[Drama chat] The drama moment that made you ugly-cry
I’m funny about crying over dramas. Categorically sad and heavy dramas make me too sad to actually cry — instead, it’s the overwrought (I hate to say “cheesy”) drama moments that will make me cry hands-down, every time.
For instance, the main thing I remember about the 2013 melo Secret was bawling my eyes out when Hwang Jung-eum’s character was grieving over her father and all the hardships he had been through. She said she wanted to be reincarnated as his mother to pay back all the love he had given her (or something close to that), and yeah, I was an ugly mess.
Similarly, the DMZ goodbye scene in Crash Landing on You definitely made me ugly-cry, too. Heck, I couldn’t even select a screencap of the scene without feeling a gigantic lump in my throat. Now, I’m not saying that scene was cheesy. Different than the usual melo moments or deceased parent plot lines that make me into a blubbering mess, the Crash Landing on You scene was so beautiful, heartfelt, and exploding with raw emotion, that it became the best moment of the drama for me.
What drama moment (or, drama moments) made you ugly-cry?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama Chat] That drama you hate-watched all the way through
- [Drama Chat] Your current top 10 dramas
- [Drama Chat] The OST you’re still listening to
- [Drama Chat] Your gateway drama
- [Drama Chat] Can I have your wardrobe?
- [Drama Chat] Who’s your favorite scene-stealer?
- [Drama Chat] Signs of a baddie
- [Drama Chat] Which drama is your happy place?
- [Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates
- Drama Chat