[Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
Last week’s Drama Chat was so much fun, we’re taking a new twist on it this week with the inverse of last week’s topic.
Living and breathing in dramaland sometimes means encountering the YMMV factor — in other words, though consensus is generally a good measuring stick for judging a drama’s worth, sometimes it’s not. Sometimes there’s a drama that everyone raves about — it’s a hit, it has legions of fans, and everyone is swept into its magic — except you.
Have you been there? For me, that drama is Vincenzo. I recognize its worth and its unique color, but man, I had to force myself to watch it, and eventually gave up. It now sits on my list of Dramas I Couldn’t Love Even Though I Wanted To.
What’s the one drama everyone else loved but you couldn’t (even though you wanted to)?
Let the chatting begin!
Thanks to Ga and @LaurenSophie for the prompt
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates
- [Drama Chat] If you could be a drama character for a day
- [Drama Chat] Typecast: for better or worse?
- [Drama Chat] When dramas hit your wallet
- [Drama Chat] The drama trope that happened to you
- [Drama Chat] Name your favorite up-and-comers
- [Drama Chat] The drama that wrecked your heart
- [Drama Chat] How did Squid Game change K-dramas?
- [Drama Chat] What made The Red Sleeve Cuff such a hit?
- [Drama Chat] What was the best drama of 2021?