Looking back on 1998 with Kim Tae-ri and Nam Joo-hyuk in Twenty-Five Twenty-One
New stills have been released for tvN’s upcoming drama Twenty-Five Twenty-One, featuring the lead actors Kim Tae-ri (Mr. Sunshine) and Nam Joo-hyuk (Start-Up).
The coming-of-age story starts in 1998 when our young characters are just stepping out into the adult world. The drama then follows their journey as they grow through new experiences, and their friendship develops into love.
At 18, Kim Tae-ri is a passionate fencing athlete who is determined to pursue her dreams against all odds – even if the IMF crisis has caused fencing to be cancelled at her school.
Similarly, Nam Joo-hyuk’s life path at 22 is also affected by the IMF crisis when his family loses their wealth and he becomes a reporter.
In supporting roles, Bona (Homemade Love Story) is Kim Tae-ri’s fencing rival, Choi Hyun-wook (Racket Boys) aspires to be a social media influencer, and Lee Joo-myung (Now, We Are Breaking Up) is a model student who struggles to suppress his rebellious desires.
Writing for the drama is Kwon Do-eun (Search Query: WWW) and directing will be helmed by PD Jung Ji-hyun (You Are My Spring), who was also part of the team who created Search Query: WWW.
Twenty-Five Twenty-One premieres early next year on February 12.
- Casting lineup complete for youth drama Twenty-Five, Twenty-One
- Kim Tae-ri and Nam Joo-hyuk courted for new romance
- [Movie Review] Space Sweepers is a fun popcorn adventure with deeper themes
- Nam Joo-hyuk, Suzy, Kim Sun-ho, and Kang Hanna in new character stills for tvN’s Start-Up
- The School Nurse Files: Series Review, part 1
- The epic battle for Joseon in tvN’s Mr. Sunshin