness today.

Hallelujah! So happy to hear your test was negative. Please take care.

DE, I meant to tell you: please get well soon! We have more dramas to watch and Red Sleeve is getting HOT! 🔥⚡️💃🏻

Have you seen Nokdu Flower? You might like it. Anything to do with the Righteous Army too, like Mr Sunshine too.

I adored Mr Sunshine. Amazing show but didn’t know about Nokdu Flower! Thank you for the recommendation. I will look for it!

Watching the current online frenzy over Netflix Korean dramas, I get the impression it may come to an abrupt end when they run into their first bad drama. If their standard is Squid Games, My Name and Sweet Home I don't know what they're going to do with generic K-dramas that aren't hyper-violent. We long time Drama viewers have learned to take the good with the bad. Netflix Kdrama newbies have yet to experience a drama on the level of 'Heirs'